ADVERTISEMENT

How Deana finally shut down this silly thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
Word on the street is Murphy will be Big 1AA. Due to 48 teams instead of 64. Lets see how the ADM'S play out.

Last edited:
Word on the street is Murphy will be Big 1AA. Unless Ol dude and his board buddies, can tweak it. But do know ADM are watched thru the state education department. We're watching Murphy, be carefu.

First of all, I am not from Murphy and I do want to address this post. This post is an insulting load of crap. No one in Murphy (or the rest of the SMC) "tweaks" their ADMs. These numbers are used for more than determining playoff brackets. Your post suggesting cheating is very sad. Let me translate your post:

" we are praying Murphy goes 1AA because we are afraid we may meet them in the playoffs. We don't want to play them, we don't want a challenge."

Last edited:
Reactions: BravesGWY
The ADM determines funds received from the government. They are not lowering the ADMs to get into the smaller subclass. The numbers come from the DPI not the NCHSAA.

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
Murphy probably will win both brackets imo...
So it doesn't matter where they end up.
JK is gone Wallace is gone, who's left to stop them? Even though, I would've loved to see Wallace pop their cherry...

Reactions: Old-A-Dog
It's High School. They're teenagers. They can be beat. Just ask Franklin, who will get killed like last year in the 2a playoffs, yet they obliterated Murphy last year. They can be beat, just like any other contender in any classification.

Tarboro is every bit as good as wallace has been the last several years. Lakewood hasn't allowed a point this year. Edenton has been pretty dominant thus far.

Reactions: cougars45
If you count the students that they get from the other schools I wouldn't be shocked if they are a 2A. This has been going on for years and years and never gets addressed.
Typical Murphy, you get beat fair and square and hope for the worst for Franklin.

I havent read where anyone from Murphy has wished Franklin bad luck or anything remotely close to that. That would be a fabricated statement on your behalf.

Reactions: mbdfan
He was probably speaking of my comment. I was just putting things in to perspective to the person that said Murphy would pretty much have a cake walk through any and all 1a/aa teams. They won the state last year, but got killed by 35 by a team that lost 6 games and got skunked in the playoffs. Mind you, they did get smacked by Shelby, but 2a is 2a.

What a joke. I think this guy is just trying to get under somebody's skin. I don't agree with early collage at Murphy nor do I like the charter school playing in 1A. However there are no rules or regulations so do it until they stop you.

Rich has become rather bored and the board is kinda quiet, sooooooo.............

Sure didn't sound like a ?. But oh well good luck against Murphy you'll need it. If you can't win against Stuart Cramer, I don't see you knocking the bulldogs off. Not this year.

Hey we love our 2 redlights.lol. Just curious do you have a kid that plays, coach, or just a fan.

Also your Coach must be busy. According to you he's always on the phone trying to schedule games. Maybe he needs to worry more about Murphy instead of that phone call nobody ever receives.

JK is gone Wallace is gone, who's left to stop them? Even though, I would've loved to see Wallace pop their cherry...

Yeah we heard that before 2010 I think, if I remember right. WRH was going to beat us by 55 points in the state championship game. We all know how that turned out, one of the best 1A state title games to watch

I'll give you credit Rich. You definitely know details about all the teams you mention on here. But if you ever need to know anything specific about the SMC, just post the question on here and the guys from Robbinsville will type that question into their Super computer over there. Then it will give them an algorithm and then they will be able to give you any fact or stat about past 40 years.

Yeah we heard that before 2010 I think, if I remember right. WRH was going to beat us by 55 points in the state championship game. We all know how that turned out, one of the best 1A state title games to watch

WRH had a team full of Sophomores and freshman...good job..

I'll give you credit Rich. You definitely know details about all the teams you mention on here. But if you ever need to know anything specific about the SMC, just post the question on here and the guys from Robbinsville will type that question into their Super computer over there. Then it will give them an algorithm and then they will be able to give you any fact or stat about past 40 years.
Ohh man that ol special ROBBINSVILLE bunch. Aint nothing like seeing them dudes thinking their cool. Standing in the Huddle House parking lot with their thumbs. In they belt loops, LMAO. The Huddle Bunch knight's in there black bomber coats.:D:D

I didn't think the OP was saying Murphy was going to play with the ADM numbers. I took it that the OP was saying with the fewer teams this year Murphy might go to 1AA.
Or did I not read that correct?

Tarboro...

Sway couldn't name one player on the 2010 WRH roster, much less what grade they were in.

Yeah sure. Just like they did in 2010? Heard the same talk then. They beat Murphy by a whopping one point on the title game. Wallace might beat Murphy this year but it would be close just like last time.

Lot of ball to be played. No one is crowning Murphy yet. The top 10 in 1a is full of contenders and everyone knows that.

They won the state last year, but got killed by 35 by a team that lost 6 games and got skunked in the playoffs. Mind you, they did get smacked by Shelby, but 2a is 2a.

I wouldn't read too much into last year's result, that was the worst game a good Murphy team has ever played. I'm not saying they would've won had they played again, but they certainly wouldn't have lost like that.

As for this year's Murphy - Franklin result, that was a very good Franklin team Murphy lost to, reminiscent of their 2014 team that made it to the 2AA western finals. I doubt Franklin loses a game before the 3rd round of the 2AA playoffs, at the earliest.

Im sure Murphy is good as is Franklin. Everyone played bad when they get smashed, sometimes credit should go to the other team for causing said team to play bad.

I wouldn't read too much into last year's result, that was the worst game a good Murphy team has ever played. I'm not saying they would've won had they played again, but they certainly wouldn't have lost like that.

As for this year's Murphy - Franklin result, that was a very good Franklin team Murphy lost to, reminiscent of their 2014 team that made it to the 2AA western finals. I doubt Franklin loses a game before the 3rd round of the 2AA playoffs, at the earliest.
Yep, and Murphy was right there with them. Lost by one TD. If you looked at the stat sheet and did not know the final score, you would swear that Murphy won the game. Murphy beat Franklin in every statistical category. Basically beat them everywhere except on the scoreboard. The only place that Franklin did better than Murphy (besides the final score) was in the penalty department. Murphy had twice as many as Franklin (no Franklin fans, that wasn't the reason Murphy lost, just posting facts, so don't take offense). This Murphy team is dang good and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they went big 1a this season. There's no team in 1a, big or small, that Murphy can't beat this season.

I'll say this, if Murphy does go big 1a then yes Rich Blackman, it's on like donkey kong for MICS! They will be the clear favorite in small 1a.

Last edited:
Thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Murphy just like any other team can be beat. They have lost 1 already to Franklin. The final score is the only thing that matters. Pad the stats all you want, at the end of the day, the score board determines the winner. Murphy has a solid shot to win it. Others do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT