ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville vs East Duplin

This game will be a measuring stick for my Panthers. I think our defense is up to the task of slowing the down the Cards.

ED 28
Jax 14

Reactions: 96panther
This game will be a measuring stick for my Panthers. I think our defense is up to the task of slowing the down the Cards.

ED 28
Jax 14
As they say up there in Duplin County.. I reckon we will have to see about that. If you think you will hold this bunch to 14 points your insane. Should be a good one. Best of luck to both teams and let's hope the boys all come out injury free.

As they say up there in Duplin County.. I reckon we will have to see about that. If you think you will hold this bunch to 14 points your insane. Should be a good one. Best of luck to both teams and let's hope the boys all come out injury free.
Too early in the season to tell what each team has and doesn't have. Just keep in mind that this defense returned 9 of 11 starters that pitched 7 shutouts last season. Hoping for a injury free game. Go Panthers!

Reactions: 96panther
Lol keep up the sarcasm. You act like it'll get you somewhere.

You asked for a honest prediction and I gave you one. I also said it's too early in the season to really tell. Guess you didn't like what I had to say. Oh well :cool::cool:

Where are all the Panthers faithful at? How bad will the Panthers beat the Cards? Would love to hear.
ive never been one to give many predictions, but being you started this thread, whats "your" prediction? a serious prediction. not the sarcastic " oh you guys are going to destroy us" prediction like you always give everybody on these boards.

Jacksonville 28-21. Jacksonville has to many bodies for ED. Will be my first High School game this year. I am thinking a real good game.

If you go back and look over the past 6 years I have been on here. I have never given a prediction of a score on a game. This is what I will say. If they Cards can limit the big plays and not shoot themselves in the foot. Like superstar said..the Cards too many fresh bodies coming in at them and by the 4th the Panthers might be worn down. I don't think they are ready for the overall team speed that they are about to witness. The Panthers are a well coached football team and have some hard nosed kids. I think the Cards can only beat themselves. Team can b pretty special and a win over a highly respectable opponent such as East Duplin will finally get some folks to talk about a team that returned darn near their whole offense and defense from a Eastern Final playoff run and came up 30 yards short of playing for a state title. No respect as usual but hey I guess we have to go out and earn it.

Itsjust... I don't know brother. Those Panthers are a pretty tough bunch. The word on street is Jacksonville can't hang with them.. should be a good one. We will see.

Every team that the Cards ran into with the same bunch who is playing this year in their playoff run was so.e of the top rates defenses in the state. Everyone swore up and down that there was no way the Cards was going to come in and run the ball on defenses that pitched ex number of shutouts or our defense only allowed 50 rushing yards a game and all of that? And what happened? They all got gashed for damn near 400 yards rushing the entire playoffs. All I am saying is that offensive line is still pretty much intact with three starters returning. That backfield is back. QB gone but not much different from last year's QB just as fast if not faster. If ED is not in shape. They will get ran off the Field. I mean in shape all around. Their defensive line their offensive line. Jacksonville will turn the pace of the game into a track meet. They never take their foot off the gas. The numbers will catch ED because that backup is just as fast and quick as that starter that he relieves for a couple plays. So we will see. Panthers are a well coached and very good football team. We will see....one thing that is for sure they had better bring their running shows because it will definitely feel more like a track meet then a football game. The pace will be something that most teams are not used to this early.

As great as havelock is they are the only team that beat Jacksonville bad last year and the only reason that happen is because it was just a horrific night for Jacksonville turning the ball over and they are even better this year you'll see what happens im sticking with my prediction lmao

If you go back and look over the past 6 years I have been on here. I have never given a prediction of a score on a game. This is what I will say. If they Cards can limit the big plays and not shoot themselves in the foot. Like superstar said..the Cards too many fresh bodies coming in at them and by the 4th the Panthers might be worn down. I don't think they are ready for the overall team speed that they are about to witness. The Panthers are a well coached football team and have some hard nosed kids. I think the Cards can only beat themselves. Team can b pretty special and a win over a highly respectable opponent such as East Duplin will finally get some folks to talk about a team that returned darn near their whole offense and defense from a Eastern Final playoff run and came up 30 yards short of playing for a state title. No respect as usual but hey I guess we have to go out and earn it.
have you seen East Duplin's overall team speed???

have you seen East Duplin's overall team speed???
I watched ED first two Qts against Richlands. Friends of our son plays for Richlands. Trust me not even close to what they are about to witness Friday night when it's comes to overall team speed. Trust me it has nothing to do with me being a Cards fan. Just straight facts my friend. ED has so e great kids and is without question one of the best coached teams in the State. As hard as it is for some to swallow..These Cards are pretty decent. Let's pray for a injury free game for both teams.

ItsJustWords252, I don't think the score will be that lopsided but if it is Jacksonville will be the one on the losing end. East Duplin is not that Southwest Onslow team y'all faced last week.
Are you sure about the Cards being on the losing end? Your right ED is not SWO...but you had better believe my friend Jacksonville is nowhere close to being Richlands either. Should be a good one between two good football teams.

I watched ED first two Qts against Richlands. Friends of our son plays for Richlands. Trust me not even close to what they are about to witness Friday night when it's comes to overall team speed. Trust me it has nothing to do with me being a Cards fan. Just straight facts my friend. ED has so e great kids and is without question one of the best coached teams in the State. As hard as it is for some to swallow..These Cards are pretty decent. Let's pray for a injury free game for both teams.
trust me. we will be ready for that great "team speed". :)

only 11 on the field at a time, and ED has enough bodies to stay fresh.

I think it will be a really good game, but overall I still think Jacksonville has the better team. Not a big Cards, but that team has been on the rise the last couple of years.

I think it will be a really good game, but overall I still think Jacksonville has the better team. Not a big Cards, but that team has been on the rise the last couple of years.
fair enough. two good teams. should be a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT