ADVERTISEMENT

It's On Scotland vs Richmond

JMACDE99

Oct 22, 2013
RC - is better than I thought an by a long shot. After watching them the first half I knew they had improved but they flat out beat the shiznit out of PC the second half. They are aggressive as all get out with their play calling and they saw how sc ran all over PC with white and they did the same thing. I believe Metzger got out coached big time. PC was planning for the pass and RC punched them right in the mouth. RC gambled all night on D and PC didn't make them pay enough. On defense there are two big time players for RC it's Hunt #34 and #48 (name escapes me but plays just like the Bryant kid from Britt #7. He lives on the other side of the LOS. The rest of the guys play hard but do not jump off the charts like those 2. Offensively, Ziegler will be one of the best qb's in the state next year. The kid can play and he has an arm. Godwin kid #23 is quick and shifty runs hard. The show stopper on Offense is #88 Ellerbe (yes there is another one) Big time playmaker if he gets it in open field go line up for the extra point. RC wide receivers block their asses off down field. Better than SC's and that is saying a lot. Now where I see the scot's controlling the game - RC two offensive guards and center might avg 210 lbs between the 3 of them. They will have a hard time blocking our interior 3. To be quiet honest I think this is were the Raiders are going to be in deep do do. Next PC had receivers running free all night and when Ledbetter wasn't under or over throwing them they were darting through RC like a hot knife through butter.

Bottom line this game will match power against speed. Last thing someone tell coach Metzger that J. Dickerson #4 is the best player on the field and he needs more than 5 -6 touches a game. SMMFH all night long.

Last edited:
The Pate will be rocking next Friday. Two great teams battling for the Conference Title and a one seed in the playoffs in front of a packed house. Go Scots !

The Pate will be rocking next Friday. Two great teams battling for the Conference Title and a one seed in the playoffs in front of a packed house. Go Scots !

also +1 jmac
Richmond very good against the run tonight.
Ledbetter was just terrible with the pass, missed many
open receivers, ofcourse he was scrambling for his life a great deal.
All is set up for a fantastic game next week.
GO SCOTS

worst game ledbetter has ever played in the conference IMO. The coaching wasn't much better for PC either really was disappointed in the lack of touches for #4. Got to be something else to the story.

Two weeks ago two top ten teams in Pate Stadium and here its is again two top ten teams Richmond vs Scotland should be a great game #34 will have a big game and the Scots roll, can't wait for it.

JM the left guard weighs in about 230 and a 3 YEAR STARTER.....THE CENTER IS ABOUT 210 AND A 3 YEAR STARTER, LEFT GUARD ,SMALL MAYBE190, SMART AND GREAT TECHNIQUE.''''''.All 3 honor students........3 sr's that have been through some battles.....Cant wait for Fri at pate.....Should be a lot of fun...Just hope we have a chance.......All we want is a slim chance......nuff said...;).

Stud
i was close is said 225 , 205 and 195. They play hard! I just was amazed at how small they were. they look small on film but in person I was thrown back. Raiders are very good no matter what happens friday. I want talk about the past regime but something has changed. I'm glad I want RC and SC to be at their best and the last few years that has not been the case. I think this year the game will live up to what everyone is accustomed to.

Reactions: 1Twister
Stud
i was close is said 225 , 205 and 195. They play hard! I just was amazed at how small they were. they look small on film but in person I was thrown back. Raiders are very good no matter what happens friday. I want talk about the past regime but something has changed. I'm glad I want RC and SC to be at their best and the last few years that has not been the case. I think this year the game will live up to what everyone is accustomed to.
Good job,JM...2 VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAMS LAYING IT ON THE LINE next Friday........U are right they do not look very big in size, but like I said ,3 honor students that are battle tested, 3 year starters......Great kids also.....Good luck to your scots ...Hoping for a great game with no players getting injured.....Should be a good one , with a top seed on the line....nuff said....

Reactions: 1Twister
Last year RC had a small off line but they fired off as well as any I had seen that year. Those young men played hard and held their own. RC lost their QB last year heading into this game and they just couldn't throw the ball and once SC started loading the box it was over. Doesn't look like that will be an issue this year.

Last year RC had a small off line but they fired off as well as any I had seen that year. Those young men played hard and held their own. RC lost their QB last year heading into this game and they just couldn't throw the ball and once SC started loading the box it was over. Doesn't look like that will be an issue this year.
correction no they didn't loose their qb. Hoggard was their starting qb last year which angered a lot of folks. ziegler was a back-up. they moved calhoun to wideout who was starting for a while. This is basically the same team from last year just a better scheme, qb, coach, and playing lights out football.

This team is what the rest of the state feared when we got rid of the other guy. I expected two to three years to get the old stains out of the wash. They may be ahead of schedule. Next week will be the judge of that.

Nice to know you at least have the coaching to compete now. So much for that lack of talent crap these "experts" were claiming. It's also amazing that "our kids couldn't be taught to pass and catch" for years only to figure it out in a couple of months. And the defense is just the difference between very bad coaching and excellent coaching. End of story. Anyone want any crow?

Richmond vs Scotland getting back to the way it is supposed to be.

I can't stand you guys but I respect you. Game on.

Reactions: Doc Holliday-JB
Two great teams. I expect Zamir White to get a lot of carries and will be the difference as Scots win another conference Title. Should be a classic.

This team is what the rest of the state feared when we got rid of the other guy. I expected two to three years to get the old stains out of the wash. They may be ahead of schedule. Next week will be the judge of that.

Nice to know you at least have the coaching to compete now. So much for that lack of talent crap these "experts" were claiming. It's also amazing that "our kids couldn't be taught to pass and catch" for years only to figure it out in a couple of months. And the defense is just the difference between very bad coaching and excellent coaching. End of story. Anyone want any crow?

Richmond vs Scotland getting back to the way it is supposed to be.

I can't stand you guys but I respect you. Game on.
For once I agree with you Heel yes. In my Mills Lane voice - "LET'S GET IT ON"

Two great teams. I expect Zamir White to get a lot of carries and will be the difference as Scots win another conference Title. Should be a classic.

I'll stick my neck out here and say that Zamir White from all reports is a great back. But the Raiders will game plan to shut him down. you'll have to beat us with something else. Oh White will get some yards. Maybe even break a big one. But he won't be the game changer you guys will need. On that I can assure you.

Looking forward to some great tailgating, trash talking, football playing, and RAIDER CELEBRATING next Friday night!! See you all soon. :D

I'll stick my neck out here and say that Zamir White from all reports is a great back. But the Raiders will game plan to shut him down. you'll have to beat us with something else. Oh White will get some yards. Maybe even break a big one. But he won't be the game changer you guys will need. On that I can assure you.

Looking forward to some great tailgating, trash talking, football playing, and RAIDER CELEBRATING next Friday night!! See you all soon. :D
Well Twister, I got one for you. If the Raiders game plan to just shut Zamir down, they will be in for a rude awakening!!!

Reactions: Scots_nation
MAAANNNNN the Raiders have IMPROVED!! First game was last night against PC and this is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Raider team.

That being said, Richmond will have to contain White. Your not going to stop him, you can only contain him. I feel real confident about this game Friday night.

LETS GOOOOOO RAIDERS!!!!!!

Like someone said in a previous post, I don't like Scotland, but I will respect you all. Like Stud said........all we want is a slim chance....

Last edited:
If they gamble like last night on d the field is wide open for big plays. Ledbetter just couldn't connect. sc will have its shots the question is will we take them and connect. if so Scots will win this game. RC cannot stand up to scots in a conventional look on D. That said they have all the tools to really slow down scots.

If they gamble like last night on d the field is wide open for big plays. Ledbetter just couldn't connect. sc will have its shots the question is will we take them and connect. if so Scots will win this game. RC cannot stand up to scots in a conventional look on D. That said they have all the tools to really slow down scots.
Hey....JM All we want is just a slim chance to win and compete....Should be a good one HOPEFULLY...Just a slim , slim chance is all we ask...nuff said...

Hey....JM All we want is just a slim chance to win and compete....Should be a good one HOPEFULLY...Just a slim , slim chance is all we ask...nuff said...
this is about imposing your will on the other team friday. the score will indicate a loser but there are no losers on these two teams for sure. mistakes could be the only really difference and i think the positives of each balances out the negatives.

White is a beast and will get lots of touches but the Scots are far from one dimensional. QB Furgeson can make plays too. I expect a high scoring great ball game and Im just glad 34 is a Scot.

White may be a beast but the Scots still had to hold on by the skin of their teeth to beat the Patriots. The Scots are just a door that the Raiders are going to kick in. We'll see just how physical the Skirts really are. I hope it's more than those whiners up in Aberdeen, along with their announcers.

Can those idiots that make the polls raise their hands so I can laugh at them again?

Pinecrest and Dudley better than Richmond. Dummies.

Never fear, when pinecrest schedules their first 7 games next year against the school of the blind and sister Mary's girl school you guys can pat yourself on the back some more.

On to the cross dressers. Maybe when we kick their buts we can move into the top 8 if the teams from Charlotte can lose 4 games a piece.

Snake you have the right name for how you'll be feeling about 10 pm next week.....
CRYING

Grease up because this is the first time in about 15 years we are not being led by a bunch of posers from Anson county. Here comes the boom.

The Scots are the best team in the state hell maybe the country we have no chance what so ever. I'm sure we will be 3 TD underdogs but that's just the way I like it.

Reactions: GreenandGold
Dang , You guys need to lighten up...Lets just hope it will be a knock down drag out with the one with the most will to survive is left standing and the fans get their 7.00 dollars worth ...I'm looking for the most exciting game of the year between two great high school football team's, that just happen to be 20 miles apart and in the same conference...Like someone said before no losers in this game ...All the marbles on the table with a standing room only crowd...I'll say to all of the posters who have never witnessed this game with so much at stake it would be worth the trip to pate to witness it first hand....If not, I'm sure the scots will refund your money.....What?????.....It will be 8,000 to 10,000 plus.........Lets get ready to Rumble.......Richmond County vs Scotland County....nuff said.......

Well Twister, I got one for you. If the Raiders game plan to just shut Zamir down, they will be in for a rude awakening!!!

Now no one said we wouldn't prepare for your whole offense. But most teams do try to pick their poison. Since I have no idea the Raiders game plan, anything I say is pure speculation. But generally speaking a defense will decide what they "won't" let defeat them and plan/play accordingly.

I THought at the beginning OF this YEar that Scotland would wiN this easy ... WITH alL the chaos that the Raiders were GoInf through Last spring/SuMer trying to fInD a coach. Richmond Has Impressed me and Looking forward To this game. I THink this is a Pick'EM Game..

Who compared the scores?

Nobody wants to coach at Richmond, we lost the best coach since Vince Lombardi because we are not a grateful bunch in Richmond, only guy we could find is a drunk, Scotland is the best team on this or any other world, they could put 28 on Brady and the patriots, Richmond doesn't stand a chance.

It is not Scotland's only weapon, but Richmond's main plan of attack should be to stop the Show of the evening, the monster of the game, the conquest, the beginning and the end, the ONLY one in this nation that has college's slobbering over him.....Zamir

That will be the difference between looking great or just decent at the Big Dance Expedition

Can RIchmond stop White? Possibly. Can they stop Fergie? Possibly. Can they stop Douglas, Leak, and Smith? Possibly. If they shut everything we can do down, they are the greatest defense in the history of high school football.

Reactions: swett2victory
I love the comparisons between the Scotland/Pinecrest scores and the RIchmond/Pinecrest scores. Last year Scotland beat Pinecrest by 7 and turn around the next week and beat Richmond by 21. Please pin your hopes on something else.
Come on scotty , it's all about THIS YEAR...Nothing else ...We have a very slim chance......But that's all we want .....nuff said

Come on did you read the names stretch just typed? Richmond has no chance. Them guys are faster than a daylight burglary at a mentors house.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT