ADVERTISEMENT

How Deana finally shut down this silly thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do tha kids down in mics like contact gunz or rich?? I know tha sayin, can't hit what you can't catch but for real!! Are any of them teams really physical?? Was some big hits Friday at Ray k!!! On both sides!!

I wouldn't worry about it mbdfan, year in and year out you always have a good football team!! And it's been that way for a long time!! You ain't got nothin to prove to them city boys!!!

Reactions: BravesGWY
I got a defensive rebound once, and promptly shot it into the wrong basket. It happens, and the kids should not be ridiculed by an adult for it. Much less some clown styling himself as Rich Black Man or pop goes da weasel or any other stupid ebonics euphemism he can come up with.

Mountie, I admire you for telling that story. I coached high school girls' basketball for 7 years and we worked with the 'Bigs' all the time to never bring the ball down when they got a rebound and to put the ball straight back up. Had a girl who happened to be ranked #1 in her class grab a nice defensive rebound and she went straight back up and made a pretty little bank shot. I saw the look on her face and didn't say a word to her. It was at the end of a quarter and I just totally ignored it during the break. Her teammates were great, they were supportive but still laughing at her about it. Anybody who competes a lot will eventually make a mistake like that, you just have to play on. (We lost that game in overtime, lol) A great short read for anyone who has screwed up:
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7-it-is-not-the-critic-who-counts-not-the-man

I will say I have enjoyed reading this thread - this is what a message board should be with some barking and some humor, fun to read. The good thing is the playoffs will decide everything talked about on here.

MICS will go down in flames mich like the Bills in the 1990’s.

What a low life. Wishing a school fails. These are kids future we're talking about not millionaires. Just because your education ended in junior high or you got cut from the 7th grade badminton team don't make this right. You sound like a non-athletic nerd that wished he could have made the team. Now you all grown up rooting against progress. I get it now Lake man.

What a low life. Wishing a school fails. These are kids future we're talking about not millionaires. Just because your education ended in junior high or you got cut from the 7th grade badminton team don't make this right. You sound like a non-athletic nerd that wished he could have made the team. Now you all grown up rooting against progress. I get it now Lake man.

Just like Mickey Mouse Island Charter will "get" their 3rd place conference participation trophy? LOLOL

Just like Mickey Mouse Island Charter will "get" their 3rd place conference participation trophy? LOLOL

LOLLOL All jokes on you Lake man. Whatever place they finish it will be better than anything you've accomplished in your pathetic life.

Sit back and watch the Disney World signing day firework show in the spring.

Last edited:
LOLLOL All jokes on you Lake man. Whatever place they finish it will better than anything you've accomplished in your pathetic life.

Sit back and watch the Disney World signing day firework show in the spring.

When TJ defeats Mickey Mouse Island Charter, don’t cry.

When TJ defeats Mickey Mouse Island Charter, don’t cry.

Ok Gaylord

9th-place-ribbon.jpg

Thank your judges. I heard it was a total of 8 horse shoe throwers and you still came in 10th place. What a loser

Funny you are using horse shoes since Mickey Mouse Island Charter has lucked themselves into 3rd place for the conference title.

Come back school boy when you have an intelligent retort.

I don't know if Murphy is over rated or not because I have not seen them play but man i will tell you Tarboro is straight up powerful this year. While the conference they are in is not very challenging that defense and offense can most certainly compete on a 3A level.

Funny you are using horse shoes since Mickey Mouse Island Charter has lucked themselves into 3rd place for the conference title.

Come back school boy when you have an intelligent retort.

You keep talking about conference placement like that's the ultimate goal for this program. This program is bigger than some 1a conference title that won't mean anything in the big picture for these kids. You know where our RB is going after the game Friday win or lose? To South Bend to watch Notre Dame play. You on the other hand will be at home holding yourself and trolling MICS.

Yeah but none of those kids originated from MICS. Congrats to them but they are just using MICS as a platform to better themselves. All those collegiate players and couldn’t make it out of the 3rd round.
You keep talking about conference placement like that's the ultimate goal for this program. This program is bigger than some 1a conference title that won't mean anything in the big picture for these kids. You know where our RB is going after the game Friday win or lose? To South Bend to watch Notre Dame play. You on the other hand will be at home holding yourself and trolling MICS.

All those collegiate players and lose to Bessemer City. That says more about “your program” than how many players you send to college. Good for those kids. It’s obvious they are only using MIC as a platform to promote themselves. Good on them.

Reactions: The Lake Man
Yeah but none of those kids originated from MICS. Congrats to them but they are just using MICS as a platform to better themselves. All those collegiate players and couldn’t make it out of the 3rd round.

All those collegiate players and lose to Bessemer City. That says more about “your program” than how many players you send to college. Good for those kids. It’s obvious they are only using MIC as a platform to promote themselves. Good on them.

Now you're getting the point. The program is set up for the kids to benefit. They know it that's why the program is attractive. You have programs that win titles but the players don't benefit in the long run. This is not to say MICS have so much better talent. It's just the program does a great job promoting the talent.

As far as the lost to BC goes, the team won but did the players win? What happen to BC conference player of the year in the off season? I'm not posting but do your homework. MICS player of the year is off getting a free education.

You are probably right. But I can tell you that Murphy is probably the last team Tarboro wants to see in the title game this season. It would be a great game much like the Murphy/WRH game in 2010. Could go either way but yes it would be a mild upset if Murphy won.

That could go either way. Tarboro is the last team Murphy wants to see this year and i dont think it would be an upset for either team if they have reached the championship they have earned the right to be there.

I’ll never bad mouth the kids or coaches. I’m sincere in saying that. They’re kids. And the coaches have a job. They don’t control what classification they play in. I don’t have an issue with MICS. I have an issue with the rules that allow them to compete in 1a. That’s all.

That's fair. I have a problem with the rules too. I think Charters should be in a different playoff. Keep them in the same conferences but split them come playoff time. Split them into two groups. Class 1: 1A/2A together and Class 2: 3A/4A together

Some posters don't get it like you do. It's not the school, players or coaches to blame. It's the system.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
FRANKLIN 28 -21 over MURPHY..14-3 Last 17 games..42 -21 over swain...like 10-1 Last 11 ...Cherokee and robbinsville want even consider a game and hayesville drives to mt heritage..lol maybe franklin should fudge adm #s like murphy and be a perennial conf champ..oh wait we've won 5 in last 7 years in 2a

Nobody is afraid to play Franklin. You play a trash SMC schedule with a few home school teams every year and brag about it. You played the 3rd best team in the MAC the last two seasons and got beat(waxed on your own field). It's the same thing every year. Beat up on weak 1A teams and get beat down in the playoffs. Franklin aint jack!

That's fair. I have a problem with the rules too. I think Charters should be in a different playoff. Keep them in the same conferences but split them come playoff time. Split them into two groups. Class 1: 1A/2A together and Class 2: 3A/4A together.

There are no charters in 3A and 4A. Very few if any in 4A.

How many charters play football? A dozen, two dozen?

Murphy lost than senior leadership from last year. They just don't have it. The hype is to much for this group.

Not that Murphy needs any motivation but all you city slickers are just adding fuel to the fire. You know the old timers around Murphy are telling the players what trash is being said. Lord I can hear it at the Barber shop now !! Lol just keep talking and deal with it when they bring it.

Reactions: NC nole fan
Murphy lost than senior leadership from last year. They just don't have it. The hype is to much for this group.
I could say the same thing about MICS. The way you talked before the season I figured they would just ditch their easy schedule and get ESPN to put them on national TV on Friday nights against the best teams in the country lol. MICS has lost to the only two teams with a pulse on their weak schedule, with TJA upcoming, and you have the nerve to talk about Murphy??? That's "Rich"!

I could say the same thing about MICS. The way you talked before the season I figured they would just ditch their easy schedule and get ESPN to put them on national TV on Friday nights against the best teams in the country lol. MICS has lost to the only two teams with a pulse on their weak schedule, with TJA upcoming, and you have the nerve to talk about Murphy??? That's "Rich"!

Did a Murphy fan just call out someone else's schedule? Homeschool much?

That's just what I'd expect to hear from a fan of a team that has never won a football championship of any kind! Lol Just kidding around gunz. That's pretty awesome that your RB is going to see ND. Is it Burris? Also how is Graham doing? Is he sharing time with Holcomb? It's almost playoff time!

That's just what I'd expect to hear from a fan of a team that has never won a football championship of any kind! Lol Just kidding around gunz. That's pretty awesome that your RB is going to see ND. Is it Burris? Also how is Graham doing? Is he sharing time with Holcomb? It's almost playoff time!

Graham just received his first D1 offer.

Murphy plays in the SMC. That speaks for itself. Plus they played Pisgah, Franklin, and 4a Gilmer County, GA. For a 1a school, that's plenty good enough.

So basically you played one decent team all season and lost that one. Murphy fans talk a big game but don't play big game teams!

Reactions: sbbbfan
I would like for someone to come up with a good schedule for 1a teams. Seems that so many people want to degrade the schedules of so many teams at the 1a level. Why doesn't this team play more quality teams, why doesn't that team want to play anyone. So many times the people complaining are fans of teams who play in higher classifications or never say who they pull for.

They just want to complain about others schedules. So how bout give us a schedule the top 1a teams or any 1a team would expect to play. So many times those who complain never seem to play up a classification or 2 or 3. They seem to play only schools their size or smaller. Why is it that only 1a schools should play up against the top teams in higher classifications?

It all comes down to a balanced schedule. I have heard these same complaints over and over but no one seems to ever give an example. How many 2a teams only play out of conference competition in 3a, 3a in 4a, 4a in div. 1 college?

Seems to me that the teams people complain about the most still competes at a very high level in the playoffs year in and year out.

If 1a teams only play that tough higher level competition would that team not be playing down and not challenging themselves against better competition.

Apologies for the rant but this argument gets old.

GO MOUNTAINEERS

So basically you played one decent team all season and lost that one. Murphy fans talk a big game but don't play big game teams!
Murphy played two good area 2a teams and one 4a Georgia team and went 2-1 against them, and should have gone 3-0. You can say those teams are weak all you want. That's your opinion. That a nickel might buy you a cup of cold coffee. I still say you and slash from a few years ago are the same poster. His dumb@zz comments sounded then just like yours do now.

For an SMC team to play a respectable schedule they need to do the following :

Week 1. At Bama
Week 2: host Clemson
Week 3: at Ohio State
Week 4: host TCU
Week 5: host Tennessee (everyone is allowed one cupcake for homecoming)

Comparing 1A football to the larger divisions is ridiculous. Look at the depth of the players! There's a reason for different divisions.
The majority of SMC teams have, at a minimum, half of their players that never come off the football field! Some have as many as 9 players that never come off the field.
Go to one of these bigger schools, gather up 15 players that are going to be your starters on O,D,K,P,R, etc. and see how they hold up to the 1A, especially the SMC. My money would be on the tough, hard hitting, SMC team any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT