ADVERTISEMENT

It's official, Richmond Coach has resigned

By no means was i suggesting that a Coach should get a job because of the color of his skin. It's just somewhat hard to understand, a guy like Brand or King who know how to win and have the resumes to back it up vs guys who have won nothing? The Raiders talk about winning, but hire coaches who were average @ their previous jobs and expect different results @ Richmond.

Saying things like. He will be fine! No he won't! He's going to do exactly what he did at his last job. AVERAGE!
So you know for a fact they applied for the job? Let me answer no you don't so don't play the race card.

I think a coach of color would be a great hire at Richmond, majority of the team and the communities that make up the team are of color. However, I want who is the best for the team and school that applied. The previous times this job has come open I know of three candidates who were highly qualified that were of Afro-American heritage. They were highly qualified as football coaches but there is more to this job than football qualities. From what i understand, one of the aforementioned wanted more money than was offered, one was not certified to teach, and the other cheated to win at a previous school. I would love to see Eric Morman, Willie Quick, one of the Clark brothers or Tavares Brown lead the Raiders. Everyone cries for Denson to get his shot and how unfair it is that he didnt, what about Milton Swnnie, Eric Gould or Andre Jacobs? The problem is these people would have to want the job and right now with the way the program has turned into a soap opera why would they? Maybe later but not now.....let the b@#$^ing begin
Are any of these guys teachers?

So you know for a fact they applied for the job? Let me answer no you don't so don't play the race card.

Let me answer for myself! Yes Aarond Brand applied. I inquired why there has never been a black coach hired @ Richmond? You bring up Race Card. That make no sense and speak volumes of how you think.

Are any of these guys teachers?
C2qH7gvWgAECfnv.jpg:small

That type systamatic response is a deep rooted problem with some of you guys & why you continue to fall short, and will continue to chase, until you get a clue!

Is Richmond against hiring a Black Coach, because there was 1 or 2 who applied for this job, who were lights years more qualified?
This is what you said. "Is Richmond AGAINST hiring a black man" like Richmond against black coaches.

@Nepsy I am a former Richmond Raider and I will go on record saying until some of these dinosaurs die thats when Richmond Co. may consider a blk coach; 95% of the team is black, Castellano was the closes your going to get to being blk as well as being able to relate to the players; Now I will give Brad this he understand the program and the youth in Ruchmond Co.

This is what you said. "Is Richmond AGAINST hiring a black man" like Richmond against black coaches.

It was a question moron? Your insulted by me asking a question? You're telling on yourself!
I know what i said. I'm not hiding from the question, but you are definitely flipping it to something else. Please explain how a school that has never hired a Head Black coach, and passing up black candidates on a regular, and me asking why? Considered playing the race card?

PLEASE EXPLAIN rcoraider98???????

Last edited:
Moron? Name calling really? Didn't realize I was talking to a kid. Is the 7 in your screen name your age?

Nepsy back to your question and response, trying to get back on track here. I agree, if Brand applied, hard to argue against him especially with what was chosen. He has been involved in winning at every stop he has been and has mentored under some impressive people (especially Knotts). However, we are not privy to the interview sessions and particulars involved....so in the end who knows why......

Nepsy back to your question and response, trying to get back on track here. I agree, if Brand applied, hard to argue against him especially with what was chosen. He has been involved in winning at every stop he has been and has mentored under some impressive people (especially Knotts). However, we are not privy to the interview sessions and particulars involved....so in the end who knows why......

Thank you sir!

GO RAIDERS...7 TIME STATE CHAMPS... goon for 8...dontcha just luv it? Who cares what color the coach is?

I refuse to get involved in a race riot on here... guys we need this fresh start...just sayin...GO RAIDERS...all the instigation n stuff...my goodness... Grown men...Mr. swett... I nailed it buddy...

dcov nice to hear from you ole carlester moore. wha.t you said the same thing last time. you should know. are u refering to the neckwork

Raiderstud, always enjoy your post and not trying to be offensive in no way but maybe that is our problem. We as Raider fans tend to evaluate and judge and based off of what? How are we experts, judges and jurors of Raider football? Comparing coaches, teams and players to our rich past is fun but not fair or productive. Do we really know what goes on in that locker room, meeting room or at our players homes? Maybe we should stick to supporting and enjoying Raider football and less time evaluating and judging. The players and coaches evaluate each other a lot more in depth and better than we ever will. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Ben-Badd

I know that two African Americans head coaches applied after Coach Hoggard left and I understood that Coach Brand was going to apply this go around. The two in 2014 were Coach King from Hillside and Maurice Flowers formerly of West Charlotte and college positions including D2 OC. I understood why Flowers did not get the job but I would have hired Flowers and told him zero tolerance policy. We got your back but do it right. They would have been a force to deal with.

Not sure if this would be the best fit for Coach Brand but the players would love playing for him and I think fans would love the results. He is from a small town in southwest Virginia and he "gets" the players.

I have known coaches that were hired more from the interview and the plan they presented but guys with great resumes fell out of favor due to the interview and plan they presented. Sometimes the perfect football job for the potential coach is not a good move for the family.

Time will tell...

Last edited:
If you are coach with a lesser resume and a better plan, shouldn't you than have to explain why your plan didn't work @ your previous employer?

If you are coach with a lesser resume and a better plan, shouldn't you than have to explain why your plan didn't work @ your previous employer?

That is a question for the people doing the interviewing.

I know that two African Americans head coaches applied after Coach Hoggard left and I understood that Coach Brand was going to apply this go around. The two in 2014 were Coach King from Hillside and Maurice Flowers formerly of West Charlotte and college positions including D2 OC. I understood why Flowers did not get the job but I would have hired Flowers and told him zero tolerance policy. We got your back but do it right. They would have been a force to deal with.

Not sure if this would be the best fit for Coach Brand but the players would love playing for him and I think fans would love the results. He is from a small town in southwest Virginia and he gets the players.

I have known coaches that were hired more from the interview and the plan they presented but guys with great resumes fell out of favor due to the interview and plan they presented. Sometimes the perfect football job for the potential coach is not a good move for the family.

Time will tell...

As i said at the time. There was no way they were hiring King or Flowers and though i didnt say it this time I knew the same would be in place with Brand. That takes nothing away from Till and he may in fact be a very good coach.

@Mr. Swett...sometime losing ain't that bad... alot to be learned from it... better than lose in the last game...I think Richmond is gonna be alright. This new coach looks pretty good... we can't win it all every year...I think alot of teams are coming out of denial..."who is this guy? He could do big things at Richmond"...GO RAIDERS...

Well we had the date down if it matters...I ist hope everybody let it go now and let the gentleman do his job.. the sooner the better for Raider Country.

Reactions: swett2victory
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT