ADVERTISEMENT

Hickory Ridge vs Lake Norman

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
4-3 (2-1) Hickory Ridge will take on 6-0 (2-0) Lake Norman.
Hickory Ridge had no problem with South Iredell winning 41-7.
Lake Norman won over West Cabarrus 34-16. West Cabarrus hung in better than I thought they would. They were only down by 7 at HT.
I could see this as a very good football game. If HR is on there game I could see them winning this one. We definitely will learn more after this game. Any thoughts.

Hickory Ridge 35 LN 21

Lake Norman hasn't played anyone n this will be there first real test of the season; LN will have control the clock n limit HR offense. HR does have play well n discipline football if they want to win. Also it depends on who wins the LOS. I don't think LN can score 40 if this game is back n forth imo

Should be a great game

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I’ve seen both play. LN maybe more balanced on offense. I will take LN in is one.
I think the only way LN wins here is they keep HR offense off the field but this is prob the best defense LN has faced. HR had a lot of pressure on Mooresville, they had a fumble recovery n few play for loss in backfield of Mooresville, we will see what LN O line is made of vs HR. If LN can keep HR out of the backfield n get yardage every time then LN will have a solid chance to win but I think HR will be too much for LN in the end imo

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
If HR is the best defense that LN faces... than they have not faced any good defenses. I am not saying HR is terrible on defense but barely average.
Yep, the time I seen them I was not impressed with HR. I said they could lose at least one conference game.

If HR is the best defense that LN faces... than they have not faced any good defenses. I am not saying HR is terrible on defense but barely average.
better then the teams they have played no way i would take west cabarrus, west iredell, north iredell and even statesville defense over Hickory Ridge.

Hickory Ridge won over Lake Norman in JV action 29-28. I believe we could see some good football action in the varsity as well.

34-10 HR, 9:58 left in the 3rd. LN not showing quick strike ability. This would be a very difficult hole to climb out of.

I thought the same that maybe this would be a good game. I believe after the Hickory Ridge loss to Mooresville that HR must of took it out on these last two teams they played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT