ADVERTISEMENT

If The Playoffs Were This Week

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
There will 32 teams total, 16 in each subdivision, 8 on each side of the bracket. In event of a tie, I'm using MaxPreps ranking to determine the conference champion. To determine the subdivision, I'm using last year's ADM's.

Berths:
1. Mitchell
2. Elkin
3. East Surry
4. Murphy
5. North Stanly
6. Pine Lake Prep
7. Bear Grass Charter
8. Holmes
9. Tarboro
10. Northampton
11. Princeton
12. East Carteret
13. Lousiburg
14. West Columbus

2nd place berths:
1. Robbinsville
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Mount Airy
4. North Rowan
5. Rosewood
6. North Edgecombe
7. Northside
8. Manteo

Wildcards:
1. Polk
2. WSP
3. Andrews
4. MICS
5. Pamlico
6. Avery
7. Perquimans
8. Southside
9. Warren County
10. Swain

1aa West

1. East Surry
2. PLP
3. North Stanly
4. Mount Airy
5. Polk
6. MICS
7. Avery
8. Swain

1aa East
1. Tarboro
2. Holmes
3. Princeton
4. East Carteret
5. Louisburg
6. North Rowan
7. Manteo
8. Warren

1a West
1. Mitchell
2. Murphy
3. Elkin
4. Robbinsville
5. Thomas Jefferson
6. Rosewood
7. Andrews
8. WSP

1a East
1. Northampton
2. Bear Grass Charter
3. West Columbus
4. North Edgecombe
5. Northside
6. Perquimans
7. Southside
8. Pamlico

I'm sure there are some mistakes, and the brackets will look nothing like this, but it's something to talk about...

How is pine lake prep and Thomas Jefferson decided? Both in same conference, both undefeated but they don't play each other.

I believe NWC only get one automatic berth because it's a six team league... I know Hayesville drew the NWC 2nd place team (WSP) out of the wild card pool in a pretty tough 2/15 matchup in boys hoops, but is football going to be different from basketball? If not, that would put MA or ES coming in as a wild card instead of being in the 2 pool. I also think the consolidated Charlotte-area conference would get three auto bids because it has nine teams, so their 3rd place team (MIC?) would come in after the twos but before the wild cards, I think.

I know this mock up isn't right, and there's more ball to be played, but it's a fairly close representation of the teams who will be playing. What I found amusing was the cutoff line fell between East Carteret (503) and Mitchell (489). No matter what, it seems like 500 is always gonna be that magic number.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
How is pine lake prep and Thomas Jefferson decided? Both in same conference, both undefeated but they don't play each other.
PLP plays Mountain Island this Friday but if both TJ and PLP win out, I assume PLP might get the top seed because they will have more wins in the conference. Thomas Jefferson was unable to play one of their conference games (Highland Tech due to covid) so TJ picked up a 3A team (East Rowan) on short notice. There is always a chance that the conference might consider this a tie (coin toss) but I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
PLP plays Mountain Island this Friday but if both TJ and PLP win out, I assume PLP might get the top seed because they will have more wins in the conference. Thomas Jefferson was unable to play one of their conference games (Highland Tech due to covid) so TJ picked up a 3A team (East Rowan) on short notice. There is always a chance that the conference might consider this a tie (coin toss) but I'm not 100% sure.

I had heard Highland Tech forfeited that game, nothing COVID related. Still not sure how it will play out in the end though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT