ADVERTISEMENT

How Deana finally shut down this silly thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they had more penalties because they committed more penalties and have less discipline..lol..murphy is 3 &13 against franklin..1a or 1aa is a world away from 2a
Never said they didn't deserve the penalties. Was just saying that the penalties were the only place where Franklin did better than Murphy other than the final score. Murphy has a pretty dismal record against Franklin since 2002 but they still lead the overall series. If you didn't know that, now you do. Maybe the very top of 2a (Shelby, Reidsville, South Point, for example) is a "world away" from 1a or 1aa, but overall, there is not a huge difference between 1a and 2a.

Last edited:
Murphy has trouble with Franklin for whatever, it's no secret. But why is that the only frame of reference for talking about them being a world away from 1AA and 2A schools? No talk about them also beating a third round 2A playoff team last year or a 3-1 2A team this year.
There is no mention of it because it shoots too many holes in his argument. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story I guess.

Last edited:
Murphy has trouble with Franklin for whatever, it's no secret. But why is that the only frame of reference for talking about them being a world away from 1AA and 2A schools? No talk about them also beating a third round 2A playoff team last year or a 3-1 2A team this year.
I'll give murphy credit they will play anyone anywhere anytime..big or small...pisgah showed no respect for murphy..oh wait hell they show NO respect for anyone...anf murphy made them look silly..im simply saying there's a huge difference in 1a and 2a when it comes playoff time

I'll give murphy credit they will play anyone anywhere anytime..big or small...pisgah showed no respect for murphy..oh wait hell they show NO respect for anyone...anf murphy made them look silly..im simply saying there's a huge difference in 1a and 2a when it comes playoff time
Why are people even talking about 2A. This is a 1-A thread. Murphy is the top dog in this era and they are 1A ! Not 2A or 3A !! I think everyone can't handle the fact that they can beat their 2A & 3A teams. The SMC has rich tradition with teams like Robbinsville, Swain & Murphy dominating for many years in yes 1A but at the same time beating quality 2 & 3A teams year in and year out. Our conference is 1A for a reason and let's just keep that in mind. I don't believe I've ever seen a SMC team get on here and say they could win a State playoff game going up against a 2 or 3A team. We are a 1A conference and are proud of it

Haha....That is a laugh. Murphy will not play anyone east of Haywood county that is worth a crap!

Haha....That is a laugh. Murphy will not play anyone east of Haywood county that is worth a crap!
Asheville, North Gaston, Hendersonville, West Henderson, Brevard, Charlotte Latin, and Trinity all say hello. I heard Murphy tried to play Reynolds in 2001 too but the rockets declined for whatever reason. Don't know if that is true or not but that's what I heard. Several big Georgia and Tennessee schools also say hello.

Last edited:
Depends on team , teams are different every year

Murphy gladly knocked of Hendersonville last year and has played asheville before..if you want a game with the dogs just call them..lol ask pisgah

Reactions: Rhinos87
Why are people even talking about 2A. This is a 1-A thread. Murphy is the top dog in this era and they are 1A ! Not 2A or 3A !! I think everyone can't handle the fact that they can beat their 2A & 3A teams. The SMC has rich tradition with teams like Robbinsville, Swain & Murphy dominating for many years in yes 1A but at the same time beating quality 2 & 3A teams year in and year out. Our conference is 1A for a reason and let's just keep that in mind. I don't believe I've ever seen a SMC team get on here and say they could win a State playoff game going up against a 2 or 3A team. We are a 1A conference and are proud of it
Good thing this is America and we can post on any thread..

You must be a sensitive Andrews fan..not only do y'all not beat 2a teams you rarely best anyone..

You must be a sensitive Andrews fan..not only do y'all not beat 2a teams you rarely best anyone..
A little history lesson for you young man. Andrews has won 3 Regional State Championships and appeared in a total of 5 ! The SMC conference has won 30 State Championships and every team in the conference has has appeared in at least one except Hayesville. Hayesville has had many great teams over the years with big wins over 3A Asheville. No Andrews is not a power house football team but when you play in the SMC against the likes of Murphy, Robbinsville, Swain, Cherokee, Rosman & Hayesville with a avg of 25 players a year it is a battle. But you never see Andrews on here making excuses or trolling trying to talk smack about another team. We just play the game

Having come into contact with both programs at different times in my career, I am quite certain that Murphy does not fear Tarboro and neither does Tarboro fear Murphy. If you play for Murphy, or for Tarboro, you respect your opponent and fear none. Which is why they both win so many games and have won multiple championships.

Murphy and Tarboro will be a great game. Teams should not be overlooking edenton Holmes however.

With that said, Rose Hill would beat down all three of them. But they should, they are 2A

Murphy and Tarboro show...Im goin out on a limb and saying one of them will get upset if both are 1aa!!

This is hilarious. I think the changing thread title should say Who fears Murphy? It wasn't Murphy who started this thread. You got to hand it to ole Rich, he knows how to get people worked up.

This is hilarious. I think the changing thread title should say Who fears Murphy? It wasn't Murphy who started this thread. You got to hand it to ole Rich, he knows how to get people worked up.
Hey man, I'm just seeing what people think. Its always a east/West Beef.

When WRH moved to 2a. Tarboro moved right in. Tarboro looks like a champion. They might have one close playoff game, but I dought it

Ok cool im kinda glad it's hypothetical and irrelevant. No comp in small 1a for yall tho. There is plenty in 1aa though.

Murphy and Tarboro will be a great game. Teams should not be overlooking edenton Holmes however.

With that said, Rose Hill would beat down all three of them. But they should, they are 2A
How much better is this WRH team compared to 2010? That team rolled everyone that season except for Murphy (22-21 final score). This Murphy team is definitely deeper and probably better than the 2010 Murphy team. Maybe by a good margin but that remains to be seen. Wallace would probably win against this Murphy team but IMO wouldn't "beat down" this Murphy team.

Seen the dogs this year , they are flat out loaded, what a pleasure it was to finally make it to murphy for a game. Wish the Bears were going small this year, i like that game alot after what i seen in the Bears last night. But i have to say i was suprised by the lack of kicking game from the dogs. Quick question , isnt the bodine kid #80 the son of the former clemson star Rob Bodine?

Reactions: mbdfan
His family just moved here from South Dakota. From what I understand, they purchased the Whitmire farm.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Seen the dogs this year , they are flat out loaded, what a pleasure it was to finally make it to murphy for a game.
Gdawg74, Murphy were missing four key starters in the game you saw against Greenwood: DeAndre Jackson (CB and #1 KR/PR), Kadrian McRae (RB), Cory Farmer (OG/ILB) and Chase Teesateskie (OT), they're all back now.

'Dogs have solidified the kicking game since then as well. Devonte Murray has been doing the kickoff duties the last two games and he had multiple touchbacks against both North Georgia and Gilmer County. Katelyn Jones is still doing the PAT duties and was 14/16 on PAT's in those two games.

Brown kid is good, should be some real interesting matchups across the board this year come playoff time. Mitchell , MiC and Murphy are all great matchups. Then the Bears , West Montgomery , North Rowan and East Wilkes are gonna be some good ones to. If line play gets a little better for the Bears they could be special, Skill players all over the field. I think they are much improved from last year. Saw East Wilkes this year and heck im still trying to find the ball, Qb hides it as good as anybody ive seen, they are solid. Gonna be a fun one this year

Mbdfan, if thats the case then your dogs are special indeed. Great atmosphere in your neck of the woods. That line play was VERY impressive. Would love to see a Granite Bear / Bulldog matchup this year , it would be a good one. Good luck the rest of the season and by the way, ive never seen some one so small kick a ball as good as miss jones does annnnnnnd ive never seen a team show up 3 minutes before kickoff like the raptors did.

Reactions: mbdfan
this years WRH team is better than the 2010 teams in my opinion. Defense is one of the best in school history. Special teams I would give the edge to the 2010 team and offensively probably about even.

this years WRH team is better than the 2010 teams in my opinion. Defense is one of the best in school history. Special teams I would give the edge to the 2010 team and offensively probably about even.
Isn't WRH 2-A now?? Yes they are so take WRH praises to the 2A board see how they fare against Reidsville

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT