ADVERTISEMENT

It's official, Richmond Coach has resigned

Was. Bo, Luke and uncle Jesse on the selection committee
Ben Badd
I keep refreshing The Urinal's page but nothing yet.....................I wunder what name of the new born will be. Please dont tell me it will fall in line with my fam....."Rufus" "Rhett" or even "Vernon"

Hint Hint: If you hear a name like "James" "George" "Ted" "John" "Tyrone" "Charlie" "Darrell" "Kent" "Jim" or even "Bill".........Youre in good hands

Other than that....the ping pong balls are gona bounce off the walls

I'm takin the 5th...Y'all want some...you nailed tho Mr. Swett...we was both spot on... all but the gall-dang name...you weren't even close... lol

Man... we done hit 810 posts...ain't my Raiders great? How far will this thang go?

I bugged the meeting Mr badd I went covert.the main player wasa fella named George. He said not today not tomorrow will I allow this to happen. It was seconded some other named ddIdon't,t know what the letters stand for.they kinda looked like Mr wrestling1 and2

Ole ct is man of many talents.Mr wrestling 1and 2payed no attention. To be.I was in my covert gear I flowered down.myself I fit right in . they asked beverage I put the bug in rcraiders insulated mugs

Well I ain't gonna say nothin bad about them fellas in the off season...besides, they been whoopin us purty good...Lol GO RAIDERS...ain't try in to wake the sleep in dog.

A lot of .y friends from NC up here are from rc hamlet rock.Nichols Covington. I lost a friend in that fire a few years back from the bern

Gentlemen,
Bryan Till was named head coach of the Richie Rich Senior football team at a special Board of Education meeting held Monday morning. The announcement ends This freaking crazy up-town folk thread and Richie Rich's search for its 11th head football coach in school history

After 826 post and a monumental record of 32,995 views, I was glad we could get together folks,

This is S2V signing off now
Good night, and good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
Good luck to him.keep same doctor,shrink if you do not have one get one..the countdown begins.let the love affair begin..just cc and hog..

Can't wait TILL next season. It's always darkest unTILL the dawn. As the great CT147 once said "there is nothing wrong with wearing women's clothing unless it makes your butt look big"

Richmond fans will always struggle unTill they get out of the past. You have people writing off a coach basically because they don't know him or he isn't in their OL boy network. Fact is no one in this forum was on the hiring committee so I think that says what they district feels about your opinion. Sit back and let the man work. He's had success at Terry Sanford and placed multiple kids at various levels of college football. So don't tell me it's about the kids, because that only seems to be the case as long as they hire the guy you wanted.

Richmond fans will always struggle unTill they get out of the past. You have people writing off a coach basically because they don't know him or he isn't in their OL boy network. Fact is no one in this forum was on the hiring committee so I think that says what they district feels about your opinion. Sit back and let the man work. He's had success at Terry Sanford and placed multiple kids at various levels of college football. So don't tell me it's about the kids, because that only seems to be the case as long as they hire the guy you wanted.
Very well said!!!

What tickles me about all the talk about the OL boys network is that none of these coaches had any ties to RC before coming here. D. Barnes, E. Emory, P. Hoggard nor M. Castellano Only one of the group ever worked in the area. That is Ed Emory who was coach at Wadesboro in the 60 or maybe the 70's. There are others that coached here and only Charlie Bishop who was an interim coach for one year had a long connection to Richmond. I may be wrong but I don't ever remember a local being the head football coach. Hoggard and Schuler were assistant Coaches here. For the record both had been head coaches elsewhere although I don't believe this should be a requirement for a job it is helpful. One former coach had won a State Championship at another school he was not very successful at Richmond. As far as DB not teaching that is correct he served as a counselor. I believe Hoggard worked in the weight room. I am not sure about the others.
I want to wish Coach TIll Good luck next year and for many years in the future. Go Raiders.

Who was the coach that won a state championship elsewhere, but "wasn't successful" at Richmond? There's only been one losing season at Richmond, and that was in the 70s. I think Richmond finished one year in the 70s with a 4-5-1 mark. And, didn't Castellano teach US history or something?

Who was the coach that won a state championship elsewhere, but "wasn't successful" at Richmond? There's only been one losing season at Richmond, and that was in the 70s. I think Richmond finished one year in the 70s with a 4-5-1 mark. And, didn't Castellano teach US history or something?
Based on the coaching records listed on this site, the worst record was 5-5 in 1986. Coach Hiatt was the coach that year. Hid overall record was 27-15 according to list posted on here. I was told that Coach Hiatt had won a championship at another school. I researched that last night but could find nothing on it. I do know that Lexington won the championship the year after he came to Richmond. May be that is where that came from

Hiatt came from Milbrook and beat Richmond in 86, 3rd round at Millbrook in a hurricane. Think they were the only teams in the state to play that night. Richmond led by Skeet Thomas, Brain David, and Cleon Robinson among others. Smart move on Millbrook to play that night rain slowed Richmonds speed and let Jimbo Bottomly and Tim High use power game against us. Some of these accounts may be skewed a bit due to time and state of mind I was in at the game.

Actually need to correct something Richmond was coached in that game by former Millbrook coach Ed Hiatt. See time and alcohol make things a bit cloudy.

Based on the coaching records listed on this site, the worst record was 5-5 in 1986. Coach Hiatt was the coach that year. Hid overall record was 27-15 according to list posted on here. I was told that Coach Hiatt had won a championship at another school. I researched that last night but could find nothing on it. I do know that Lexington won the championship the year after he came to Richmond. May be that is where that came from
Worst record according to carolina preps 1973 under Krall 4-5-1.

The overall percentage is awesome for that many years... referring to Richmond w/l record 44 years... over 800 per cent.

Reactions: Raiderdev23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT