ADVERTISEMENT

James Kenan Basketball

Tiger_Pride31

Sep 27, 2008
My home programs are just terrible, I mean terrible!!!! Girls program is getting worse every year with a you tube coach! An outsider who can't relate to our community, the word is his daughter tells him what to do and when to do it according to some players! No respect! One of the worse programs in the state not just in 2A! Boys program has no development at all, record doesn't show the truth because wins come against small 1A schools and just terrible 2A schools!! Coach knows nothing about basketball, he just let's them play! Kids hate playing for him but have no other options! Why they won't call Clinton Highs JV coach, he's from here and cares! I think he just won another JV championship over there!! Someone help my program, Please! Kids deserve better, Community deserves better!

Haven't seen the boys yet this summer, but they'll be young this year. Some nice young players coming up though, from what I've been told, just gonna take time. I have seen the girls in action two times, four different games, including Clinton. They look like they'll be a lot better, especially if they can keep that pg out of trouble for the whole year. Losing her and the other 2 starters in the same game last year hurt. I have family in there that say the coach been trying to build the numbers back up in the lower grades and middle schools and skill development. That's what it takes, but it takes time. They do look like they'll have a little size again, so that'll help too. You seem to gripe about coaches and staff a lot, but you gotta have players, too. JK been down in all sports the last year or 2, but from what I hear, a lot of folks were glad to see this year's class leave. Sometimes, you get a couple classes of kids that just don't care enough.

1) you want to say trying, how long is trying while the program suffers! Let me give you some facts! Since 2006 we've had 3 good seasons, its 2019 and the word trying is still the word you use! Maybe try a new word "DO" something different! Talking about the girls you mention. If it was a business it would be closed for lack of profit like the Quinn Wholesale and National Spinning if your old enough to remember those here! Boys side the Mccaster kid should've been a way better talent than St. Andrews ( no disrespect) but despite fans just looking at points scored, it was never looked at that he was not being developed to be a top level college guard! It was everyone give him the ball everyone else stand around and wait! Do you really call that development?

It'll be interesting to see JK without Mccaster this year. He was a fantastic competitor, but lacked discipline at times. I think JK will have trouble scoring at times this year, as Mccaster covered up a lot of issues last year.
As far as the Clinton JV coach you speak of. He might not want to leave Clinton. They have a much better basketball setup and support system within, than JK does.

It'll be interesting to see JK without Mccaster this year. He was a fantastic competitor, but lacked discipline at times. I think JK will have trouble scoring at times this year, as Mccaster covered up a lot of issues last year.
As far as the Clinton JV coach you speak of. He might not want to leave Clinton. They have a much better basketball setup and support system within, than JK does.
Maybe it's wishful thinking. Just think/know he could change the community atmosphere which would impact all our sports. Yes I agree all the flaws and development of kids will show greatly now that McCaster is gone.

I believe his son plays over here in Clinton so he is where he wants to be. I'm a Dark Horse, but follow JK too because of family there, so yeah they'll struggle some without McCaster this year. Gonna be interesting to see how they play and develop. He's erased a lot of errors the last few years by just making plays. The talk here is that they expect them to drop off a bit. Saw your girls again at the jamboree over here last month and chatted with the coach for a few, and others in the conference. Gotta say I was impressed. Didn't realize just how bad the numbers were over there a two years ago when he took over or how young they were and still are. From what I saw, they're going to be a fun group to watch grow. Boys and girls basketball in the conference is going to be interesting this year.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT