ADVERTISEMENT

Honda's 3A/3AA Championship Game Predictions

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
So far in 3A/AA for the playoffs, I'm 56-4, at 93%. Can I keep this up for the finals? That will be determined.

3A - Havelock 14-1 vs Charlotte Catholic 15-0

Prediction: Charlotte Catholic 37 Havelock 27

3AA - A.C. Reynolds 14-1 vs New Hanover 14-1

Prediction: New Hanover 31 A.C. Reynolds 28

No one is counting them out. Havelock fans are trying to sell that no one believes in them, yet I see just as many people picking them as are picking Catholic.
I agree. If anything, with all of their championships, Havelock fans better not count out Catholic or the other way around. I think some have forgotten Catholic came down from 4A this year and have battled the likes of Vance, Dudley and East Forsyth and Mallard Creek. In addition, this is the fourth year that Mike Brodowicz has been head coach. This is Catholic's third trip to the finals during his tenure and first in 3A. The other two were in 4A. He's 1-1. His four year record is 57-4. The losses were to Mallard Creek 40-21, New Bern in the 2014 state title game 23-15, Charlotte Christian 20-13 and Dudley 21-10. This is also why I picked Catholic.

Honda...what do you see as the key to the game? You've been pretty dang good on predictions.

Past seasons mean little now. Havelock has one loss to Wallace Rose Hill. Wallace will be playing Saturday also and they have only one loss and thats to East Duplin who is undefeated. Seriously I will not be surprised if all 3 win. In fact I'd be shocked if they don't. But I know nothing about Catholic. The 3 teams I mentioned just now are strong. Make very few mistakes and they make the other team pay for mistakes. It's no accident all 3 play saturday. I'm sure the same can be said for Catholic by some. Hopefully both teams bring their A game.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
Looking at all the games in all the locations, I feel confident saying, pound for pound, the best games will be in Durham. Both games intrigue me.

No one is counting them out. Havelock fans are trying to sell that no one believes in them, yet I see just as many people picking them as are picking Catholic.

Havelock fans or fans of the eastern side of the state should pick HHS and that goes for the western side for Catholic. As far as more people picking Havelock that I don’t see at all from everything I have seen so far CC is unstoppable. Havelock wasn’t suppose to win last week there were some picking it close but not a land slide. It should be a great game... CC should be favored coming from 4a to the lower 3A division. Which doesn’t matter the better team will win regardless. For years Havelock has never gotten the respect it deserves. The people who give it to them has seen them on a regular basis, either the game is going to live up to the hype or someone is going to get blown out or will not be close and that can come from either team. It should be fun to watch. I wish them both the best of luck. Go Rams

Havelock fans or fans of the eastern side of the state should pick HHS and that goes for the western side for Catholic. As far as more people picking Havelock that I don’t see at all from everything I have seen so far CC is unstoppable. Havelock wasn’t suppose to win last week there were some picking it close but not a land slide. It should be a great game... CC should be favored coming from 4a to the lower 3A division. Which doesn’t matter the better team will win regardless. For years Havelock has never gotten the respect it deserves. The people who give it to them has seen them on a regular basis, either the game is going to live up to the hype or someone is going to get blown out or will not be close and that can come from either team. It should be fun to watch. I wish them both the best of luck. Go Rams
I'm from Charlotte and have never seen Havelock play. With their history, if one doesn't respect them, it's foolish. I have heard this is Catholic's best team ever. Whether that's reality or hype remains to be seen. Personally, I think Catholic will have their hands full.

Honda...what do you see as the key to the game? You've been pretty dang good on predictions.
For me there are a couple of keys to this game. Catholic will have a slight size advantage. How will Havelock handle that? Havelock has speed defensively and flies to the ball. In this game, they'll have to be disciplined defensively. Catholic is very disciplined and operates like a unit. So, if Havelock is undisciplined they'll be in trouble. Havelock's speed will be a key. Catholic will have to be ready for that. Catholic's secondary, though pretty good can still be taken advantage of but the key will be for Havelock to have time to pass. Though they pass more this year than in the past, Catholic is still basically a running team. Havelock can't let Catholic lull them to sleep. They have a couple of nice receivers. Then of course, turnovers will be a huge key.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT