ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville vs West Carteret

Cards 48-16 don't know how it was that close. Jacksonville has got to stop leaving points on the board like that. Left 14 points on two stupid turnovers at like the 5 yard line and the 2 yard line.

Well will the Cards get a little more respect? Maybe maybe not. West was supposed to be a half decent team according to the polls. At one time ranked ahead of Jacksonville. We see how that turned out. They played with the mighty Havelock for 3Qts. Then the flood gates opened. I guess u can say they lasted a half with the Cards. Will give them the 2nd QT because right before half time after the Cards went up it was all over. 2nd half WC shut down. Defense made some adjustments at halftime for the second week in a row and shut teams down in second half. Offensively was good to see Finnister back doing what he does and Whittington well he is just Whittington...WC decided that they were going to crowd the line and walk all their guys up to stop the run...well again folks when I tried to tell you. You will not stop two quality backs like they have for 4 qts..add a QB who can take it the distance at anytime then your 3rd back can take it the distance whenever he touches the ball. So what happens they still get gashed for 300 yards rushing. However unlike Jacksonville teams in the past....these birds can chuck it if need be. Three very talented receivers who can go up and get it and once they catch it can take it to the house. So Mr Benton and company throws for darn near 300 yards. I tried to tell y'all this is one of the fastest teams in the state as in the Cards. This is a well balanced team who will run the ball and has showed it can pass the ball as well. The Cards are legit. The Cards and Rams are headed on a collision course for the conference title. Barring any injuries from both teams should go down as a classic. Not to look ahead to far because anything can happen....however if the football Gods let everything fall as they should and each team stays healthy. What a game it should be for the title. However folks the Rams have a formidable opponent next week in Northside. Monarchs are a solid football team and if the Rams pass defense is not up to par. They have a chance to shock Havelock.

I said in another thread you should win by 4 td's. Jacksonville - Havelock is buikding up to be a good game. Both teams need to keep it going. Nothing like playing for a conf crown that last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT