ADVERTISEMENT

I’m hearing things.

That’s what I was hearing, didn’t want to say though until made public. I know it’s early but any ideas if potential replacements?

Well, a little surprised he resigned.... who ever they hire will not have near the talent Jordan has had. Got to be able to coach.

I hope the replacement does all the good things for the community like Jordan did. Things like delivering fruit to the rest home at Christmas, working with the kids from the rec, etc.

Ron Davis the time is now....if this would of happened a year or 2 ago we might have a state title or atleast a Eastern Championship

Maybe with Jordan gone guys like Marcus Boykin will comeback and play for Clinton......Marcus and Xavier could make a nice 1-2 punch with other pieces coming back and some guys coming up from JV....with Ron Davis coaching those boys would run thru a wall for him....a true players coach

Don’t know if Coach Davis will apply, haven’t heard, he has a nice thing going on at the middle school too with less drama than that of a highschool HC position. With that being said, I think he is the best candidate to fill the opening that has been left from Coach Jordan’s resignation. I’ll support our team regardless of who is chosen, but Coach Davis would be a good one imo.

Coach Davis is without a doubt the best candidate for the position. He has a great rapport with the kids and the community. His leadership for our young people on and off the basketball court would be incredibly impactful. He truly cares about the kids and would be a great representative of Clinton High School. Go Horses!

Coach Davis would be a great choice. He has the talent and the players respect him. His record with the middle school team speaks for itself. He has already coached these players so he knows their strengths and weaknesses.

Hey @rickd9794 you gonna let ya son play at Clinton now.....im just glad parents are going to allow kids to play now we lost alot of solid players during Jordan's time here and now a chance to get the right guy in there.....i hope Coach Davis applies

Hey @rickd9794 you gonna let ya son play at Clinton now.....im just glad parents are going to allow kids to play now we lost alot of solid players during Jordan's time here and now a chance to get the right guy in there.....i hope Coach Davis applies
I hope so. Just give me a coach that will make it a great experience for my kid and will have fun with them. Jordan won a lot of games but there is more to high school sports than just winning. Can't go around making everyone mad.

How do you know Coach Davis is the best candidate? I've heard several have applied for the job.

Hey, you were the guys that said it was more than wins or losses.

Last edited:
I know Clinton has had some good assistant coaches come and go the last few years. The new coach will probably help with that turnover.
If I was a successful middle school coach, and was happy in that role, no way I take the stress of a high school job. Middle school coaches work half the hours and are home at a decent hour at night. If I'm not mistaken the pay is the same if not very similar.

I don’t want to speak for him so this is pure speculation but coach Davis has had opportunities to be a HC at other times. East Bladen wanted him a while back and that is where he went to HS, but he chose to stay. Midway job became open after Creech stepped down a few years ago, he chose to stay, he I believe even applied after Coach Spell stepped down but coach Jordan was given the job. If I had to guess he feels it’s now or never possibly, but if he isn’t hired, going back to the middle school isn’t a bad gig at all for him. He loves developing young boys into young men and all he does is win no matter the talent he has. He gets everything out of his players. I’m Hoping he gets his shot, but I totally understand if again he decides to stay at middle school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT