ADVERTISEMENT

Hough at Richmond

But they blew out what is supposed to be a really good Vance team. I believe we win and pull away late.
Hough has one game a year where they play very well. Last year it was knocking off Mallard Creek in the playoffs, this year it was Vance.

But they blew out what is supposed to be a really good Vance team. I believe we win and pull away late.
They have athletes, they move Pryor around the field so u have to account for him. I heard Ocean got hurt...if its serious that's a huge blow for Hough.

Pull away late... it's not good in the playoffs. Richmond is known for that and they are a very good team. Let's dont wait till second half guys. I say it every year. Offense, let's play the whole game...all for its. Richmond fans might say, "are you nuts??? Weve beat everybody we've played." Well, I just might be nuts, but dont let your guard down guys. Lose and the ride's over. Sometimes better to lose in the regular season. At least you get to play again... Hang on, play hard, the whole game. Its us against Charlotte, pretty much...and all that smack...GO RAIDERS... one game at a time.

Richmond with have to contain Pryor. Talent wise across the board, I believe they’re even. Richmond probably has more depth and a better OLine. Hough is an example and proof, that it takes more than talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
Richmond will win here and probably by a decent margin. The only thing I am curious about is does Hough have enough on defense to slow them down for a half or so. They have a couple pieces on defense and Pryor could break one possibly.

After the last two years I expect Richmond to come out ready to send a message and blow them out.

to match your assessment of the game "nothing much to see here"
I take by 30 pretty much the same, nothing much to see here..
Like I said on another thread, it depends on which Hough team shows. They could make it interesting going into the fourth or like you say, Richmond could win by 30+.

They have athletes, they move Pryor around the field so u have to account for him. I heard Ocean got hurt...if its serious that's a huge blow for Hough.
all the backup did was come in and throw 2 tds. He is going to be a big time college recruit.

I think if Hough wouldn't have beat Vance the way they did I would not be even a little nervous. Friday night can't get here quick enough.

I think if Hough wouldn't have beat Vance the way they did I would not be even a little nervous. Friday night can't get here quick enough.
We had that coming vs Hough. Sometime around midway in the 3rd quarter of that MC game idk what happened we jus got happy with doing jus enough. We jus creeped by mooresville n got lucky against LKN. That ass whooping we took at Hough is what we needed to wake the hell up jus in time for the playoffs. Trust me Hough has talent so I wouldnt take them lightly but RC should take care of business.

Richmond just play your game Defense will be important from here on... The scores begin to tighten up now. We'll be alright. Just keep doing what your doing...that's winning. GO RAIDERS...

Where does these bloated points spreads come from? Probably don’t know anything about Hough. And I’m a long time Richmond fan. Be realistic people. A win is a win Whether it’s by 1 or 31.

It's really pretty simple. Hough has been rolled by 3 elite teams. Myers Park, Mallard Creek and Byrnes. Richmond has them at home and with a 9th grader starting at QB.

One would think based on that it should be a curb stomping.

Reactions: btango
Where does these bloated points spreads come from? Probably don’t know anything about Hough. And I’m a long time Richmond fan. Be realistic people. A win is a win Whether it’s by 1 or 31.

Have you been to any games? I have witnessed every Raider game for the last few years and have a son who played here. I agree a win is a win by 1 or 31 either way I will be happy. If you were on here you would know my pat answer when I pick is "RC BY 30" and while not exact its been pretty damn close. Huff is going to get rolled and they can hang it on the locker room wall. Mallard Park beat them by 39 points, Meyers Creek beat them by 47 and Byrnes beat them by 37 and you think the Raiders are going to struggle OMG... The Raiders only have two games that the margin of victory was under 30 points that's including two games that only lasted two quarters and quite a few running clocks that is why my point spread is bloated.

Last edited:
If everyone takes care of business the point spreads will tighten considerably next week

Well... to start with he ain't no 9th grader...This ain't his first game...and he won't be as nervous as the opponent at RAIDER STADIUM... GO RAIDERS... boy c yall in for a sprize..

It’s GAME DAY!! Will this Hough team come in here and surprise them Raiders? Some of them high school football gurus in Charlotte think so. I expect Hough to be ready to play but Raiders sneak by in this one. I for one will be attending.The pleasure has been all yours!

It’s GAME DAY!! Will this Hough team come in here and surprise them Raiders? Some of them high school football gurus in Charlotte think so. I expect Hough to be ready to play but Raiders sneak by in this one. I for one will be attending.The pleasure has been all yours!

Which gurus have picked Hough?

Until someone shows that Hood can be rattled I think Raiders are in a good position. That said he will see stuff he hasn't seen in the SAC and that starts tonight!

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Which gurus have picked Hough?
You know them people around Charlotte that do high school football shows. The ones that say Hough will give Richmond trouble but want go as far to say Hough wins outright . They will not pick Hough because they don’t wanna be wrong.But you know deep down they hate Richmond and want them to lose.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
You know them people around Charlotte that do high school football shows. The ones that say Hough will give Richmond trouble but want go as far to say Hough wins outright . They will not pick Hough because they don’t wanna be wrong.But you know deep down they hate Richmond and want them to lose.
I live in Charlotte and frankly don't care if Richmond wins or not.

Richmond all the way in this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT