ADVERTISEMENT

HERTFORD COUNTY 4-1 (2-0) @ NE 4-0 (2-0)

daagoob

Dec 4, 2010
Elizabeth City
The Bears out from HC high school out of Ahoskie NC will be coming to Elizabeth City this Friday night to play the NE Eagles. Both of these teams are undefeated in conference and the only loss between the two teams was a loss by HC to Tarboro. NE is somewhat banged up heading into this game but I think they'll be just fine in. Please if you post in this thread try and stay on topic. No talking about waterfalls, hwy 64, painting cars, or your personal life.😂😂. Just joking, you can talk about whatever you like and won't catch any shade from any of us NE guys. We welcome all posters, even ones from Swo.😁

Not so fast my friend……jk NE sleep walks to victory by 21+ in this one.
I know things, we aren't 100. I'm hoping for a Clinton,Swo,NE,Wrh final four. I think we may see that if covid doesn't mess things up. Reidsville has really been hit hard from the posts I've read

Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers here, but swo probably won't make the playoffs this yr. Jmo

Reactions: dogs79
@Maiden Creek, do you think your team has a chance to win the west?
Of course I do…. It’s a slim chance… but we got a chance. We’ve got 11 that can match up with anybody…and a couple more…. but that’s it. This is a special bunch when it comes to air raid football. When our QB is hot…. We are hard to stop. We have a scrappy RB that can fly and catch too. Our defense is a “bend but don’t break” type defense…..secondary is as a good as any 2a team. Kicking game is above average for a Maiden team.
Maiden will struggle against a platoon team… we are not deep….that has been our Achilles heel for years and years in the later rounds.

But it ain’t over yet!😜

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Of course I do…. It’s a slim chance… but we got a chance. We’ve got 11 that can match up with anybody…and a couple more…. but that’s it. This is a special bunch when it comes to air raid football. When our QB is hot…. We are hard to stop. We have a scrappy RB that can fly and catch too. Our defense is a “bend but don’t break” type defense…..secondary is as a good as any 2a team. Kicking game is above average for a Maiden team.
Maiden will struggle against a platoon team… we are not deep….that has been our Achilles heel for years and years in the later rounds.

But it ain’t over yet!😜
Well I hope you start a thread up here for your game. Are there any videos on YouTube of this seasons team?

Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers here, but swo probably won't make the playoffs this yr. Jmo
Given the new playoff system and now using the RPIs it is possible. Kinston game this week is huge for both teams. SWO wins this one, they should win the next two (SL, JK) and that would set up a big game with ED last week of season. A loss and it becomes more difficult. Kinston still has a game with WRH so a loss here might mean a 4th place finish.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
A few key stats from the Holmes game

Melson (Jr) 16-23 330 yards

NE as a team ran the ball 12 times for a total of 67 yards.

Freshwater (sr) & Flech (sr) had 6 sacks between the two of them

Rising star Devaughan Bell (so) led the defense with 11 tackles

Shamar Sutton (Jr) continues to impress with 9 receptions for 215yds

As a team NE defense racked up 9 sacks for a 62 yard loss

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Do you think this year's QB can throw the rock like that QB
Yes sir, he has a stronger arm even though he's a little fella. He's getting better every game, he's going to be the best throwing QB we've ever had. John take a look at the eye popping numbers our little receiver Shamar Sutton (Jr) #3 is putting up. This kids father is one of the assistant coaches. He has lightning quick speed and better moves than Holden Hodge (QB) had a couple seasons ago. He's so small that he's hard to tackle and if our QB even gets the ball close to him he will catch it. It's the yardage after the catch that's impressive. Even though he's small he's already drawn the attention of a lot of schools. This is one to keep an eye on, he's going to do big things. Coach's son, high IQ, just a pure athlete.

Yes sir, he has a stronger arm even though he's a little fella. He's getting better every game, he's going to be the best throwing QB we've ever had. John take a look at the eye popping numbers our little receiver Shamar Sutton (Jr) #3 is putting up. This kids father is one of the assistant coaches. He has lightning quick speed and better moves than Holden Hodge (QB) had a couple seasons ago. He's so small that he's hard to tackle and if our QB even gets the ball close to him he will catch it. It's the yardage after the catch that's impressive. Even though he's small he's already drawn the attention of a lot of schools. This is one to keep an eye on, he's going to do big things. Coach's son, high IQ, just a pure athlete.
I checked him out. Very big #'s. I know you checked Kanye's #'s. Big time!

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
What you think?
I think it's to early to tell. Their numbers are great but the competition has been weak. I saw Kanye play against NMB and he looked amazing, but I told y'all back then that NMB didn't look good imo. He can't control who Coach Motsinger schedules, all he can control is how he plays and he hasn't disappointed. Our coach likes his game and thinks the kid is legit so that's good enough for me. I told you before, I wish he played for us. As far as the kid from Chase I honestly know nothing other than hes put up some record breaking numbers against maybe the easiest sos in the state. Mitjonta Stanley did that at Holmes last year in 1a. Im hoping for a Wrh/NE eastern championship here in Elizabeth City and I think we're going to see it.

On the season Kaveon Freshwater is averaging almost 3 sacks a game. Jamison Fletcher leads the team in total tackles at 36 while Fresh comes in with 35. Fresh has 11 sacks in 4 games for an 88ydl. Fletch has 6.5 sacks in 4 games for a 41 ydl. Freshwater is on another level, I love his game and we're blessed to have him for one final.year. What a special player. Hopefully he'll get a full ride at a good D1 program.

Goob, you said Freshwater was going to be great as a freshman. You were right. Sometimes it's easy to recognize talent and almost always shows up on paper. Big fan of his brother also. I see coach Moore got you earning that info he been letting you hold.

Goob, you said Freshwater was going to be great as a freshman. You were right. Sometimes it's easy to recognize talent and almost always shows up on paper. Big fan of his brother also. I see coach Moore got you earning that info he been letting you hold.
#10 Devaughan Bell
Remember that name, he is only a sophomore but is a rising star. I love the Freshwater family, what a great family. Such good kids, I'll never forget Traveon Freshwater reaching out to the Reidsville player. @dogs79 if we get a chance to play each other your favorite player on our team will be #3 Shamar Sutton. Shake n Bake, the kid has crazy moves and is illusive. I remember how much you liked Hodge our little QB. This kid is so light on his feet, he dances on air literally. Well if both our teams were to meet I can promise you I will be a nervous wreck. I will be having flashbacks to Javonte, that Kanye kid worries me. I'm still going to Kinston, I look forward to seeing both teams in person. I know it will be a closer game than many think.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
#10 Devaughan Bell
Remember that name, he is only a sophomore but is a rising star. I love the Freshwater family, what a great family. Such good kids, I'll never forget Traveon Freshwater reaching out to the Reidsville player. @dogs79 if we get a chance to play each other your favorite player on our team will be #3 Shamar Sutton. Shake n Bake, the kid has crazy moves and is illusive. I remember how much you liked Hodge our little QB. This kid is so light on his feet, he dances on air literally. Well if both our teams were to meet I can promise you I will be a nervous wreck. I will be having flashbacks to Javonte, that Kanye kid worries me. I'm still going to Kinston, I look forward to seeing both teams in person. I know it will be a closer game than many think.
I know it's your thread but I got WRH/Kinston a high scoring game with my Dogs 3+ tds

Reactions: daagoob
I know it's your thread but I got WRH/Kinston a high scoring game with my Dogs 3+ tds
Come on John now you know we (NE posters) don't care about what anyone talks about. You can talk about the Wrh Bulldogs, ECC, tennis, golf, Reidsville,Swo, it's all for entertainment. We don't take it to serious over here. I know James Davis well and I know he doesn't care. I don't see Wrh winning by 3 plus TD's, that's just not happening. If it does I'll eat my crow. If Kinston plays the way they played us last year then the Dogs will be in for a fight. That team had size,speed,and athletes. I honestly didn't think we would win. It'll be a one possession game and may come down to special teams. My only question is whether Kinston can contain Kanye, and can Wrh shut down the passing attack of Kinston.

Reactions: UNC91
Come on John now you know we (NE posters) don't care about what anyone talks about. You can talk about the Wrh Bulldogs, ECC, tennis, golf, Reidsville,Swo, it's all for entertainment. We don't take it to serious over here. I know James Davis well and I know he doesn't care. I don't see Wrh winning by 3 plus TD's, that's just not happening. If it does I'll eat my crow. If Kinston plays the way they played us last year then the Dogs will be in for a fight. That team had size,speed,and athletes. I honestly didn't think we would win. It'll be a one possession game and may come down to special teams. My only question is whether Kinston can contain Kanye, and can Wrh shut down the passing attack of Kinston.
Kinston could have beaten ed. I watched most of the 2nd half. Im concerned about stopping their passing game. I mean swo and south lenior had some success throwing-im sure Kinston will too. I think we can out score em tho. I don't see us running away with it tho. Their home field too. This bulldog team starting to remind me of 2017 squad. If we lose, we'll beat ourselves. Jmo

The answer is no to both. We got our 300 yd a game back, Farrior no 2 back healthy, got ant that runs with strength,QB able to complete passes. Just too many weapons for Kinston to keep up. It will be a different game against Northeastern. Y'all got much better defense than Kinston

The answer is no to both. We got our 300 yd a game back, Farrior no 2 back healthy, got ant that runs with strength,QB able to complete passes. Just too many weapons for Kinston to keep up. It will be a different game against Northeastern. Y'all got much better defense than Kinston
We will go as far as our defense takes us. I'm not lying, our D line is very good. Our offense isn't as explosive as last year's, not at this point anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT