ADVERTISEMENT

Is 51 carries in a game too many carries for a high school running back?

swett2victory

Aug 28, 2010
Cocoa Beach, Florida
football.jpg

Once upon a time in a far away land there was a running back that had 51 carries for 229 yards in one game. It got mixed responses. Some people said the RB is a real workhorse and can handle the load. Others said that is too many carries for a high school running back period.

Once upon a time in a far away land there was a running back that had 51 carries for 229 yards in one game. It got mixed responses. Some people said the RB is a real workhorse and can handle the load. Others said that is too many carries for a high school running back period.
That may be too much in today's game. I know Coach Dubis (Scotland) would run that rock until your tongue fell out and didn't care how many you put in the box!!!

T Roy yes that's it. I'm glad you brought it up because I had lost the link. So you were there? wow.....must of been one exciting one

How fast could this kid run at that time?

In 2007 vs West Bladen, Bernard Williams RB at St. Pauls carried the ball 57 times (NC High School record) for 395 yards. SPHS lost 52-51. Bernard was 6'0 230 lbs and rushed for over 2,000 yards that season as a tailback in the I.

In 2007 vs West Bladen, Bernard Williams RB at St. Pauls carried the ball 57 times (NC High School record) for 395 yards. SPHS lost 52-51. Bernard was 6'0 230 lbs and rushed for over 2,000 yards that season as a tailback in the I.
Thank you for your response sir. Welcome to NCPreps where the boys talk about football, the best places to eat, and discuss numbers. So if youre not great at math please refrain yourself from engaging in such mind meeting conversations. Please read the rules and regulations. If you would happen to have any further questions your Point of Contact is Ms. King.

Again welcome and enjoy

Would you happen to remember Tim Worley from Lumberton rushing 399 back in the day and they beat West Robeson? or what about Greg Williams for 484 for Enloe HS in 2005

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT