ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Wham and Lucky

Chargerforever

Nov 9, 2019
How bad Huss gonna beat Catholic next week with the Catholic transfer in the Huss backfield? You don’t see that often. Player playing for 2 teams in same year. Then meeting in the playoffs. Dang nigh brings tears to your eyes.

Offense is not clicking and Charlotte Catholic defense is looking stout. Don't like this for us. Would have much rather drawn Kings mountain or crest

Offense is not clicking and Charlotte Catholic defense is looking stout. Don't like this for us. Would have much rather drawn Kings mountain or crest
I think the offense will be the huskies downfall again this year in trying to make it to the state finals. I told a friend last year after seeing a regular season game that huss couldn't go to the finals with that offense. If they would have had someone like Matt Beam come in and been the O coordinator ,I would have like their chances against Catholic last year. I have only seen them play once this year and they have the size,speed and aggression to make a run but the offense will hurt the chances.

We got 3 - 6'5 220 pound TE and don't throw the ball to them. Zo got a bad ankle and we running read option with him limping around. We in the I and we got 5 good receivers. Open it up coach!

Maybe you should rest Zo next week and he’d be ready for the 3rd round. I’d put the Catholic transfer in the wildcat and plow behind those tight ends. Wear them Abercrombie & Fitch preppy city boys down. He$l throw in a DX chop. Show them that Championship Belt you couldn’t use at Crest. You got the playbook with the transfer.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Looking in the closet for my anti - DE JA VUE kit....Again, glad to be hosting rather than roadkill...i am surprised the Jags hit paydirt twice on the mighty CC Cougars...i think our defense is playing good ball in lieu of last years great squad..we will see...it will be emotional game for McDowell thats for sure...keeping him North and South will be important....it will come down to consistent playing and coaching....4 or 5 big plays last year was the difference out of a hard fought game....we will have all we want and more....time to ratchet up...i dont watch wrestlin...lol....but i would like another Crack at them Stangs...

Maybe you should rest Zo next week and he’d be ready for the 3rd round. I’d put the Catholic transfer in the wildcat and plow behind those tight ends. Wear them Abercrombie & Fitch preppy city boys down. He$l throw in a DX chop. Show them that Championship Belt you couldn’t use at Crest. You got the playbook with the transfer.
He won’t know anything more than what the Huss coaches don’t already know from last year or from film.

Looking in the closet for my anti - DE JA VUE kit....Again, glad to be hosting rather than roadkill...i am surprised the Jags hit paydirt twice on the mighty CC Cougars...i think our defense is playing good ball in lieu of last years great squad..we will see...it will be emotional game for McDowell thats for sure...keeping him North and South will be important....it will come down to consistent playing and coaching....4 or 5 big plays last year was the difference out of a hard fought game....we will have all we want and more....time to ratchet up...i dont watch wrestlin...lol....but i would like another Crack at them Stangs...
They only scored once on our backups. Had a scoop and score for other score.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Malik is definitely the future. If he doesn't get touches in the run game at least I'd like to see more screens to Malik. I was also like to see him return more punts and kickoffs.

Reactions: Crestuff
Off Subject.

Hey 9496 after that a**whooping yall give my Panthers today I hate to say this.....but..... This Mercedes-Benz Stadium is awesome! Truly Amazing

Reactions: Crest9496
Chances are CC will take the wheels off us on offense. We are not creative enough. They run a good 4-3 cover 2 which stops what we do. Defensively we should be able to shut them down as well. I see a good defensive game but I would think CC 21-Huss 14

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
Good luck ! Hopefully your coach got a good game plan and the kids execute it ! Sounds like we playing a pretty physical team. Guess will each know by halftime Friday . Thanks for the response.

Malik Corry needs more touches for Huss..he is the real threat not McDowell ..
Now this is a kid I have not seen in years. He was a beast in youth football and nice to see he’s still getting it done now on Friday nights.

What about Malaki Coleman does he play for Huss ? He also played against us in youth football. Him and his Dad were good people always enjoyed coaching against them guys

LOL. Nice to see some comedy injected in this thread as well. I needed a good laugh this morning, thanks bud!
I said competitive, not that Weddington JV would win. Lots of size, strength, and talent on Weddington JV coupled with excellent coaching. It would be closer than you think.

Weddington JV could keep CC varsity offense to 1 maybe 2 scores. CC would need to have some defensive scoring to run up the score.

Just looking at the highlight films of the past 3 CC games on MAXPREPS tells me they are ground game heavy and clock control oriented...when they do throw its play action from under center and mostly across the middle as soon as they get to secondary...less mistakes vs. the long ball options...that or their qb doesn't have the arm to light it up...they like to get out on the edges with #2 and usually go offset with a tightend on predictable sweeps...they know their assignments and do it well...mostly they just rely on their big tackles to ground and pound until they throw a curve at you with the play action... team speed will not be in their favor with this quick Huss Defense so this makes the most sense for them by being efficient at what they do...predicting 17 -14 either way...Hoping its my way...

Last edited:
Just looking at the highlight films of the past 3 CC games on MAXPREPS tells me they are ground game heavy and clock control oriented...when they do throw its play action from under center and mostly across the middle as soon as they get to secondary...less mistakes vs. the long ball options...that or their qb doesn't have the arm to light it up...they like to get out on the edges with #2 and usually go offset with a tightend on predictable sweeps...they know their assignments and do it well...mostly they just rely on their big tackles to ground and pound until they throw a curve at you with the play action... team speed will not be in their favor with this quick Huss Defense so this makes the most sense for them by being efficient at what they do...predicting 17 -14 either way...Hoping its my way...
Are we not sure that this is copy and pasted from last years thread? This description fits almost every Catholic team since Oddo took over. Excluding a few with either exceptional QB play or a dominant #1 like a Herlocker or Hood.

Reactions: rockstrong
Are we not sure that this is copy and pasted from last years thread? This description fits almost every Catholic team since Oddo took over. Excluding a few with either exceptional QB play or a dominant #1 like a Herlocker or Hood.

Sounds like when I played............ in 1984

anyone know if this game on radio or live streamed, can't make it to Gastonia tonight but want to tune in. I think this one could be a real close game

anyone know if this game on radio or live streamed, can't make it to Gastonia tonight but want to tune in. I think this one could be a real close game
Usually KTC(I think) does a radio/live stream of the game. Not sure if theyre doing it for this one, they cover mostly Cleveland/Gaston county area.

Reactions: CCougarsfan
They can broadcast it but they will only show the scoreboard as they talk...their loophole so to speak....still dont kno if you will get it as KTC is dedicated to Cleveland County so probably not...

FaceTime it Lucky.. oh and do you feel lucky tonight.. Did Eastwood say that or Shaft, John Shaft.. hey DJ play Shaft theme song to night.. drummer plays a nice high-hat intro in that one...and maybe some Sly and the Family Stone.. damn that was some good music .. Time for my meds their calling

Hey Wham would you please quit talking about Weddington or either transfer.. give me your dang score prediction tonight..

Heck I believe your Scared to say, you got that Big CC recruit back.. I’ll help you !! It’s gonna be CC 14- Huss 10

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT