ADVERTISEMENT

Hickory

If you applied for a job, and you haven’t told your current boss, would you want it plastered on the internet? Job security for a job applicant is far more important for a coach and his family than my curious “right to know”.

If you applied for a job, and you haven’t told your current boss, would you want it plastered on the internet? Job security for a job applicant is far more important for a coach and his family than my curious “right to know”.
Maybe that's where the issue truly lies. I would tell my current boss.

It’s going to be hard for you to control messages on a message board. I mean it’s actually sort of ludicrous to even think that.

I hope I find out who it was. I’m telling everyone.
Agree ! If someone applied it's actually not only their business as sportnut implies but alot of kids and families will be affected so its a communities business . This is h s football in N C.

That may be true for most jobs people apply for. But for a high school football coach his decision has a direct impact on his staff, his players, his school, and his community. So to say it is no one else's business is a little naive.
If any of us applies for a job, it has a direct impact on other people, but it's still our business.

Last edited:
If any of us applies for a job, it has a direct impact on other people, but it's still our business.
First of all, Coach Glass lives in the Denver area of Lincoln county. Secondly, he did not turned around every program but Lincolnton. There is no doubt if he had stayed longer than maybe with maybe a that fact might have been different. Now the fact is he knows Hickory and understands it is a process. The question for Hickory, will he stay long enough or will they be patient enough to wait for the end result? Every community is unique , just like each coach . So only time will tell.
Lastly, as far as coaches telling others about applications to other areas . I think if the applicant is one hundred percent sure he has been offered and 90% sure the district will approve it . Then he should tell his existing staff. Lastly, he should address his players that he is leaving. This year with COVID, end of course testing and a bizarre year that might not be easy. Once again , it is not black or white. It is a grey area. Some applicants blab then a district withdraws the offer. Overall, I know that a coach from a successful program was in the running for the Hickory job. However, it is not my business or anyone else’s to put on a message board. Again as I stated before, Glass was not the right fit for Lincolnton. However, I think he is the guy to turn Hickory around .

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
First of all, Coach Glass lives in the Denver area of Lincoln county. Secondly, he did not turned around every program but Lincolnton. There is no doubt if he had stayed longer than maybe with maybe a that fact might have been different. Now the fact is he knows Hickory and understands it is a process. The question for Hickory, will he stay long enough or will they be patient enough to wait for the end result? Every community is unique , just like each coach . So only time will tell.
Lastly, as far as coaches telling others about applications to other areas . I think if the applicant is one hundred percent sure he has been offered and 90% sure the district will approve it . Then he should tell his existing staff. Lastly, he should address his players that he is leaving. This year with COVID, end of course testing and a bizarre year that might not be easy. Once again , it is not black or white. It is a grey area. Some applicants blab then a district withdraws the offer. Overall, I know that a coach from a successful program was in the running for the Hickory job. However, it is not my business or anyone else’s to put on a message board. Again as I stated before, Glass was not the right fit for Lincolnton. However, I think he is the guy to turn Hickory around .
Why would he be the right fit at hickory but not Lincolnton?

Why would he be the right fit at hickory but not Lincolnton?
Hickory has 2 middle schools with a lot of athletes. Lincolnton has one middle school. From my understanding Coach Glass tried to change everything at Lincolnton. I am not saying that a head coach doesn’t have the right. However , for example some people did not like the helmet change. I’m not putting Lincolnton with Shelby. However, what would happen if Shelby’s coach went to a different helmet color? My point is kids can adapt to change . However, adults sometimes do not . Glass is a good coach . Given more athletes his style will work. Hopefully for Hickory’s sake, he learned some things while at Lincolnton. I mean it’s been said on here that he knows Hickory. That it self is an advantage.
Not sure he fully understood Lincolnton’s situation. The Lincolnton people that I talk with say the kids liked him a lot. I’m sure they are hurt right now. Anyway sorry for the long answer Lawndog 2.

Hickory has 2 middle schools with a lot of athletes. Lincolnton has one middle school. From my understanding Coach Glass tried to change everything at Lincolnton. I am not saying that a head coach doesn’t have the right. However , for example some people did not like the helmet change. I’m not putting Lincolnton with Shelby. However, what would happen if Shelby’s coach went to a different helmet color? My point is kids can adapt to change . However, adults sometimes do not . Glass is a good coach . Given more athletes his style will work. Hopefully for Hickory’s sake, he learned some things while at Lincolnton. I mean it’s been said on here that he knows Hickory. That it self is an advantage.
Not sure he fully understood Lincolnton’s situation. The Lincolnton people that I talk with say the kids liked him a lot. I’m sure they are hurt right now. Anyway sorry for the long answer Lawndog 2.
Great insights....thanks buddy.

I say Hickory beats South Caldwell, North Iredell., West Iredell , and Saint. I think Foard , Statesville, East and North Lincoln along with AC beats them. So 5-5 .

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT