ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Huss 33 Crest 30 OT

When it rains it pours. Crest is just to injured this season and Huss didn't help things. The conference can only be shared now if Crest gets the upset against KM but it'll take a hell of an effort. Crest has to get these boys healed up. Congrats to Huss. They played hard. This just isn't our season fellas. But it'll come.

When it rains it pours. Crest is just to injured this season and Huss didn't help things. The conference can only be shared now if Crest gets the upset against KM but it'll take a hell of an effort. Crest has to get these boys healed up. Congrats to Huss. They played hard. This just isn't our season fellas. But it'll come from another school.
??

When it rains it pours. Crest is just to injured this season and Huss didn't help things. The conference can only be shared now if Crest gets the upset against KM but it'll take a hell of an effort. Crest has to get these boys healed up. Congrats to Huss. They played hard. This just isn't our season fellas. But it'll come.
For what it's worth I know the feels....I know the feels

I have to say how proud I was of the Chargers tonight. Trailed by 10 in the second half but fought back to take the lead before losing in overtime. Both teams left it all on the field.

I have to say how proud I was of the Chargers tonight. Trailed by 10 in the second half but fought back to take the lead before losing in overtime. Both teams left it all on the field.

I agree 100% I like this team, they have more fight and that ability to dig in deep when the odds are against them. Yes Crest had the opportunity to win the game, but the ball just didn't bounce Crests way, injuries aren't helping things either (praying for the injured chargers and the families) The boys just need to keep their heads up and be proud. Our losses have only been by 8, 7, and 3 points, and two of those teams are defending state champs...kinda reminds me of that 2010 season.

Reactions: Crestuff
Huss won a hard fought game and congratulations to them....I just have 2 questions I hope someone can clarify. First, why was the game not over when Crest blocked the field goal at the end of regulation? Second, if the ball was live after the field goal and Huss recovered and advanced it and was tackled....they had no timeouts, why did time not expire? Like I said taking nothing away from Huss. I just don't understand what happened.

Huss won a hard fought game and congratulations to them....I just have 2 questions I hope someone can clarify. First, why was the game not over when Crest blocked the field goal at the end of regulation? Second, if the ball was live after the field goal and Huss recovered and advanced it and was tackled....they had no timeouts, why did time not expire? Like I said taking nothing away from Huss. I just don't understand what happened.
The officials were horrible at the end of the game. I was watching online.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Y’all are still young, like Burns. It will turn around.

I want a answer about the field goal too...

I do remember a few years back, Auburn university caught a short field goal and scored a TD...so is it the same for high school?

I can only assume the refs ruled the blocked FG didn’t go past line of scrimmage when it recovered by Huss. Then, Crest called time out with 2.2 seconds left. Before that time out, Huss was lining up in regular offense formation in order to get the snap off once the clock was started (as they had no time outs left and would not have time to spike to stop or to run FG unit out).

Reactions: shutdownD24
I can only assume the refs ruled the blocked FG didn’t go past line of scrimmage when it recovered by Huss. Then, Crest called time out with 2.2 seconds left. Before that time out, Huss was lining up in regular offense formation in order to get the snap off once the clock was started (as they had no time outs left and would not have time to spike to stop or to run FG unit out).

In other words, the Chargers gave Huss the timeout they didn't have and the opportunity for the FG. :oops:

In other words, the Chargers gave Huss the timeout they didn't have and the opportunity for the FG. :oops:

Huss seemed to be set up enough to spike the ball in 2.2, although with the home clock you’d think it would have run out.
I’m not sure Crest would have been ready for a regular play to the end zone, either. Not totally sure the reason for the TO. Close call.

The game was lost when with not much time to go, Crest recovers a fumble on the Huss 15 or so. Up by 3, Crest runs a running play for not much gain, then decides to throw it and promptly throws a pick. Just try to run the clock out and kick a field goal if you have to. Even an incomplete pass in that situation is bad. At least that way you make Huss have to score and you have taken all kinds of time off the clock. Why even risk throwing a pick? Boneheaded call by the coach if you ask me.

Classy post 91 and that is rare on this board. A loss to Huss in nothing to be ashamed of especially in OT. Maybe Huss is finally gelling as a team with so much preseason hype. I hope you guys can get some kids healed up. Kids are getting bigger, faster and stronger every year which translates in to harder hits and more physical punishment so injuries are a real factor more so now than in the past it seems.

The game was lost when with not much time to go, Crest recovers a fumble on the Huss 15 or so. Up by 3, Crest runs a running play for not much gain, then decides to throw it and promptly throws a pick. Just try to run the clock out and kick a field goal if you have to. Even an incomplete pass in that situation is bad. At least that way you make Huss have to score and you have taken all kinds of time off the clock. Why even risk throwing a pick? Boneheaded call by the coach if you ask me.
I agree,,,,that is strange play calling. Merry Christmas Hunter Huss as yall got a gift.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT