ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball I've released my North Carolina American Legion preseason rankings 2018.

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
2018 NCAL PRESEASON RANKINGS

1. RANDOLPH COUNTY
2. WILMINGTON
3. PITT COUNTY
4. ROWAN COUNTY
5. GARNER
6. HOPE MILLS
7. CHERRYVILLE
8. SHELBY
9. UNION COUNTY
10.WILSON

HM
GASTON BRAVES

2018 NCAL PRESEASON RANKINGS

1. RANDOLPH COUNTY
2. WILMINGTON
3. PITT COUNTY
4. ROWAN COUNTY
5. GARNER
6. HOPE MILLS
7. CHERRYVILLE
8. SHELBY
9. UNION COUNTY
10.WILSON

HM
GASTON BRAVES
Hon.

Where did you arrive from these rankings, not disagreeing with them, just what drove them?

Glad to see we are discussing American Legion baseball.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Keep a eye on the Pineville post out of Charlotte. They are creating a team and will be made up of kids from what I read on twitter from Ardrey Kell, Providence, Charlotte Country Day, and Charlotte Latin.

The preseason is basically how teams finished up. As the season progresses these will change. I did the rankings last year and it it went pretty well with the NCAL fans. Looking forward to this years rankings. Area I & 2 is the key to accurate rankings so any info passed on will be helpful. I have contact in those area too.

The preseason is basically how teams finished up. As the season progresses these will change. I did the rankings last year and it it went pretty well with the NCAL fans. Looking forward to this years rankings. Area I & 2 is the key to accurate rankings so any info passed on will be helpful. I have contact in those area too.
With the passing of J.T. Probably going to be difficult to get Area III scores.

Looking forward to another American Legion season here in Area IV. I think the pre-season rankings are pretty accurate at this point. We know there can be and usually are a few surprises.

Last year in Area IV going into the season everyone agreed that the Gaston Braves and Union County were the most talented teams Heading into the playoffs most still felt it would come down to those two. However, Cherryville and Shelby spoiled it for them. Both Cherryvile and Shelby should have a lot players back. I hope to get a chance to see Cherryville this week if none of their scheduled games are cxl'd to due players tied up in the HS Playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT