ADVERTISEMENT

If our season is moved to the spring

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
What about conflicting sports like baseball and track? Idk about other schools but a lot of football guys either run track and/or play baseball. How would that work?

Kids would have to make a decision. I thought que tucker said spring was out of the question.

I know other sports complain about football being given preeminence but for the most part football pays the bills without a season or folks in attendance could the other sports financially support themselves?

I think you could play fall, winter, and spring seasons after Jan. 1st with a shortened schedule. I think Virginia has a plan like that in place if they can't play in the fall. Not ideal, but better than no season at all.

Why play if no playoffs or champion?

That was my knee jerk reaction as well. Why play if no champion...

Perhaps if it is indeed all about playing in order to generate revenue, then playing a season is better than nothing.

But it is hard to beat playoff football and all the cool matchups that it can create. I love a good road trip too!

I'd bet all the money I ever won at the Cleveland County Fair that the first games of the season will be on Oct 2.

NCHSAA kicking the can down the road in this case. I’ll be shocked if they play a down this fall season. Only way they play is if they get all kids back in school full time in my opinion which is slim to none in the fall. Best bet would be to look at a staggered season for all sports (fall, winter and spring) to take place after January 1.

If football is moved to Spring will they allow fans? If not then either way its a wash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT