ADVERTISEMENT

It's Here Mount Airy vs East Surry Game Night

East Surry is just that good this year. There is not 1 player that would have made that much difference in the two teams this year.

Mount Airy had the chance to score 2 or 3 more TDs on Mount Airy's end of the field but nothing went their way. Another with J.Smith back and using C Moore in rotation it could be a closer game and without the turnovers, it could very well be a Bear win or a much closer game. Hopefully, the coach saw what C.Moore was capable of tonight against a better team than Bishop in which Moore saw some playing time. Use him more with J.Smith if back. Maybe Mount Airy will still get a bye and Smith comes back.
I drove up to Pilot Mountain see this one. I expected a more competitive outcome. On the 1st play of the game, it was evident that MAs secondary had a challenge on their hands. East does have a talented group of kids this year. Congratulations to them on their outstanding regular season.TD-FridayNight I agree with you 100%. I witnessed a major lack of player rotation, particularly in the backfield from MA. Smith played hard but clearly needed relief at times, he was definitely over utilized...in addition to playing on D... .it was very difficult to comprehend. I believe the over utilization may have lead to the fumbles and possibly Smith's injury. I hope the kid makes a fast recovery and is able to contribute in the playoffs. As you mentioned, C.Moore can make an impact. I haven't seen all the games, however in the games I've seen, Moore has been very consistent when given an opportunity.... good speed, vision and ball security. You mentioned that he'd be as good as Smith next year, I have no doubt about that.

As good as smith , I don’t know about that . I do agree he will be very good his senior campaign. Nance kid as well. We’ve said it all year , running smith in the ground, there’s plenty on the sidelines if given the opportunity

I drove up to Pilot Mountain see this one. I expected a more competitive outcome. On the 1st play of the game, it was evident that MAs secondary had a challenge on their hands. East does have a talented group of kids this year. Congratulations to them on their outstanding regular season.TD-FridayNight I agree with you 100%. I witnessed a major lack of player rotation, particularly in the backfield from MA. Smith played hard but clearly needed relief at times, he was definitely over utilized...in addition to playing on D... .it was very difficult to comprehend. I believe the over utilization may have lead to the fumbles and possibly Smith's injury. I hope the kid makes a fast recovery and is able to contribute in the playoffs. As you mentioned, C.Moore can make an impact. I haven't seen all the games, however in the games I've seen, Moore has been very consistent when given an opportunity.... good speed, vision and ball security. You mentioned that he'd be as good as Smith next year, I have no doubt about that.
Usually when a coach runs one back like that, they feel they have no other choice.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Usually when a coach runs one back like that, they feel they have no other choice.
Yes, you're right. Many coaches feel like they don't have a choice, so they utilize a player way past prime during competition. Maybe because there's a lack of depth or confidence in other players. However, regarding what I've seen from the MA team this year, the backup has shown to be impactful, surely capable of giving the key guy a breather while maintaining the pace of competition. I'm sure you agree, in general, rotation balance would help coaches keep key players fresh and healthy while providing experience for the up and coming....if the circumstances / opportunities allow it.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT