ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Huss 33 Crest 30 OT

crest91

Jun 11, 2010
Hunter Huss should be competing for number one ranking in 3A IMO this year...How in the world do you return 15 starters from a team that was Shelby's toughest competition last year and yet you lose to Hickory, Clover, go into overtime with NOGA and get blown out by KM...Just imagine the possibilities if Huss had Coach Beam, or Barnes, or Ware.

Hunter Huss is going to give their best shot. Luckily, their defense is subpar at best. If Crest defense can get them out on three and outs and the Offense put together some sustained drives Crest should be on a collision course against KM for conference...who would have ever thought of Crest and KM having a true rivalry?

Reactions: Crestuff
Heard on the Crest-Ashbrook broadcast that Huss had two players ejected this week that won't be playing against Crest. What happened to cause the ejections and were they key players?

#21 Targeting on a Blindside hit (new emphasis) and #22 late hit on QB, leading with the Helmet to the Head (Broke QBs Jaw). Not sure if they were Ejections or Disqualifications.....Both Starting LBers. That's all I have to say about that.

#21 Targeting on a Blindside hit (new emphasis) and #22 late hit on QB, leading with the Helmet to the Head (Broke QBs Jaw). Not sure if they were Ejections or Disqualifications.....Both Starting LBers. That's all I have to say about that.
That sux hate it lead to KM losing there QB in that way

Reactions: KM2ASU
Kings Mountain QB is out??? man you've got to be kidding. Huss playing dirty man. "If you can't beat them with X's and O's take out their starters"

Truly hate to hear that about KM. I hope the back up QB turns on the jets and plays lights out because KM was as good as advertised this year.

Kings Mountain QB is out??? man you've got to be kidding. Huss playing dirty man. "If you can't beat them with X's and O's take out their starters"

Truly hate to hear that about KM. I hope the back up QB turns on the jets and plays lights out because KM was as good as advertised this year.

Huss is a physical aggressive team on defense and not a dirty team whatsoever. My take is some of KM's fans will see the hits one way and Huss fans will see it another way. I do know that both of these kids are tremendous hitters. A Huss coach told me that after looking at film that it appeared both of their guys led with their shoulders and not the helmet. I was also told that both guys will be available to play next week. Great job by Kaylon to come in on one good wheel and lead his team.

Reactions: 22wham
Huss is a physical aggressive team on defense and not a dirty team whatsoever. My take is some of KM's fans will see the hits one way and Huss fans will see it another way. I do know that both of these kids are tremendous hitters. A Huss coach told me that after looking at film that it appeared both of their guys led with their shoulders and not the helmet. I was also told that both guys will be available to play next week. Great job by Kaylon to come in on one good wheel and lead his team.
I do not know that the hits were intentional or not only the players know what there intention where but KM backup quarterback is 6 foot 3 kind of hard to just hit him in the head with just a shoulder. I really hate it for him great kid was also playing some wide receiver and doing a good job.

Last edited:
I didn't see either play, but height can be irrelevant if the player leans or ducks at the last moment. I was at a college game yesterday and a receiver was standing as he caught the ball and dropped and curled inward to avoid the big hit. The db had already committed to a rib level shot. And since the receiver was dropping into the fetal position, the db caught him in the head and shoulder area. Targeting and ejection for the db.

If the Huss player launched into a standing 6'3" qb and broke his jaw with the crown of his helmet, that's tough to defend.

Reactions: KM2ASU
I do not that's the hits were intentional or not only the players know what there intention where but KM backup quarterback is 6 foot 3 kind of hard to just hit him in the head with just a shoulder. I really hate it for him great kid was also playing some wide receiver and doing a good job.
Definitely an unfortunate injury. The kid who hit him is 6'1 or 6'2 and a great kid himself. I was told the Huss guy LED with the shoulder not the shoulder hit the head. The Huss kids and staff get a bad rap sometimes because they are Huss but there are some really good kids on that team same as KM. I am really hoping KM can go small 3A in the playoffs because they are definitely looking like a contender if they do.

Hunter Huss should be competing for number one ranking in 3A IMO this year...How in the world do you return 15 starters from a team that was Shelby's toughest competition last year and yet you lose to Hickory, Clover, go into overtime with NOGA and get blown out by KM...Just imagine the possibilities if Huss had Coach Beam, or Barnes, or Ware.

Hunter Huss is going to give their best shot. Luckily, their defense is subpar at best. If Crest defense can get them out on three and outs and the Offense put together some sustained drives Crest should be on a collision course against KM for conference...who would have ever thought of Crest and KM having a true rivalry?
Not trying to downplay you guys but Crest better focus on Huss first. Their D isn't the problem, its the offense that puts their D in bad situations.They will be without safety/receiver Tony Davis who has just been offered by Duke but still have a couple of other FBS prospects on that side of the ball. Crest will need to make Huss defense honor the pass or it will be a dogfight. Until Huss settle on a qb in my opinion, their offense will be Jeckyll and Hyde. They have that age old high school qb issue, one kid is a better passer/college prospect while the other is a great athlete with limited passing ability who makes big plays with his feet. I am impressed with the Crest D however and the Crest offense seems to be improving each week.

Huss big in this one! :) I really enjoy the fake worry from the Cleveland County clowns. Note to you knuckleheads, Gaston County football sux except for you know who!

Crest 21-20 in a nail biter the Chargers are a better road team than home team!

I do not know that the hits were intentional or not only the players know what there intention where but KM backup quarterback is 6 foot 3 kind of hard to just hit him in the head with just a shoulder. I really hate it for him great kid was also playing some wide receiver and doing a good job.

I just looked at the film of the play where Huss LB hit the KM QB. Huss LB made a physical clean hit using his shoulder. KM QB ducked his head into the Huss LB helmet. There was helmet to helmet but it was accidental. KM QB is a tough kid. He continued to play for 6 more snaps after the hit. Hate it for him but its part of football.

I believe you are mistaken....PLAY #83 on Hudl film.....roll out pass, KM QB throws the ball, Huss kid at least 4 yards away, puts the crown of the helmet right under his chin.....Game had to be stopped....No he did not play another 6 plays.

If I wanted to continue with it, and I was tech savvy enough, I'd put the still frames or video up....It is what it is.

Some people read about it, some people have been told by their friends....well I was no more than 50 ft away from it, and have watched it over and over....I'm not saying there was intent. I'm just saying what happened.

Huss is not a dirty football team. The hits were not intentional meant to hurt anyone. Hate the way it played out but that's football

I believe you are mistaken....PLAY #83 on Hudl film.....roll out pass, KM QB throws the ball, Huss kid at least 4 yards away, puts the crown of the helmet right under his chin.....Game had to be stopped....No he did not play another 6 plays.

If I wanted to continue with it, and I was tech savvy enough, I'd put the still frames or video up....It is what it is.

Some people read about it, some people have been told by their friends....well I was no more than 50 ft away from it, and have watched it over and over....I'm not saying there was intent. I'm just saying what happened.

Saw both frames... AT LEAST four yards away

My apologies, I found the play and you are correct, that was a text book case of targeting.

I'm sure Crest and Huss will be a good game. Many times it has been. I know football is football and things happen. Only reason I brought it up was of the statement in the paper. I know coaches have coach speak, but ......

Huss had this game circled on their calendar for a long time. Been talked about in the barbershop since they played Shelby last year. It had to be frustrating to get beat in all phases of the game. Emotions running high, that's all.

Let's just drop it and move on....may the better team win Friday night.

No doubt about it, KM was the better team against Huss and probably will be against Ashbrook.

I didn't see either play, but height can be irrelevant if the player leans or ducks at the last moment. I was at a college game yesterday and a receiver was standing as he caught the ball and dropped and curled inward to avoid the big hit. The db had already committed to a rib level shot. And since the receiver was dropping into the fetal position, the db caught him in the head and shoulder area. Targeting and ejection for the db.

If the Huss player launched into a standing 6'3" qb and broke his jaw with the crown of his helmet, that's tough to defend.
The QB was rolling out to pass totally defenseless Broken Jaw and a pretty serious concussion. I don't know how you can defend that intentional or not. There is to much emphasis on head injuries we need to definitely protect these kids.

Reactions: Zelhunt
Ive been told that at least 5 starters and maybe up to 7 might miss the Huss game. Hard for any team to overcome those kind of injuries. Hope to have them all back by playoffs

Reactions: Crestuff
Crest JV won 34-26. Fun game to watch. #21 for Crest rushed for a bunch of yards and few TD's. Kid is really good.

Chargers lose 2 more starters to injury in first quarter. Another RB and O Lineman. Plus center was limping. When it rains it pours.

Chargers just lost another O Lineman. Prayers for the young man. Stretcher on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT