ADVERTISEMENT

Honda's 4A/4AA Championship Game Predictions

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
For the playoffs I'm 36-8 at 86%. For the last two weeks, I've been on a roll at 11-1 for 92%. Can I keep up this pace for the finals. We'll have to wait and see.

4A - Harding 13-1 vs Scotland 12-1

For both of these teams, their only loss was to Mallard Creek. Scotland lost to the Mavericks early 28-21 and Harding lost to them 30-9.

This game is tough to call, it could go either way. A major concern I have here is Scotland's defense. For Harding, with Scotland averaging 61.33 ppg in the playoffs, is do they have enough defense.

Prediction: Scotland 37 Harding 35

4AA - Mallard Creek 14-0 vs Wake Forest 14-0

Wake Forest enters with a 30 game winning streak. Mallard Creek has won 14-0. A question for Wake Forest has been their strength of schedule. The real issue is what they've done against that schedule. They're averaging 44.5 ppg, while allowing 9.07.

Mallard Creek is averaging 33.36 ppg while allowing 10 ppg. For the playoffs, they're scoring 23.33 ppg while giving up 16 ppg. But this figure is buoyed by North Mecklenburg scoring 33.

Both of these teams have strong defenses. This will by far, be the toughest defense Wake Forest has faced this season. Can Mallard Creek run their conservative offense successfully against that Wake Forest defense? Wake Forest has better passing this season.

Two keys are will the Wake Forest QB have time to throw? Who will committ the fewest turnovers?

This game could go either way.

Don't expect a high scoring affair.

Prediction: Wake Forest 21 Mallard Creek 17

Reactions: paulraiderfan
Mallard Creek is back after a brief hiatus. They will be even better next year. Wake Forest will be in a similar situation next season that Middle Creek found themselves in this season. Middle Creek had 13 Seniors from the 2016 season go on to play college football. This season they had 2 starters back on defense and only 4 on offense. On the other hand, Mallard Creek started this year with only a few returning starters and look what they have accomplished. Few teams if any have Mallard Creeks depth. Wake Forest needs to win this game because I’m not convinced, yet, that they will be in the hunt next year.

Mallard Creek is back after a brief hiatus. They will be even better next year. Wake Forest will be in a similar situation next season that Middle Creek found themselves in this season. Middle Creek had 13 Seniors from the 2016 season go on to play college football. This season they had 2 starters back on defense and only 4 on offense. On the other hand, Mallard Creek started this year with only a few returning starters and look what they have accomplished. Few teams if any have Mallard Creeks depth. Wake Forest needs to win this game because I’m not convinced, yet, that they will be in the hunt next year.
Wake Forest probably won't have as good of a team, but I think they'll still be in the hunt.

agreed 100%

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT