ADVERTISEMENT

Hough vs Chambers

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Another big game of interest as two top 4A teams will play against each other this Friday. Should be a good one. Thoughts or predictions

Toss up. I'm rooting for Chambers, but have a feeling Hough gets them in the regular season. Hough has been close and I think this is the game that missing Hackett really haunts Chambers. Chambers defense has been a step behind this year. The AK game, CG, and HR show that good well coached teams will give the Chambers defense issues.

But in a game like this big players make big plays. #3 Smothers is the REAL deal. Think he can will Chambers through.

Reactions: tdl6242
This game is an absolute toss up. Primary importance is playoff seeding, who stays home and who travels, who sells hot dogs and who loses the concession dollar boost by being on the road. They will most likely meet again in the post season.

I don’t view this as a Toss up - but anything is possibly but I have faith in #3 in Smothers to lead the cougar into victory but Hough has talent but I think last yr team was more powerful but only time can tell for Hough imo

Hough 31 Vance 37

Toss up. I'm rooting for Chambers, but have a feeling Hough gets them in the regular season. Hough has been close and I think this is the game that missing Hackett really haunts Chambers. Chambers defense has been a step behind this year. The AK game, CG, and HR show that good well coached teams will give the Chambers defense issues.

But in a game like this big players make big plays. #3 Smothers is the REAL deal. Think he can will Chambers through.
Agree with your post......in these toss up games I tend to go with the team with the returning signal caller who has been in big games as well. Tad Hudson has shown that he can light it up when the lights come on... that game at Richmond last year even in a loss was special. Chambers QB situation seems to be a little fluid based on the option of riches that they have but i think they have quality just not in this type of game. Winning this game almost puts you at a disadvantage because the rematch is pretty much guaranteed and beating a team twice is so tough....

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Agree with your post......in these toss up games I tend to go with the team with the returning signal caller who has been in big games as well. Tad Hudson has shown that he can light it up when the lights come on... that game at Richmond last year even in a loss was special. Chambers QB situation seems to be a little fluid based on the option of riches that they have but i think they have quality just not in this type of game. Winning this game almost puts you at a disadvantage because the rematch is pretty much guaranteed and beating a team twice is so tough....
Agreed 100%. Said the same thing in a MC thread. Its tough to beat the top flight conference rivals twice in a season. Maybe if there is space between the games, but even then its tough as the losing team gets all the momentum, all the work hard, all the they disrespected us momentum. Then the losing coaches dissect every inch of the game looking for clues/tips. The winners can prepare but the loser always has the competitive advantage in the rematch.

Reactions: nepsy7
With seeing very little of both teams I just have a gut feeling this is the year Hough comes out of the West. I think the injury to the big DT for Chambers is a tough loss and not unlike the Mallard Creek teams of the last 5-6 years I think Chambers has a discipline problem. Those penalties don't matter when you are physically dominant but against the one or two teams that have close to the same level of athletes you can't give away 100- 150 yards in penalties. Gonna come back to bite you.

Vance guy here... we're coming in "un"vance/chambers like especially on defense and with Swindell out is huge...he basically controlled that 2nd playoff game last yr vs Hough and with him out gives Hough an advantage. Plus Hough gets up for these type of games IN THE REGULAR SEASON. I'm cheering for my cougs but I feel Hough is the better team..."right now". We tend to get stronger when we get smacked around and feel like we're disrespected. Hopeful for a good game.

Hough wins 16-10. Lots of mistakes...lots of missed opportunities and sloppy play in previous games came back to bite us in the end. I felt like Hough was playing better at this point of the season. It usually takes us all reg season games to tune it in for the playoffs. Long season...they will see us again.

Hough has Chambers number in the regular season. Could this be the year Chambers gets dethroned in the playoffs? Chambers has not looked near as dominant as in the past few seasons. Has the competition closed the gap? Time will tell

Hough has Chambers number in the regular season. Could this be the year Chambers gets dethroned in the playoffs? Chambers has not looked near as dominant as in the past few seasons. Has the competition closed the gap? Time will tell
This outcome was not unexpected to me. The playoff game should be epic. It seems Chambers has a higher ceiling than many teams but takes a few more games. The playoff game should be epic.

There is not a sure shot dominating team this year. I believe there will be more than one upset, during the playoffs.

Reactions: Warhead1
This outcome was not unexpected to me. The playoff game should be epic. It seems Chambers has a higher ceiling than many teams but takes a few more games. The playoff game should be epic.
QB play, Special Teams & Penalties. Chambers from what I see can improve on penalties I am not sure if the QB play improves enough to match Hough QB Hudson in a rematch & Special Teams Hough is light years ahead. Just feels like Hough’s over the hump year.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
QB play, Special Teams & Penalties. Chambers from what I see can improve on penalties I am not sure if the QB play improves enough to match Hough QB Hudson in a rematch & Special Teams Hough is light years ahead. Just feels like Hough’s over the hump year.
Hough has always had good special teams and Qbs over the yrs...it is jus that "it" Hough doesn't have. Jus like some of my MC posters have said over the yrs...Hough has had the athletes and the decent coaching and GREAT RECRUITING...but that it isn't there I feel to get them 2 a championship game. Call it chemistry or culture but it's hard to get anything when your team is manufactured and doesn't have that chemistry of kids that's been together playing for a long time. Again just like last yr with all the mistakes we've made to only lose 16-10 says a lot to how much more potential we can grow from where we're at now. I know other teams get better but I feel our 100% is the best than any other team in the state.

Hough has always had good special teams and Qbs over the yrs...it is jus that "it" Hough doesn't have. Jus like some of my MC posters have said over the yrs...Hough has had the athletes and the decent coaching and GREAT RECRUITING...but that it isn't there I feel to get them 2 a championship game. Call it chemistry or culture but it's hard to get anything when your team is manufactured and doesn't have that chemistry of kids that's been together playing for a long time. Again just like last yr with all the mistakes we've made to only lose 16-10 says a lot to how much more potential we can grow from where we're at now. I know other teams get better but I feel our 100% is the best than any other team in the state.
You could make the same argument for Chambers this year. Lots of new faces showed up in July.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT