ADVERTISEMENT

I-Meck Week 2

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Vance at Hopewell: Hopewell is coming off a sluggish start as they fell to the hands of their rival in Hough. Hopewell Offense didnt get much done in that contest but the Defense looked stout as they only gave up 7. Hopewell has find their Identity if they wanna win. Vance did just what everyone has said and they came up with a big 27-7 win over the mavericks. Vance played lights out on defense and Offense did more than Maverick did in the air and ground game, VANCE hit on all cylinders.

Hopewell 8 Vance 38

West Charlotte at North Meck: North Meck did not play Mooresville in week 1 so they will look to start the season on the note under new head coach in Damon Mckee. Mckee has a lot work to do at North Meck but He believe he can right the ship. West Charlotte is coming off a 40-8 lost to Lake Norman. West Charlotte struggled all night on offense side of the ball as Lake Norman smothered the Lions offense all night. West Char. defense couldn't handle the RB or QB of Lake Norman all night.

North Meck 8 West Charlotte 17 **Note: Don't Know if this game will happen or not**

Mooresville at Hough: Mooresville did not have a game last week. Mooresville has really looked good in off season work outs and scrimmage vs West Forsyth. Mooresville has a lot of high hopes and expectations under New HC in Joe Nixon. Biggest question will be - Who is the Starting QB (3 guys are: Christian Alexander , Sebastian Brown or Jamere Cherry). Mooresville will heavily rely on their Senior Leadership especially : Ashton Edstrom, Elijah Wilson, Sirrandon Brown, Glenwood Robinson, and Caleb Tate and among others. Hough is coming off a 7-0 win over Hopewell last Friday Night. Hough looked offensively challenge as drives did not lead to points. Hough let Hopewell hang around and that Hopewell Defense caused problems for the Huskies as Hopewell did Pick off Hough QB. Defense for the Huskies Looked pretty solid as did hopewell's. Hough has find a better Rhythm on offense side this year if they wanna contest for a IMECK conference title.

Mooresville 24 Hough 21

Mallard Creek at Lake Norman: Mallard Creek is coming off a 27-7 lose to Vance. Mallard Creek did have some good drives but Vance D stiffed and Mallard Creek was unable to find the endzone. Mallard Creek looks to bounce back vs LN. Key here for Mavericks is Control the Line of scrimmage and I think Mallard Creek plays looked good vs Vance but They will have make adjustments if they wanna stay in top 2-3 of the Imeck. Lake Norman is coming off a BIG win 40-8 over West Charlotte but Competition gets tougher here vs the Mavericks. Lake Norman moved the ball well and control line vs West Char. but Here i think they will need to slow the game down and control the clock and tempo of the game. LN did beat MC JV a few year back and those kids are on this Varsity team which may give LN some confidence in this game. Defense will have do a little bit better on not having break downs as they had a few vs West Charlotte

Mallard Creek 34 LN 17

Reactions: Titanman27
Just got word: Hopewell will play Vance at Hough on Saturday for a JV/Varsity Double Header - JV 4p - Varsity 7p

When exactly is the name change for Vance to Chambers supposed to go into effect? Im just curious on this because I see many including the Charlotte Observer calling them Vance. Im not from Charlotte so I only know the name was proposed to changed a while back.

I think the name changes this summer around July. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT