ADVERTISEMENT

Hopewell's AJ Simpkin Transfers

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Hopewell High School QB in AJ Simpkin will be now playing for the Christ School in Asheville and Will now be apart of the 2022 class.

Reactions: UNC91
Eh, not a bad move to have Heath Shuler as your personal QB coach either! Christ School is def on the rise and I think will be unbeatable in a few years in the NCISAA and state of NC.

Last edited:
Nepsy heard someone else mention no season this year. Really think the way we are trending folks will push through and just remove COVID confirmed players and make it a way of life. Can't just shut everything down over and over. The shutting down process may be worse than just playing. The death rate is very very low.

Nepsy heard someone else mention no season this year. Really think the way we are trending folks will push through and just remove COVID confirmed players and make it a way of life. Can't just shut everything down over and over. The shutting down process may be worse than just playing. The death rate is very very low.
I’m more concern with the attendees at games. How will the administration handle it if a parent, or fan catches the virus?

Reactions: dcov33
I’m more concern with the attendees at games. How will the administration handle it if a parent, or fan catches the virus?
Thats your risk. The hardest part of this is determining where person got it and from whom.

I think we play. 100% wont be the way it was but I think we play.
-No concession
-Limited fans
-Players wearing that new face mask that schutt is introducing
-8 or 9 week season

Now all of this is just gut feelings. Lol

I think we play. 100% wont be the way it was but I think we play.
-No concession
-Limited fans
-Players wearing that new face mask that schutt is introducing
-8 or 9 week season

Now all of this is just gut feelings. Lol

Love your optimism and pray your right but when I see Clemson with 24 positives I just cant see it.

True, but a lot of the positives are coming because more are getting tested as part of the return protocol For college athletics not because they have symptoms or are sick. Tons of people have had it and never even knew about it due to never feeling anything. But I get what you're saying though.

True, but a lot of the positives are coming because more are getting tested as part of the return protocol For college athletics not because they have symptoms or are sick. Tons of people have had it and never even knew about it due to never feeling anything. But I get what you're saying though.

Its just bad optics and as these new cases mount you know there is going to be a tragic story or two involving either a HS kid or his parent or grandparents catching it. Lot of pressure and this is a state that has already shown its not gonna push the envelope....hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Vco
Its just bad optics and as these new cases mount you know there is going to be a tragic story or two involving either a HS kid or his parent or grandparents catching it. Lot of pressure and this is a state that has already shown its not gonna push the envelope....hope I am wrong.

Better chance dying in a car accident. So you going to close the streets down. You need to wake up, if you think covid stuff is this serious. More people die from the flu in one month in NC then this covid has killed. The information is out there, with the power of the internet, educate yourself PLEASE

Better chance dying in a car accident. So you going to close the streets down. You need to wake up, if you think covid stuff is this serious. More people die from the flu in one month in NC then this covid has killed. The information is out there, with the power of the internet, educate yourself PLEASE

Gotcha, but if you read the post I never said we shouldnt play. Trust me...plenty educated. Knowledge and public perception is two different issues.

My point is as long as the cases mount the pressure will be tricky for the officials to navigate and in the end it will matter more than the " flu is more deadly" conversation.

Again, i am praying Im wrong.

Over the past five complete flu seasons, 1,089 deaths were reported in the state, meaning, as it stands, the number of coronavirus deaths in the state has surpass five years’ worth of flu-related deaths. What happens if 1 or 2 players check positive? Do you quarantine the entire team? The players that tested positive at Clemson will be isolated for at least 10 days. Anyone in contact with them will be self-quarantined for at least 14 days, in concurrence with Clemson's guidelines. No way you can do this in High School.

Last edited:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/states/northcarolina/northcarolina.htm

No it is the facts, cut off your tv filled with lies by the media and actually do some research. Better yet just do not say nothing at all.
So you’re also Nostradamus, you know what I’m watching on tv? Flu & Pneumonia are not the same thing. That’s why the data said Pneumonia & Flu. So you have no data. Be upset with the way you believe things are handled, but stop making Stuff up. Yes! Please do your research.

Last edited:
Well, they continued having sports and attendees word facemasks during the Spanish Flu of 2018. You play the games, be careful and push through.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Just like you handle the flu. Please stay home and don't come to the game or to work.

Well, they continued having sports and attendees word facemasks during the Spanish Flu of 2018. You play the games, be careful and push through.
Interesting! I never saw anyone wearing mask at sporting events 2018. I know I didn’t.

Just like you handle the flu. Please stay home and don't come to the game or to work.
So Dr. Honda. Do you quarantine players that test positive, or let them continue to play? What happens to the coaching staff and players they’ve come in contact with? I’m just asking? You seem to be extremely informed on the virus, and how it works? Your years of work with disease control. What’s your medical advice?

Last edited:
So Dr. Honda. Do you quarantine players that test positive, or let them continue to play? What happens to the coaching staff and players they’ve come in contact with? I’m just asking? You seem to be extremely informed on the virus, and how it works? Your years of work with disease control. What’s your medical advice?
Due to your expertise in sarcasm. I'm not answering you.

Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT