ADVERTISEMENT

Is East Forsyth Considered A Top 5 Team In The State?

IMO, 1A and 4A should not subdivide. 32 teams, just like 2A and 3A. Wonder what that 4A bracket would have looked like this year?

I would love it. East Forsyth would be a tough out. I think Robbinsville would have been very competitive in an open 1A.

You are correct you play who is in front of you.

Subdivided playoffs have built dynasties. A lot of the same teams every season in the third round and regional title game.

I never use the phrase "made the playoffs" to support any argument for how good a team is in NC. 224 out of 376 qualified or 60%. 48 of 79 in the 4A classification.

I have used the Regional final as the bar. Think that shows an elite level most years

Reactions: btango
. Wonder what that 4A bracket would have looked like this year?

Ask and you shall receive:
4A West
#1 Mallard Creek
#2 West Forsyth
#3 Myers Park
#4 Grimsley
#5 Ardrey Kell
#6 East Forsyth
#7 Butler
#8 Hough
#9 Olympic
#10 Ragsdale
#11 Vance
#12 Reagan
#13 Glenn
#14 Hickory Ridge
#15 Mooresville
#16 South Caldwell

4A East
#1 Richmond
#2 Wake Forest
#3 New Bern
#4 Leesville Road
#5 Holly Springs
#6 South View
#7 Jordan
#8 Hoggard
#9 Pinecrest
#10 Cardinal Gibbons
#11 Heritage
#12 Green Hope
#13 Garner
#14 Scotland
#15 Jack Britt
#16 Rolesville

Used the Adjusted Rankings before the playoffs were announced.

Reactions: btango
To be clear, 2016 was 5th best EF team of last decade at best. I do think East has a very solid chance for a third straight in 2020 though. Knock 4A if you want but we can't help who we face in the playoffs. Every team we played this year made the playoffs except for RJR, and they all won at least one playoff game except SWG and Page. We're trying to beef up the schedule. I'd love to see a big time matchup with MC, Vance, Richmond, Weddington, somebody.
I have no idea what best $ team EF was in 2016. I just remember they were all jacked up BC they thought they were going 4AA and a rematch with Mallard Creek who they had lost to in the previous playoffs but had played well. They told everyone who would listen they were better in 2016 and could take the Creek that year and win the West. .... Then they found they were going 4A, they protested that the kids felt they were being "punished" by being put in 4A and not 4AA. Then Catholic went to EF in the 3rd round and punished them again.

Nobody posting from EF before the Catholic game in 2016 thought they were 5th best anything.

Dou
Weddington would win by double digits, easy![/QUOT
Double Digits ??? Easy???? Have you ever seen EF play ?? The last time East Forsyth lost by 10 or more points was in 2017!!
Weddington would definitely not just embarrass them at all even if the game was played at Weddington!!

I have no idea what best $ team EF was in 2016. I just remember they were all jacked up BC they thought they were going 4AA and a rematch with Mallard Creek who they had lost to in the previous playoffs but had played well. They told everyone who would listen they were better in 2016 and could take the Creek that year and win the West. .... Then they found they were going 4A, they protested that the kids felt they were being "punished" by being put in 4A and not 4AA. Then Catholic went to EF in the 3rd round and punished them again.

Nobody posting from EF before the Catholic game in 2016 thought they were 5th best anything.

Wow, your memory must be much better than mine, Idon't recall any of that. Catholic ran a fake punt to maintain possession late in the 4th to hold on for a 4 pt win. Not sure I'd call that a punishing win but ok.

East is still new to the scene compared to some schools so there is still some skepticism. To that, I say who cares. We'll keep playing whoever they tell us to and continue building the program.

Wow, your memory must be much better than mine, Idon't recall any of that. Catholic ran a fake punt to maintain possession late in the 4th to hold on for a 4 pt win. Not sure I'd call that a punishing win but ok.

East is still new to the scene compared to some schools so there is still some skepticism. To that, I say who cares. We'll keep playing whoever they tell us to and continue building the program.

New to the scene?? Havent they been around since the 60's?

New to being relevant on the state level. Won state in 92 but were very bad for the majority of the 20 years between then and 2012. Don't have the long track record of success like some.

Great game! Northern Durham was stacked and their 1993 team is one of the best I have ever seen in NC. EF big played them with a great athletic qb, Joe Lagarde, who could sling it and ran for over 100 yards that day. Played severall years of minor league baseball after being drafted in about the 20th round. Great all around athlete!

Ask and you shall receive:
4A West
#1 Mallard Creek
#2 West Forsyth
#3 Myers Park
#4 Grimsley
#5 Ardrey Kell
#6 East Forsyth
#7 Butler
#8 Hough
#9 Olympic
#10 Ragsdale
#11 Vance
#12 Reagan
#13 Glenn
#14 Hickory Ridge
#15 Mooresville
#16 South Caldwell

4A East
#1 Richmond
#2 Wake Forest
#3 New Bern
#4 Leesville Road
#5 Holly Springs
#6 South View
#7 Jordan
#8 Hoggard
#9 Pinecrest
#10 Cardinal Gibbons
#11 Heritage
#12 Green Hope
#13 Garner
#14 Scotland
#15 Jack Britt
#16 Rolesville

Used the Adjusted Rankings before the playoffs were announced.

Would anyone enjoyed watching the title game for this non subdivided classification?

Play it at UNC on the turf on Friday and lets play 1A, 2A, and 3A on Saturday.

good lord spell check or my own typing murdered this post, point was I think

Actually you guys had a stud RB signed to go to Wake Forest. He got hurt near the end of the first half and we had been unable to stop him. in the second half it was clear he wasn't the same with the injury. If he had the same second half he had in the first half we would not have won that game (anyone remember that RB's name)

good lord spell check or my own typing murdered this post, point was I think

Actually you guys had a stud RB signed to go to Wake Forest. He got hurt near the end of the first half and we had been unable to stop him. in the second half it was clear he wasn't the same with the injury. If he had the same second half he had in the first half we would not have won that game (anyone remember that RB's name)

Christian Beal. He's still at Wake. He was a stud for sure. I still think the offense was better in 2015 with Nique Martin at wideout. Defenses couldn't just load up to stop Beal. I had forgotten about the injury. I believe he came in late and threw a TD pass to get it within 4, but was definitely not the same.

Reactions: CCougarsfan
Christian Beal. He's still at Wake. He was a stud for sure. I still think the offense was better in 2015 with Nique Martin at wideout. Defenses couldn't just load up to stop Beal. I had forgotten about the injury. I believe he came in late and threw a TD pass to get it within 4, but was definitely not the same.

That 2015 team was great. Probably my favorite East squad. Their obvious weak spot was the QB position though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT