ADVERTISEMENT

Is Lance Ware leaving Shelby?

He just responded to me say hes not been talked to by anyone.. Or offered anything.
Could be smoke screen but i really doubt it...
Find it hard to belive he leave now. Going have great class next year...but ya never know

Does he have enough years for NC Retirement? Could double dip in S.C.

Question is, what do they do this late? Do they go with an interim already on staff (Wilbanks, Emory, the DC) or do they go after somebody outside?

Like i said could be smoke screen... But im just going off what he said..
I do know he thought of that as a dream job...
So who knows guess it will come out soon

I agree i also told him i wouldnt be mad if he did. I respect what he chooses to do

Lance is a class act! He was at the coaches association meeting Friday night. (Note, every FBS HC in the state was there. Best attended coaches meeting by the big boys I remember.) If a state FBS college job is open he should take it. Nothing to prove on the high school level. Continues in the system. Not sure, but I think he has about 22 or 23 years in the system now.

Some of the college jobs that are not a true position coach often pay no more than what he is making but it gets his foot in the door to get the true coaching slot which will pay $150k or more at the FBS level.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Lance is a class act! He was at the coaches association meeting Friday night. (Note, every FBS HC in the state was there. Best attended coaches meeting by the big boys I remember.) If a state FBS college job is open he should take it. Nothing to prove on the high school level. Continues in the system. Not sure, but I think he has about 22 or 23 years in the system now.

Some of the college jobs that are not a true position coach often pay no more than what he is making but it gets his foot in the door to get the true coaching slot which will pay $150k or more at the FBS level.

Mike Houston played this song very well and moved up the coaching ladder very successfully.

Must be a recruit App really wants from Shelby.

Yeah not a chance its because of his talent as a coach and getting the best out of these kids.... Cant be that.....

Hope this isn't the case because we are selfish in wanting him to stay but if its a means of getting further ahead as a family, all for it and would wish him
nothing but success....

I do have to ask though, when we win it all again next year and he is no longer the Coach who will I drive in the Christmas parade?? I QUIT ha ha ha ha ha

Yeah not a chance its because of his talent as a coach and getting the best out of these kids.... Cant be that.....

Hope this isn't the case because we are selfish in wanting him to stay but if its a means of getting further ahead as a family, all for it and would wish him
nothing but success....

I do have to ask though, when we win it all again next year and he is no longer the Coach who will I drive in the Christmas parade?? I QUIT ha ha ha ha ha

You Shelby guys sure are fickle, thinking everything is a "shot" at your program.

Ware's credentials go without mention. For it to be this late in the hiring/recruiting process and so close to spring ball, there is a catch somewhere or this would have happened/been happening a month or 2 ago.

You Shelby guys sure are fickle, thinking everything is a "shot" at your program.

Ware's credentials go without mention. For it to be this late in the hiring/recruiting process and so close to spring ball, there is a catch somewhere or this would have happened/been happening a month or 2 ago.
I’m not a Shelby guy and all of us can be fickle when it comes to the teams we support but your comment is way off base dude. Two month ago Coach Drinkwitz was just announced. He is just now trying to round out his staff. No catch

I would be very surprised if there was any truth to this. Coach Ware is all class. If this was true, he would tell his players before anyone else. He wouldn't let them find out through the rumor mill. Shelby will be loaded this season....could possibly be another undefeated season. Can't wait to see who Ware gets in that week 3 spot.

I would be very surprised if there was any truth to this. Coach Ware is all class. If this was true, he would tell his players before anyone else. He wouldn't let them find out through the rumor mill. ShelbIy will be loaded this season....could possibly be another undefeated season. Can't wait to see who Ware gets in that week 3 spot.
I think he told them.

App has a new head coach who has been working to complete his staff this spring. He had a qb coach hired in Ken Dorsey, only to have Dorsey take a pro job shortly after being hired by ASU. So, like all new head coaches, Drinkwitz has been scrambling to get his staff together.

I am an App alum. They are talking about this on the yosef message board as well. Welcome to the Rock Coach Ware. GO APP!

If Shelby does it right. Matt Beam would be the perfect hire for the Golden Lions. He beat them 4 years in a row while coaching at Burns. No doubt he has a big Ego and cockiness runs through his veins. A big time football factory like Shelby needs just that... expectations and dynamics fit him perfectly. The culture is at Shelby along with the support. Unlike Newton Conover Beam did well considering the mentality of once a football rich place like Newton. In my opinion culture and community in the Newton and Conover area is very weak. Cleveland county does us football fans all a huge favor and bring Matt Beam back! Hell of a coach, Great motivator etc.... Go Golden Lions !!!!

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Dont want to say much..but Beam not likley..
Shelby has always pulled from within..
Dont see that changing...coach Wilbanks and coach Hawn have put in for it...

This is why Mr. Ware lied to you when you asked him about it. He knew you'd let the cat out of the bag like you did with these 2 coaches. SMH
You do realize it was a Crest fan that let the cat out of the bag right? You know a Crest fan, not a Shelby fan which is where things like this should come from. Maybe, just maybe if this is true Ware was being respectful and wanted to tell his players first. No that cannot happen because we have adults who obsess over the possibility of one upping the school they strive to be. This isn’t Rulz doing. He may be the poster but we all know where he got his information.

Got you in a stranglehold baby, best get out of the way!

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
You do realize it was a Crest fan that let the cat out of the bag right? You know a Crest fan, not a Shelby fan which is where things like this should come from. Maybe, just maybe if this is true Ware was being respectful and wanted to tell his players first. No that cannot happen because we have adults who obsess over the possibility of one upping the school they strive to be. This isn’t Rulz doing. He may be the poster but we all know where he got his information.

I was just referring to the fact that shelbyfan1 heard the rumor and went running to Mr. Ware, who then lied to him because he knew it'd get out. Hey wannabe, who pulled your chain anyway?

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter

LOL. You don’t know anything. I simply asked if he was leaving? This is an information board, I sought info. The only way any news could have gotten out is if it came from Ware. I didn’t say he was leaving, I asked if he was leaving. Lastly, you have no idea where I heard what. You’re spreading false information adult.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEERDUCK
We have infiltrated your organization bro. We’re everywhere.
The only thing infiltrated by Crest fans are Waffle House after family night at Leather and Lace. We know who leaked it. We know why the topic was created. It’s fine, I get it. When does Beam start his tenure at Crest or KM? Ask your source. Trust me he knows.

The only thing infiltrated by Crest fans are Waffle House after family night at Leather and Lace. We know who leaked it. We know why the topic was created. It’s fine, I get it. When does Beam start his tenure at Crest or KM? Ask your source. Trust me he knows.
ok. LOL! - Like I said, you don't know anything, hell I don't even know what you're talking bout. I'll digress and let you come up with the scenario that suits you. You'll still be one of my favorites on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT