19. Jack Britt (7-2) 55.44

20. Glenn (6-3) 53.95

21. New Bern (8-1) 50.75

22. Davie County (5-4) 49.34

23. Porter Ridge (6-3) 48.98

24. South View (7-2) 48.57

25. Holly Springs (8-1) 48.26

Reactions: Veejay4
Looks good. I think #11 and #13 should trade out. #13 being undefeated this late in the season and #11 lost to #12... just logic to me. I'm sure some will disagree... good job Honda. GO RAIDERS...

What formula do you use? Do you rank 3A teams?
I don't do 3A teams. I do it all manually on a spreadsheet and that would be quite a bit. Below, I explain how I do the ratings.

In doing the ratings, several bits of information are gathered. First a power points system is used. Teams earn game points whether they win or lose. The points received is determined by a team's winning or losing against a team of different classifications. For example 22 points are earned for every 4A team a team defeats. They receive 20/18 or 16 depending on whether their opponent was class 3A/2A or 1A.

A team receives points even if they lose a game. A team receives 10 points for losing to a 4A team and 8/6 or 4 points depending on whether that team lost to a 3A, 2A or 1A team.

Bonus points are awarded for every win an opponent has, whether that team won or lost to the opponents. If an opponent is defeated, the team receives 2 bonus points for each opponent's win. If a team loses to an opponent, that team will receive 1 point for each win the opponent has.

Sometimes due to split conferences or location where there may not be many large schools, some teams may play an opponent in a lower class. So as not to be at a disadvantage, classification points are awarded for a team that plays a team of a lower classification. A team receives 2 classification points for each class down they play. For example, a 4A team playing a 3A team will receive 2 classification points for each 3A team played. A 4A team would receive 4 classifications points for playing a 2A team and 6 classification points for playing a 1A team.

Each team also receives points for point differential. They don't receive the full value, but each team's points for point differential are determined by multiplying the point differential by .25. For example a team with a point differential of 50 points would receive 50x.25 or 12.50 points.

Each team receives points for a home or away victory or loss. An away victory is valued at 10 points and a home victory is valued at 5 points. A loss at home receives a value of 2.5 points and a loss on the road 5 points.

Teams are awarded points for strength of schedule. Two SOS determinants are used. MaxPreps and Massey ratings.

Power ratings points are awarded based on the Massey ratings. In addition, offensive and defensive power points are awarded based on Massey's ratings.

Teams receive points based on how they are ranked. Three ranking systems are used; MaxPreps, Carolina Preps and the Massey ratings.

All the points from the different categories are added then divided by the number of games played. This determines a team's rating for that week. Teams will be ranked from 1-25 based on that team's points average.

Reactions: nepsy7
I don't do 3A teams. I do it all manually on a spreadsheet and that would be quite a bit. Below, I explain how I do the ratings.

In doing the ratings, several bits of information are gathered. First a power points system is used. Teams earn game points whether they win or lose. The points received is determined by a team's winning or losing against a team of different classifications. For example 22 points are earned for every 4A team a team defeats. They receive 20/18 or 16 depending on whether their opponent was class 3A/2A or 1A.

A team receives points even if they lose a game. A team receives 10 points for losing to a 4A team and 8/6 or 4 points depending on whether that team lost to a 3A, 2A or 1A team.

Bonus points are awarded for every win an opponent has, whether that team won or lost to the opponents. If an opponent is defeated, the team receives 2 bonus points for each opponent's win. If a team loses to an opponent, that team will receive 1 point for each win the opponent has.

Sometimes due to split conferences or location where there may not be many large schools, some teams may play an opponent in a lower class. So as not to be at a disadvantage, classification points are awarded for a team that plays a team of a lower classification. A team receives 2 classification points for each class down they play. For example, a 4A team playing a 3A team will receive 2 classification points for each 3A team played. A 4A team would receive 4 classifications points for playing a 2A team and 6 classification points for playing a 1A team.

Each team also receives points for point differential. They don't receive the full value, but each team's points for point differential are determined by multiplying the point differential by .25. For example a team with a point differential of 50 points would receive 50x.25 or 12.50 points.

Each team receives points for a home or away victory or loss. An away victory is valued at 10 points and a home victory is valued at 5 points. A loss at home receives a value of 2.5 points and a loss on the road 5 points.

Teams are awarded points for strength of schedule. Two SOS determinants are used. MaxPreps and Massey ratings.

Power ratings points are awarded based on the Massey ratings. In addition, offensive and defensive power points are awarded based on Massey's ratings.

Teams receive points based on how they are ranked. Three ranking systems are used; MaxPreps, Carolina Preps and the Massey ratings.

All the points from the different categories are added then divided by the number of games played. This determines a team's rating for that week. Teams will be ranked from 1-25 based on that team's points average.
That’s some good stuff right there. I know it takes some time. Thank you for explaining

Reactions: Ben-Badd and nepsy7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT