ADVERTISEMENT

JHRose head coach vacancy

Rose has open enrollment if you come as a freshman. Arrive after that and you sit 1 year before you become eligible. Put in place after the first year when Cornell Powell went out and got guys to come in and play with him only to lose to CC in the 4A finals

Rose has open enrollment if you come as a freshman. Arrive after that and you sit 1 year before you become eligible. Put in place after the first year when Cornell Powell went out and got guys to come in and play with him only to lose to CC in the 4A finals
Why does only Rose have open enrollment? Or do all county schools have it too. I’m just confused is all.

Why does only Rose have open enrollment? Or do all county schools have it too. I’m just confused is all.
Your confused ?? Try living here it’s no better. DH Conley and South Central have had higher enrollments are tighter on space and have very few openings for open enrollment. Rose has a bigger facility and has more room. General students can go on that basis at any time but athletes must go as a freshman if they want to play immediately. Go later than that and lose a year. Hope it helps but it’s really crazy the way they do things

Your confused ?? Try living here it’s no better. DH Conley and South Central have had higher enrollments are tighter on space and have very few openings for open enrollment. Rose has a bigger facility and has more room. General students can go on that basis at any time but athletes must go as a freshman if they want to play immediately. Go later than that and lose a year. Hope it helps but it’s really crazy the way they do things
Doesn't seem like these rules would stand up in court with a good lawyer. How can you have open enrollment at two schools and not the others? And how can you tell a kid if he didn't play there as a freshman he can't play if he moves in? This relate the the DHC drama with the kid who transferred from Rose a few years ago?

Doesn't seem like these rules would stand up in court with a good lawyer. How can you have open enrollment at two schools and not the others? And how can you tell a kid if he didn't play there as a freshman he can't play if he moves in? This relate the the DHC drama with the kid who transferred from Rose a few years ago?
That's our rule. Tranfer in and lose a year unless the school you come from signs off on it. It should be how all transfers work within a county like that where some schools have open enrollment. New Hanover has open enrollment too and has players from all over that county.

If you legally move to a new school district then you should be eligible. That makes no sense to me unless the season has started. And Catholic has no boundaries so how does this apply to them?

If you legally move to a new school district then you should be eligible. That makes no sense to me unless the season has started. And Catholic has no boundaries so how does this apply to them?
I was referring to not moving and going to a school with open enrollment. Meant not living in NH district but transferring there from Laney. Unless you move you should sitout. I brought us up because that’s the rule we operate under. Unless you move from out of state or your school signs off you have to sit a year to play sports at CC. I feel like that should be a rule in all open enrollment areas unless you physically move.

I agree with that. I think open enrollment is a bunch of BS anyway. It's not right when some schools have a hard line district, yet others have open enrollment. We have academies here in Cumberland County you can apply to go to at different HS's. IF you are allowed in there, you can play sports. Otherwise, you have to move into the district of the school to be eligible.

I agree with that. I think open enrollment is a bunch of BS anyway. It's not right when some schools have a hard line district, yet others have open enrollment. We have academies here in Cumberland County you can apply to go to at different HS's. IF you are allowed in there, you can play sports. Otherwise, you have to move into the district of the school to be eligible.
I’d be ok with a kid not sitting out if the school they are leaving signs off on it. Believe it’s the head coach/AD and principal who would need to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT