ADVERTISEMENT

High School OT NCHSAA NEWS Letter & WRAL News

McInnis is a grandstander.

The attorney misspoke on the 365 day rule.

I don’t see that happening in NC for several years. Just curious, why are you a proponent of the shot clock. Seems most HS Run and gun without it.
Not in the western highlands most teams in our conference are like watching a bad version of Virginia. I think turning off the shot clock with 3 minutes left in the 4th is a good compromise. Without it. Well it’s 3 man weave and pack line without ball pressure. It’s like watching paint dry.

That would be rather costly for schools too considering the shot clock would likely be required to be on the basketball goal and those things are pricy. I've watched a lot of high school basketball over the years and never once though a thing about the shot clock.

That would be rather costly for schools too considering the shot clock would likely be required to be on the basketball goal and those things are pricy. I've watched a lot of high school basketball over the years and never once though a thing about the shot clock.
A shot clock cost 2-3k

So that's $4000-$6000 dollars for a school since you'll need 2. That's alot of money that schools shouldn't have to spend. If it's ever implemented the NCHSAA should cover cost.
I agree about them covering the cost. But that isn’t a lot of money considering what it costs to outfit one football player

I just wish they would make it uniform that all high schools have a play clock in football...way too many schools don't have it.....those that don't usually have a disadvantage when they play schools that do....Reidsville has had one for years but they have had several foes come to Reidsville and get called for delay of game penalties because those teams aren't used to playing with one.....NCHSAA could always take some of that endowment interest and help fund part of the expense for those schools...................wishful thinking??

If there is no playclock on the field, the back judge keeps it and will start signaling with an arm count when the clock is down to 5 seconds I believe.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
I think the team that is at a greater disadvantage is the school that takes more time and has a clock but goes on the road to stadium with no play clocks.

Byrnes, easily one of the more well supported programs, did not have play clocks. They ran a no huddle, go fast offense. Teams that played them like to slow it down. No clocks worked heavily in Byrnes favors and there were a lot of complaints.

right btango....that's exactly what I'm referring to......some of the teams that have played at Reidsville over the years were at disadvantage because of not being used to playing at a quicker tempo............

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT