ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard almost upsets Topsail!!

I read this stat somewhere on this game..
Hoggard averaged over 7 yds per carry and the defense gave up 3 points and Hoggard lost. Looks like Hog is passing it all over the place yet has a pretty good run attack ...I read this stuff and we
complain about 9-1 around here and stinking up the place... lol...

Reactions: portcity FB
Topsail played well and I do not want to take anything away from them. Hoggard had made some big strides forward on offense the last 3 weeks in the running game. Hoggard defense played great as they have all year. It is painfully obvious that Hoggard WR just can not get open. Teams are on to the routes and the QBs are not looking anything off and there is just no one to throw to. Hard to change passing attack at this point in the season but you know what they same about doing the same thing over and over when it is not working. I would not say Hoggard was throwing it all over the field but it does appear they really do want to throw it and its just not there.
I will also say, switching QB can create a healthy battle but it can also backfire and I feel it has. Both QB are losing conf and are not in any kind of groove. Both QB are pressing and trying to not make mistakes. Hoggard has been able to throw the ball effectively for the past 20 years and situations like 3rd and 5 were money pass plays for them but not this year.
It is easy for us to sit back and be the Saturday morning QB, with that being said, Hoggard will go as their running game goes the rest of the way. I would bring in an extra lineman at TE when they go 2 TE sets and pound the ball until the other teams stops it, I would also go with an up tempo package at times, keep pounding and keep them from subbing.
Laney- 33 for 220 (Passing yards 80)
NB- 36 for 267 (Passing yards 44)
Topsail- 43 for 283 (Passing yards 10)

Biggest upset in North Carolina tonight ?
Hoggard had both starting CB and their best 2 LB out. Topsail can really throw it and it would not have surprised me if they were able to take advantage of that and beat Hoggard but if you would have told me that Hoggard would run for 300 and the defense only give up 3 points and Hoggard would lose I would have lost my house.

I read this stat somewhere on this game..
Hoggard averaged over 7 yds per carry and the defense gave up 3 points and Hoggard lost. Looks like Hog is passing it all over the place yet has a pretty good run attack ...I read this stuff and we
complain about 9-1 around here and stinking up the place... lol...
It's called expectations - anyone that ever accepts loosing at any level is not someone i want to be around. You play to win the game and yes sometimes it doesn't work out but if you are referencing last week I refuse to believe that Pinecrest should have won that game but they did because the scots were either not prepared or complacent thus the turnovers and 17 penalties. I hate loosing at anything (and I don't have anything vested in SC football other than history and some season tickets that I will purchase until I'm dead) and I'm sure Bailey is the same way. Pinecrest beat SC because SC didn't come to play. After that whipping last year SC should have been focused as can be because that was the worst whopping SC has had in over 8 years! Sorry for hijacking Topsail moment.

Pc ha ha ha . U lost to topsail who was the coach popeye the sailor man.

This is a 4A boards for adults. There is a board for kids 10 and under and you will enjoy that one much better. You will also find a lot of posters that you will relate better with. Have fun.
What does this mean though? Are you saying that the 4A boards and teams represent adults while the small schools are kids?

Do not get made at me because you lost to some surfers. You still mad at me. Because of your last visit to tha bern. .you hold a grudge because of the pain and beatdown we put on the screaming biddies,mildcats ,viqueens, and and the buckies, ps mike hughes sends his regards.

What does this mean though? Are you saying that the 4A boards and teams represent adults while the small schools are kids?
If you do not understand what I am referring to than I suggest you go to the 10 and under boards as well. Have fun.

Do not get made at me because you lost to some surfers. You still mad at me. Because of your last visit to tha bern. .you hold a grudge because of the pain and beatdown we put on the screaming biddies,mildcats ,viqueens, and and the buckies, ps mike hughes sends his regards.
Who's mad? Hoggard isn't very good this year. They are dealing with a rash of injuries to an already thin team. They are dealing with losing their Off cord who had done a great job for years. They have lost to 3 really good teams and 1 average team. Not the end of the world. As for Mr. Hughes, he is in the NFL, hard to match that kind of talent. Good luck to him.

How u been doing i myself am glad we winning again losing sucks.ps remember the cryover cryers it,s me guess who

If you do not understand what I am referring to than I suggest you go to the 10 and under boards as well. Have fun.
Well then. Asked a legitimate question so I could understand instead of assume, and got a childish answer. Are you sure you dont belong at the children's table too?

Well then. Asked a legitimate question so I could understand instead of assume, and got a childish answer. Are you sure you dont belong at the children's table too?
I graduated from the 10 and under boards 2 months ago, so there.

Come on. Fellas it is all in good fun. If you go p. The other boards they talk plenty of smack with no hard feeling, hell one tlme they told ct 147 they wanted to throw him in the pee dee river

Come on. Fellas it is all in good fun. If you go p. The other boards they talk plenty of smack with no hard feeling, hell one tlme they told ct 147 they wanted to throw him in the pee dee river

Yes, but we are trying to get back on good football discussion. Port has always been a great poster who tells it like it is. Let's keep it to football talk. There are other boards for the BS. Be welcome, just keep it a football conversation.

U right but i remember when he use to bash my bears .my daddy ct147 hated them more than sc.

Not sure if this belongs here or on the 10 and Under boards but here it goes...

School A- Biggest win in history is beating a team that will finish 5-5

School B- Biggest win in history capping a 15-0 season with a 28-0 win in State Championship game.

I'd rather be school B...

U right but i remember when he use to bash my bears .my daddy ct147 hated them more than sc.
I have never bashed NB, I did from time to time pick other teams to beat them and that somehow that got turned into bashing. I have made, what I felt were accurate comments, some more accurate than others but that in no way is bashing. I think the biggest backlash was when I posted after NB killed Hoggard in 2014 when I said the Hughes was a man among boys and an elite talent, however the rest of their team was average and that they would struggle next year. They went 5-6. You would have thought I was the worse person in the world to most of the NB posters.

Hi troy it me i am back guess who .i like this better. Sc 9 12 14 . How you doing . Love getting people riled up .a hint It ain,t braggin if it,s a fact.

Pc wd have no problem with you.it is go scots and his skirt wearing crew of misfits

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT