ADVERTISEMENT

If there is a season this year, Shelby Wins it ALL 7/8

If Ruff was at Shelby the Huitt kid would not have transferred there. Huitt has history of transferring to schools that he has no real competition at QB position. His parents transfer him to best situation regardless the time of season.

Is he being recruited?

X-Champ pretty shitty thing to say bout a kid and his parents..i so you know them personally?
Or could it be your a fan from a school hes not at...
Either way to air stuff like that on here not good.

Is he being recruited?
Apparently, he’s not, or he wouldn’t make that decision to transfer to SHS, unless he’s good with the eventual small town pat on the back, and playing for a chance to get a state championship ring. Thinking beyond, that’s just not a good decision, period. Shelby, for some odd reason, doesn’t send many to school from the offense side of the ball. They’re either “underrecruited“ or not recruited at all.

Looking at Nation Ford’s’ schedule last season, he was playing against top notch competition in South Carolina and in a bigger division. Recruiting wise and playing quarterback, he would have been better off staying put.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Apparently, he’s not, or he wouldn’t make that decision to transfer to SHS, unless he’s good with the eventual small town pat on the back, and playing for a chance to get a state championship ring. Thinking beyond, that’s just not a good decision, period. Shelby, for some odd reason, doesn’t send many to school from the offense side of the ball. They’re either “underrecruited“ or not recruited at all.

Looking at Nation Ford’s’ schedule last season, he was playing against top notch competition in South Carolina and in a bigger division. Recruiting wise and playing quarterback, he would have been better served staying put.
have to agree. no way he transfers into to a smaller school against a lower degree of competition if the offers were there.

i think his family believes he will excel at shelby, because of the drop in competition. which would lead to offers. maybe they think he's been overlooked...

I thought the family was from the Shelby area and had moved for work to the Rock Hill area. And now are moving back to Shelby. Now tell me the QBs from Crest that went to D1 schools and played that position.

SHS Lion. Your right 3-4 years ago i read and heard major talk from Crest folk about a kid that be next great Qb at Crest..
He and family moved due to Job to RH.
Then talked died down. Now i hear Crest peeps say well hes ok..or hes not that good...
Well im glad hes at Shelby..and they seem like good people.
After living there couple years they didnt never really like and was able to come back home.
Last 2 years kid played the spread..
There living in city limits and why wouldnt u put him st Shelby? ( Spread)
Also i agree what Cleveland Co school has had major D-1 on offense.......
In any case the College Scouts are rolling through SHS

have to agree. no way he transfers into to a smaller school against a lower degree of competition if the offers were there.

i think his family believes he will excel at shelby, because of the drop in competition. which would lead to offers. maybe they think he's been overlooked...
Can you be anymore accomplished than Bess was, along with possessing that prototypical size for the position? He was fortunate enough just to get a few offers. Look at those two great receivers from last season in Daley and Mitchell. They were barely recruited. Look at the greatest receiver in SHS History, Jayden Borders. He was freakishly athletic, possessed 4.4 speed, and ideal slot receiver size. He received no offers from the ACC. Heck, he only got two FBS offers, period. I know there can be other factors involved, size, grades, and whatever, but SHS’s offensive players seem to always get overlooked, period.

Same at Creat and Burns. Tre Harbison was a beast and he’s at Uncc.

Can you be anymore accomplished than Bess was, along with possessing that prototypical size for the position? He was fortunate enough just to get a few offers. Look at those two great receivers from last season in Daley and Mitchell. They were barely recruited. Look at the greatest receiver in SHS History, Jayden Borders. He was freakishly athletic, possessed 4.4 speed, and ideal slot receiver size. He received no offers from the ACC. Heck, he only got two FBS offers, period. I know there can be other factors involved, size, grades, and whatever, but SHS’s offensive players seem to always get overlooked, period.

I think Shelby does well recruiting wise. Those guys all got some offers, obviously those guys should have gotten better offers. Borders should have gotten some acc offers though, but you guys have had a wr go to Marshall, qb to Southern recently among others

Looking at Nation Ford’s’ schedule last season, he was playing against top notch competition in South Carolina and in a bigger division. Recruiting wise and playing quarterback, he would have been better off staying put.
I think Shelby does well recruiting wise. Those guys all got some offers, obviously those guys should have gotten better offers. Borders should have gotten some acc offers though, but you guys have had a wr go to Marshall, qb to Southern recently among others

Two of three above mentioned blew their opportunities, and I believe the QB that went to Southern, finished at Wingate. Maybe college recruiters are a bit better at evaluating talent than we give them credit for.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Going back to 2004:
RB/S - Van Eskridge - ECU
RB - Tavorris Jolly - UNC (Transferred to Coastal Carolina)
RB - Arsenio Parks - Wofford
RB - Preston Roseboro - Wofford
RB - Larry Raper - North Carolina A&T
RB - Donye Fuller - Mars Hill
RB - Raekwon Washington - Younstown State
RB - Xavier Brooks - Union College offer
QB - Darquez Lee - Southern University (Transferred to Wingate)
QB - Isaiah Bess - Charleston Southern
QB - Darryl Montgomery - Carson-Newman
WR/QB - David Royster IV - Wofford
WR - Jayden Borders - ECU
WR - Antwan Wright - Marshall
WR - Darius Fuller - Carson-Newman
WR - Jordan Brown - Union College
WR - Jahari Mitchell - Mars Hill
WR - Diavonni Daley - Ramah Junior College
WR - Ralph Jolly - Gardner-Webb
WR/TE - Maleek McMullens - Gardner-Webb

Going back to the 1980s-1990s
RB - Cedric Surratt - South Carolina
RB - Dunsey Harper - South Carolina
RB - Tony Mauney - Clemson
QB - Therome George - NC State
RB - Robert Williams - North Carolina
QB - Chad Holbrook - North Carolina (baseball)
QB - Norris Hopper - Pro baseball (Cincinnati Reds)
TE - Scott Church - Mars Hill

I'm sure I've missed several, and totally realize that I didn't include OL...

Reactions: SHS LION
Going back to 2004:

Going back to 2004:

First 4 on 80-90s list were all seniors on 86 state champion team

The recruiters know what they are getting when they roll through Cleveland County. Heck, Crest had 21 players playing at the college level last year. We are all lucky to see the football we see on Friday nights. We don't live in this huge metropolitan area with 100's of thousands of people, but we sure can produce some athletes. It is a shame that all 4 schools have had kids that let great opportunities slip through their fingers.

Same at Creat and Burns. Tre Harbison was a beast and he’s at Uncc.

True on Tre, but don't forget he was at UVA and they wanted to turn him into a blocking FB. I think moving on to NIU was the right choice and now 4 years later he is back in "the 704" as a grad transfer trying to get a shot at the league.

Last edited:
True on Tre, but don't forget he was at UVA and they wanted to turn him into a blocking FB. I think moving on to NIU was the right choice and now 4 years later he is back in "the 704" as a grade transfer trying to get a shot at the league.
He was so good.The Patriots second pick was from Lenoir Rhyne so they will find you.

Last edited:
Reactions: smashmouth5
Is he being recruited?

I totally read this the wrong way

The recruiters know what they are getting when they roll through Cleveland County. Heck, Crest had 21 players playing at the college level last year. We are all lucky to see the football we see on Friday nights. We don't live in this huge metropolitan area with 100's of thousands of people, but we sure can produce some athletes. It is a shame that all 4 schools have had kids that let great opportunities slip through their fingers.

704 IS a metro area, the same way Gwinnet is part of Atlanta Metro. Cleveland Cty is the last stop in Clt metro. You're no different than Lincoln, Cabbarus, or Gaston, etc. I know for some weird reason you wish you were a little mountain town closer to Tennesse further up the road, all on it's own, but you're not, not sorry.

Last edited:

704 IS a metro area, the same way Gwinnet is part of Atlanta Metro. Cleveland Cty is the last stop in Clt metro. You're no different than Lincoln, Cabbarus, or Gaston, etc. I know for some weird reason you wish you were a little mountain town closer to Tennesse further up the road, all on it's own, but you're not, not sorry.
WHAT!!! we aren't alone, so there are little green men, I knew there were little red midgets, but I had no idea anything else existed.

Reactions: Chopper747
That's what I like about you LA....you are a true shelby guy but call it like ya see it. I agree with you this move seems odd to me but best of luck to this kid. I hope that he does very well but as we have discussed before its very hard to get recruited from CC at QB. That's just the way it is I guess .

I was pretty much thinking he was acting like they aren’t close to a big area. Which some in N.C. aren’t, but that area is.

Reactions: Chopper747
That's what I like about you LA....you are a true shelby guy but call it like ya see it. I agree with you this move seems odd to me but best of luck to this kid. I hope that he does very well but as we have discussed before its very hard to get recruited from CC at QB. That's just the way it is I guess .
So your saying if Sam Howell,Trevor Lawerence,or Drake Maye were from Cleveland County they would not get recruited by a power 5?

Reactions: HitmanT and UNC91
If you fit the metric they will find you. Look at Mack Brown he found two out of East Surry (2a). Look at Gurley they found him and the kid at Chase 4 years ago that when to Clemson. He didn't run and go to Crest to be seen. He had all metric the colleges were looking for.The school size doesn't matter. Sure there are more to pick from at a larger school because the pool is larger.

Reactions: SHS LION
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT