ADVERTISEMENT

Holley to Harrells

I knew that this was going to happen last week. Now all those who told me they were rumors should feel pretty stupid. Maybe he can finally get that state championship ring that he could never get in public school system. I dont know if it will be the same but hey hats off to em.

Now that its offical,I'm happy for coach Holley. Everybody on these threads are saying,he is going to HCA for the money thats just crazy. The man just loves to coach football,with Battle going to Kinston that probaly had alot to do with him going HCA. Coach Holley would be lost not being on a sideline on Fri.nights.I know he could be at Kinstons games evey Fri. night but he just might want Battle to do his on thing. Good Luck to both Coach Holley and Battle.

D_Style-What do you want? A dog biscuit? NO one feels stupid. Trust me, you are not the only one who knew this was going down, lol. Most people, especially those affiliated with the parties involved, prefer to keep things quite until its official. But, I know this is a sports message board, so there is nothing wrong with you posting on this topic. Good luck to your team of choice this season!
This post was edited on 3/31 3:41 PM by sam
This post was edited on 2/28 12:44 AM by sam

Doggie-
Did you say that you were from Clinton or just live in Clinton?
This post was edited on 4/1 8:56 AM by Big Pappa

Well dont worry about it then, ok! This is a message board about football, not about where people that post messages are from or live.

Ok...lets talk football. Did you play at WRH, CHS or HCA? Do you think that the kids at WRH will now go to HCA?

I played for Jack in the early 80's at Tabor City.....we lost our last game (very common for him....think about it...never won the big one in a public school....). That is not important. I will never forget his halftime speech. He knew he was leaving after that year to go to Wallace. He told us that it was not important if we won that football game...it was just a game. What was important was that we did not quit...did not give up....because if we gave up at something that was not important now, then later in life we would give up when the going got tough at something that really was important. I have never forgotten that....and I have never given up. Thanks Coach Holley. I was just an average football player then....but I am a helluva man now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT