ADVERTISEMENT

If no football for 2020

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
If we see no football for this season, curious how teams could look for 2021. Example Weddington would be losing their star RB and some more top players. How will Weddington look in ‘21. Teams like Vance, Richmond Co., Myers Park in the 4A seem to be top tiers teams for this year but how would these teams look for next season. Most likely teams like Shelby, Reidsville, Charlotte Catholic, will continue their stride for a good chance of making it to the State finals. So who could we see that would rise to power and some that would drop down.

Looks like your top 4A teams are Charlotte heavy. Where's the Forsyth Co. love? Vance is ranked over us overall 4A. I think we're preseason #1 in 4A. It would be bad if we (East Forsyth) don't get to play this year. This is probably our best team of the 3 (especially O) with the last 2 winning 4A championships.

To see this much inactivity and uncertainty on these boards is making it a grim reality nothing is probably happening this fall. I would take 0-15 before seeing no football.

Right or wrong this will hurt this fall on many levels.

Our JV was undefeated coming up as well so we have some kids but we know what our O was bringing this fall.

It's such a shame all the way around.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
The Florida High School Athletic Association voted this week to keep its original start date for fall athletics, including football, despite a steady increase of COVID-19 in the state.

If Florida can do it, everybody can do it

Looks like your top 4A teams are Charlotte heavy. Where's the Forsyth Co. love? Vance is ranked over us overall 4A. I think we're preseason #1 in 4A. It would be bad if we (East Forsyth) don't get to play this year. This is probably our best team of the 3 (especially O) with the last 2 winning 4A championships.

To see this much inactivity and uncertainty on these boards is making it a grim reality nothing is probably happening this fall. I would take 0-15 before seeing no football.

Right or wrong this will hurt this fall on many levels.

Our JV was undefeated coming up as well so we have some kids but we know what our O was bringing this fall.

It's such a shame all the way around.
Yeah I was just using these few teams just for example. I know E. Forsyth is traditionally a good team. Best of luck for E. Forsyth in the upcoming future.

Reactions: Veejay4
The Florida High School Athletic Association voted this week to keep its original start date for fall athletics, including football, despite a steady increase of COVID-19 in the state.

While true, they also left a provision that individual counties can make an independent decision which some have already done, Orange county (Orlando) I believe has a indefinite delay, others pushed back to mid-August, Late August, and even into Sept. I think that could be a bigger mess than a unilateral decision.

Yeah I was just using these few teams just for example. I know E. Forsyth is traditionally a good team. Best of luck for E. Forsyth in the upcoming future.

Messing with you. Not a lot of good news as of late. Trying to keep it light. Hope it works out for us all while being safe.

I know Statesville is ranked in the top ten. They are loaded with talent. Sad part is if they don’t play this year they will lose some good players like the RB and QB. Next year I don’t see them as good. Also realignment could change some things on how teams could finish as well. I know South Iredell has the numbers to be 4A so we will have to see how things will play out.

Starting is one thing, finishing is an entirely different discussion.

Just because we can doesn’t mean we should.

I know Statesville is ranked in the top ten. They are loaded with talent. Sad part is if they don’t play this year they will lose some good players like the RB and QB. Next year I don’t see them as good. Also realignment could change some things on how teams could finish as well. I know South Iredell has the numbers to be 4A so we will have to see how things will play out.

Who's their QB being recruited by? I played football with his dad in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT