ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again in Lumberton.....

S2V2

Feb 28, 2018
The Billionaire Coach resigns as of today.
One thing for sure money doesn't equal wins

The 2nd time in 6 years a coach has been let go during the season

ADAM DEESE will be the
The 3rd coach in three years
The 8th coach in 16 years
The 12th coach in 33 years
The 14th coach in 39 years with 6 winning seasons

141 games in 39 years

All I can say is ....Good Luck

Pretty sad he can't make it for 4 more games unless its a health issue with him or his family.

This is pretty damning statement by a hs kid:
“We always looked as Coach Deese as the head coach because of the stuff he did with us and Kelly didn’t do with us,” senior lineman Michael Todd said. “We are going to respect him more and buy into what he has to do. But at the end of the day we have our eyes on the prize.”

Not sure if that is out of frustration or the truth but man does that sting! Folks wonder why the kid that is at MC left Lumberton where this is a probably a part of it. They run through coaches like a baby runs through pampers!

“To whom it may concern: This letter is to inform you that I am retiring as of today, October 14, 2019, as Lumberton Senior High School football coach. Thank you.”

Wow

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
See what happens when you turn away qualified coaches to hire a good ole boy from the old neighborhood.....he walks out on you. Let's hope this is a lesson learned when it's time for the next hire!!

Reactions: Steelers71
If Lumberton and PS can get it together.... there could be no argument that the SAC is the best conf. I'm really hoping for the best for both schools... (iron sharpens iron)

The Swett coach did not resign, he was put in place as the interim. I assume for only this year.
The Lumberton coach had no control of the team if his players are calling him by his first name.

At the end of day.It comes down to talent an Athletes.An Lumberton has neither.Go Fairmont

How can Fairmont, Red Springs, and St. Pauls {2a schools} can get it together with less personnel, better than Lumberton and Purnell Swett, with more personnel????

Itz because we have more talent than Lumberton.Fairmont can’t compete with Scotland or Richmond in football.But basketball 4a school r not on our level.Thaz honest opinion.

The new coach at ps sweet .the one and only s2v or
Whatever he b callin. Himself

This is pretty damning statement by a hs kid:
“We always looked as Coach Deese as the head coach because of the stuff he did with us and Kelly didn’t do with us,” senior lineman Michael Todd said. “We are going to respect him more and buy into what he has to do. But at the end of the day we have our eyes on the prize.”

Not sure if that is out of frustration or the truth but man does that sting! Folks wonder why the kid that is at MC left Lumberton where this is a probably a part of it. They run through coaches like a baby runs through pampers!

What exactly is the prize? A win? They obviously didn't buy into the kool aid coach was serving. On one hand he had to instill a new culture and last year they had issues with kids buying in. Sometimes you have to cut some loose to set the tone of expectations in your program. This was not done from what I have been told either. They have some big kids there and some good skill athletes. Need to establish culture of winning, work ethic, dedication to get it turned around. And it won't happen overnight with their history of futility. And playing in the SAC.

I've heard from a reliable source kids there are out of control. No respect,they have talent there, but play in tuff conf. It will take a special coach to turn it around. I think they will.

I'm applying nothing better than working with disrespectful kids! The guy for that job resides in laurinburg. He would demand and earn respect day 1 or their collective asses would not play. Would hate to see him leave but Charles Gunnings is going to be a very good head coach if wants to be and given the opportunity.

Lumberton or Purnell Sweat could not beat Whiteville.Itz a small 2a. U can’t win at Lumberton.

Lumberton used to be much better in football. I can only wish them the best. Things seem to run in cycles. Maybe they will come back around. Good luck PIRATES.

Over 2000 students.Cant find 22 athletes to play football.The politics r heavy in Robeson County Schools.

Shoot, they may decide to shut down the school and displace kids at the last minute to other schools. RobCo hasn't a clue how to run a school system.

That weight room is not safe for kids to be working out on. School board needs to be replaced my friends,that's where financial resonsibilities start and end. Where have they been for years it seems? Sweat should be able to get special moneies from state and federal funds for native American heritage . Last time I was at South Robeson high it looked like school from the 80 s . Not nocking them just being real. As far as Lumberton coaching it will take alot to get kids respect and want to do what's possible to turn things around. It sounds to me that Kelly had enough with no light at end of tunnel . Asst coaches need to support head coach all times or get hell out of Lumberton coaching,period. Just saying. It's going on at alot of schools not just Lumberton. It all starts at home teaching kids to have and show respect to teachers,coaches. I love the game,and hate to see any program in desperate needs.

Is PSRC in a huge financial crisis? Are they in the hole? Is this one reason or may be the major reason why they shut down South Robeson High School?

Does PSRC have 10 people in the boat all rowing in different directions and the 10th man is in the back with a drill putting a hole in the boat?

Dont know where or how exactly the virus came about but there has to be a clean up to this whole mess. Lumberton has one of the largest numbers in students and yet they have one of the lowest winning seasons in football...heck maybe in sports as a whole

Take Purnell Swett. I support them. And yes I am going t use "I" with a capital letter. Yes I am retired....SO WHAT. I was doing just as much if not more advocacy when I was working my 6:30-7 myself. No excuses.......

There are other parents out there and supporting but what I am saying is there should be a village coming out. PSHS and LSHS are at some times just dead, dried up, and there is no momentum. Seems like the community does not want to support during these loosing streaks, yet let a winning season come along and people come out of the woods. People you have never seen. People that will show up right before the club hours. People that will say "thats my cousin boys".

During these storm all you hear is complaints. All you see is finger pointing from folks who haven't participated as fans, as parents, as boosters, as alumni or most importantly as committed community members. All you observe are bleacher coaches. This is not fair to the kids.

Parents need to also step up and do their job at home. I recognize that as a parent with a job this is difficult, but the best parents are committed to having the best children. Most of these kids in Robeson County have talent and they show it on the field. Yet their attitude and class work ethics speaks a different language. These characteristics are forged at home in the value systems in which they are reared.

If anyone wants to see a difference in Pembroke or Lumberton then get your tail out of bed, off the couch, join the Booster Club and lets create something that has never been done before. People want to talk the talk but never want to walk in the storm.

Take Purnell Swett's 25x20 Weight Room Gym. What has the PSRC board done about this? I know people that graduated from Purnell Swett in the 1990s and it still looks the same. Purnell Swett has a score board that needs a face lift and still the same. The Goal Post look like Elementary stuff yet nothing has been done. The community needs to come together and speak up. When will this Weight Room and Football facility receive a face lift?

With PSRC School Board Elections coming in 2020. 7 out of 11 positions will be up for election. Remember all of these issues when you vote and please vote.

in all of this there are quite a few questions and lots of responsibility is shared by many parties. Elected officials are responsible for equitable distribution of resources and communities are justified in asking IS THIS BEING DONE?

Yes parents have jobs and responsibilities to attend to in life. As the parent of three, I, however maintain that our greatest responsibility is to our children and to their development as citizens who will enrich the world thru education. I consider involvement in sports as a substantial component of the educational experience.

in all areas of life we are being forced to do more with less, but let's not have our students and children in the long run pay for this.

Is it time for our communities to raise funds to offset some of these shortfalls and the inadequacies that we see in our athletic programs? Some business contribute already, but is it time for those fans, parents, boosters, alumni and community members to open our wallets and make the difference ourselves?
old-rusty-gym-equipment.jpg

OHC-copy-4.jpg

Is PSRC in a huge financial crisis? Are they in the hole? Is this one reason or may be the major reason why they shut down South Robeson High School?

Does PSRC have 10 people in the boat all rowing in different directions and the 10th man is in the back with a drill putting a hole in the boat?

Dont know where or how exactly the virus came about but there has to be a clean up to this whole mess. Lumberton has one of the largest numbers in students and yet they have one of the lowest winning seasons in football...heck maybe in sports as a whole

Take Purnell Swett. I support them. And yes I am going t use "I" with a capital letter. Yes I am retired....SO WHAT. I was doing just as much if not more advocacy when I was working my 6:30-7 myself. No excuses.......

There are other parents out there and supporting but what I am saying is there should be a village coming out. PSHS and LSHS are at some times just dead, dried up, and there is no momentum. Seems like the community does not want to support during these loosing streaks, yet let a winning season come along and people come out of the woods. People you have never seen. People that will show up right before the club hours. People that will say "thats my cousin boys".

During these storm all you hear is complaints. All you see is finger pointing from folks who haven't participated as fans, as parents, as boosters, as alumni or most importantly as committed community members. All you observe are bleacher coaches. This is not fair to the kids.

Parents need to also step up and do their job at home. I recognize that as a parent with a job this is difficult, but the best parents are committed to having the best children. Most of these kids in Robeson County have talent and they show it on the field. Yet their attitude and class work ethics speaks a different language. These characteristics are forged at home in the value systems in which they are reared.

If anyone wants to see a difference in Pembroke or Lumberton then get your tail out of bed, off the couch, join the Booster Club and lets create something that has never been done before. People want to talk the talk but never want to walk in the storm.

Take Purnell Swett's 25x20 Weight Room Gym. What has the PSRC board done about this? I know people that graduated from Purnell Swett in the 1990s and it still looks the same. Purnell Swett has a score board that needs a face lift and still the same. The Goal Post look like Elementary stuff yet nothing has been done. The community needs to come together and speak up. When will this Weight Room and Football facility receive a face lift?

With PSRC School Board Elections coming in 2020. 7 out of 11 positions will be up for election. Remember all of these issues when you vote and please vote.

in all of this there are quite a few questions and lots of responsibility is shared by many parties. Elected officials are responsible for equitable distribution of resources and communities are justified in asking IS THIS BEING DONE?

Yes parents have jobs and responsibilities to attend to in life. As the parent of three, I, however maintain that our greatest responsibility is to our children and to their development as citizens who will enrich the world thru education. I consider involvement in sports as a substantial component of the educational experience.

in all areas of life we are being forced to do more with less, but let's not have our students and children in the long run pay for this.

Is it time for our communities to raise funds to offset some of these shortfalls and the inadequacies that we see in our athletic programs? Some business contribute already, but is it time for those fans, parents, boosters, alumni and community members to open our wallets and make the difference ourselves?
old-rusty-gym-equipment.jpg

OHC-copy-4.jpg
Well written and I agree .. It's time for the community to step in and make changes .. Both Purnell Swett and Lumberton are in my prayers ..

Those aren't really the weight room pictures, right? I mean I wouldn't be too surprised given the economy in RobCo. I'm sure they need some upgrades though.

Reactions: bronco_18
Those aren't really the weight room pictures, right? I mean I wouldn't be too surprised given the economy in RobCo. I'm sure they need some upgrades though.
The picture is a joke buthonestly speaking the weight room is old and small at Purnell Swett.

Meanwhile, here is Pinecrest
Weight-Room.jpg

PinecrestHS3-250x250.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I've been in Pinecrest weight room. It's probably the best in the state. That FCA money is great!

I've been in Pinecrest weight room. It's probably the best in the state. That FCA money is great!
FCA?
I thought it was a business that payed it off, but did not want to be announced?!?

Such a beautiful facility

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT