ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball information for area 3 for 2017

Organizational Meeting for both Senior and Junior March 19, Lexington Post 8. Senior at 2pm, Junior at 4pm.

i would to see Jr legion area 3 have only 2 divisions, last there was a 3 way tie in one of the divisions for first place, with 4 divisions there is no way of seeding the 4 number 1 seeds.

Sorry Sportsnut17 I am not a coach in that league don't know how these work. So are teams added or subtracted after this meeting? Say a post is unsure if they have a team?

Also when is the league IV meeting?

Sorry Sportsnut17 I am not a coach in that league don't know how these work. So are teams added or subtracted after this meeting? Say a post is unsure if they have a team?

Also when is the league IV meeting?
Yes, they can be added and some drop after meeting, added more so in Juniors. I am not sure when Area IV meeting is.

. but changing the number of team may require a change in the playoff format , number of teams getting a bye. for example if the south has 6 teams and north 7 teams and a south team drops out. would need to move a north team to south to have 6 teams in both divisions . would not want to add a team near the VA line to south to have 7 teams in both divisions if team is added .either

. but changing the number of team may require a change in the playoff format , number of teams getting a bye. for example if the south has 6 teams and north 7 teams and a south team drops out. would need to move a north team to south to have 6 teams in both divisions . would not want to add a team near the VA line to south to have 7 teams in both divisions if team is added .either
with only one division in area 3 it would be easier to add or subtract a JR or SR team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT