ADVERTISEMENT

How Does Your SMC Team Look Through June Workouts?

The score for Andrews against swain could have been a lot worse. Andrews could have dropped over 100 easy and had the starters stayed in, swain wouldn’t have had anywhere close to the amount of points they had

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Word on the street is that Andrews has a kid dunk 3 times against HD....
This is true. I witnessed it. He has a lot of jump. He also did it against Rosman and missed one last night going through the lane in traffic. He is a special athlete

The score for Andrews against swain could have been a lot worse. Andrews could have dropped over 100 easy and had the starters stayed in, swain wouldn’t have had anywhere close to the amount of points they had
Was leading by 35 points and took the starters out. We have a Lot of depth with a ton of speed and quickness. Our bench has played as many minutes as our starters and that’s a fact. 10 Juniors & 2 Seniors. We had a good season last year but had no depth but this team is playing great. A lot of season to go and our guys have to focus on one game at a time.

Looking to be like Hayesville will be the only team to give them a game this year
Yes and Cherokee will be right there. Murphy and Robbinsville will also be tough later as they get their basketball legs under them. Rosman is very down this year but all the other teams are capable of winning on any given night

Being an Andrews alum. I would love to see this team go undefeated in conference. Very excited for them. Robbinsville will be decent I think and Cherokee looks to be down from past years. Cherokee is always tough but after their loss to Swain the other night I don’t know if they will be competing for the smc title this year. They will get better as the season goes on. It’s still real early in the season

Being an Andrews alum. I would love to see this team go undefeated in conference. Very excited for them. Robbinsville will be decent I think and Cherokee looks to be down from past years. Cherokee is always tough but after their loss to Swain the other night I don’t know if they will be competing for the smc title this year. They will get better as the season goes on. It’s still real early in the season
Yes it is to early and I’m just a little to pumped up after watching these guys play. Lol. I only missed the Swain game but watched it on the Internet because I was out of town. I need to calm down and not sound like some of those football posters. I’m just hoping we get home court advantage come playoff time so our kids need to know how important every single game is. I will refrain from anymore comments before I sound like BK LOL

Cherokee will be dangerous. They beat a Franklin team that has a lot of size and two really great scorers (Green and McClure). Braves are young, and inconsistency comes with that.

And it was at Cherokee !!

That’s fair, it’s a tough place to play. Part of why I think they’ll be dangerous this year.

Andrews’ pressure really stands out this year. They can go pretty deep into the bench with fast kids who swarm and play hard. I just don’t know how much home court they’ll get even if they win conference because of the max preps rankings and their non conference being mostly little smoky teams.

Not anywhere in the state but in the first round or two maybe.

As long as they finish top two they should get at least one home game. Pretty much all second place teams will get just one unless there’s an upset, though. What I was talking more about is with the conference champs in the top 8 seeds in the bracket, strength of schedule possibly being the difference between getting 2, 3, or 4 home games. The travel and cost would make it near impossible for Andrews to schedule the types of teams Winston Salem Prep and Lincoln Charter can, so it stinks but is the reality.

That’s fair, it’s a tough place to play. Part of why I think they’ll be dangerous this year.

Andrews’ pressure really stands out this year. They can go pretty deep into the bench with fast kids who swarm and play hard. I just don’t know how much home court they’ll get even if they win conference because of the max preps rankings and their non conference being mostly little smoky teams.
This is true and it is a concern. Our Athletic budget is just not there to travel like Cherokee can to play higher ranked schools. One nice thing to see is our home games are packed with fans even on Tuesday games.

With the team they will have coming back Andrews needs to find a way to get some tougher non conference opponents on the schedule next year and be a part of a good holiday tournament. Obviously travel and $$$ is a factor but there's enough larger schools of solid quality within a reasonable drive in the Tri State to challenge them and beef up their resume and ranking for playoff seeding.

You could probably say the same for Hayesville to a degree, their schedule is a bit beefier than Andrews, but they too could use a bit more quality on the schedule next season if they want a shot at multiple home playoff games and to be well prepped for the level of competition they'll see in the latter rounds.

Lincoln Charter 92, Cherokee 81 (boys). Cherokee won the girls game 68-61. Both games closer than I expected.
Wow. Cherokee will be right there as usual fighting for the SMC Championship in Boys and Girls. Lincoln Charter Girls must have improved in the last few years

Lincoln Charter 92, Cherokee 81 (boys). Cherokee won the girls game 68-61. Both games closer than I expected.
Lincoln Charter boys played everyone, mostly 2nd/3rd string guys the entire first half. Cherokee battled though and made it a game. But LCS played their starters most of 4th and built a 23 plus advantage before winning by 13. Much improved team.
Question if anyone knows. Why doesn't Cherokee play the big kid? He looks like a monster with a good frame. Curious as to know the situation. Looks like he is good for some rebounds and blocks if nothing else. Great school and community Cherokee has up there. Great hospitality and knowledgeable fans. Best of luck to both teams this year.

Do not sleep on Hayesville, they brought back all but one contributor. As well there big man and freshman point guard have grown leaps and bounds from last year. He had two dunks with a third that he just missed in a game. Yet while everyone loves them I would not judge a teams ability on one kid dunking haha. What I would watch out for though is the fact that Hayesvilles big kid hit five 3's in a game last week. Good luck guarding him when he is drop step dunking on kids and hitting step out 3's.

Reactions: PantherPit07
Do not sleep on Hayesville, they brought back all but one contributor. As well there big man and freshman point guard have grown leaps and bounds from last year. He had two dunks with a third that he just missed in a game. Yet while everyone loves them I would not judge a teams ability on one kid dunking haha. What I would watch out for though is the fact that Hayesvilles big kid hit five 3's in a game last week. Good luck guarding him when he is drop step dunking on kids and hitting step out 3's.
Hayesville will definitely be tough. No body should overlook Murphy either. Again I think it’s up for grabs between Andrews, Cherokee and Hayesville and Murphy being capable of knocking any of these 3 off on any given night.

The kid that is dunking from Andrews can do the exact same thing. And good luck dunking over a 6’5 center. Plus there are multiple ways that Andrews can hurt you this year. They can shoot with anyone. From what I’ve heard the one that is dunking the ball is not the only one capable of dunking the ball so there are other options there. They can also run the floor with anyone. It will be between them and Hayesville but I just think Andrews takes it this year and next year.

Andrews is probably deeper, both Andrews and Hayesville have great point guards and solid three point shooters, McTaggart was almost unstoppable against a host of kids his own size Franklin tried to guard him with—he has the size, athleticism and touch to face up and score over just about anybody. Both teams play extremely hard and guard well. Looking forward to Wildcats and Yellow Jackets’ matchups. Even if there isn’t a single dunk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13bc9fc
The kid that is dunking from Andrews can do the exact same thing. And good luck dunking over a 6’5 center. Plus there are multiple ways that Andrews can hurt you this year. They can shoot with anyone. From what I’ve heard the one that is dunking the ball is not the only one capable of dunking the ball so there are other options there. They can also run the floor with anyone. It will be between them and Hayesville but I just think Andrews takes it this year and next year.

LOL I agree it will be between those 2 but if your are wishing us good luck dunking over a 6'5 Center then u might need even better luck dunking over our 6"7 center, can't wait for the games

5. Robbinsville - I really don't know how to predict this team they could be top 3 or could be bottom 2, and i really dont know a lot about them but they do return 12 of their 15 man roster last season, had a couple of good JV players and got Xavier Rattler from Andrews and another transfer from Union Co, Ga, so who knows as of now
Union County transfer?

LOL I agree it will be between those 2 but if your are wishing us good luck dunking over a 6'5 Center then u might need even better luck dunking over our 6"7 center, can't wait for the games
Never said they would dunk over him. Simply said that he won’t dunk over a 6’5 center. And Andrews won’t dunk over your 6’7 center. But there are multiple dunkers on the Andrews team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT