ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville Football

wncfootballjunkie5870

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2014
The Bearcats out of Hendersonville are looking scary good for the next decade or so, even though they are losing a good amount of resourceful seniors, I believe this year made Hendersonville a contender for a 2a state championship. Anyone else thoughts about the team?

Not as long as Reidsville , Shelby, East Lincolnton , SW Onslow, Carver, Lincolnton are in 2A. Hendersonville will never see the 3rd round in this decade. 3rd round and up you will always see the same teams there.

Originally posted by Stanimallector:
Not as long as Reidsville , Shelby, East Lincolnton , SW Onslow, Carver, Lincolnton are in 2A. Hendersonville will never see the 3rd round in this decade. 3rd round and up you will always see the same teams there.
Dude, Hendersonville has a load of resources and athletes at it's disposal, as many as the above you have mentioned, but they have long been troubled in the last 15 years or so, at maximizing that and getting all these kids out for football. I think having Gash as the coach now, will really help that but the effects could be a few seasons.

Now I am not sure what the OP is trying to say, but as for your post, Hendersonville could absolutely model a program like Asheville, on a smaller scale with the right culture.

If you're saying Hendersonville doesn't have athletes look at the Cleary kid, runs a solid 4.38 and led the nation in recieving yards, Hendersonville has a whole bunch of athletes to use

Originally posted by wncfootballjunkie5870:
The Bearcats out of Hendersonville are looking scary good for the next decade or so, even though they are losing a good amount of resourceful seniors, I believe this year made Hendersonville a contender for a 2a state championship. Anyone else thoughts about the team?
There is no way in the world to be able to tell if you are gonna be "scary good" for the next decade. Most of us don't even know what our teams will look like next year, let alone in 2024. Also, you think a 7-5 2014 season made Hendersonville a contender for a 2a state championship? You lose Cleary which is 1,800 yards right there you have to replace next year.

10376326_816480491728229_2825897210379270988_n.jpg

Been to Hendersonville many times in the last few months and was really surprised by what I saw. The town is growing as fast as Asheville and most of the new people moving in are upper middle class and from out of state so you can expect some good athletes to move into the area, especially if they have the right coach and he can get the kids out for football. Hendersonville reminds me of Northern Guilford in the fact that money and good resources will draw the out of area kids.

Originally posted by BigRam44:
Been to Hendersonville many times in the last few months and was really surprised by what I saw. The town is growing as fast as Asheville and most of the new people moving in are upper middle class and from out of state so you can expect some good athletes to move into the area, especially if they have the right coach and he can get the kids out for football. Hendersonville reminds me of Northern Guilford in the fact that money and good resources will draw the out of area kids.
Hendersonville isn't growing anywhere near as fast Asheville and the majority of the people moving here, are retirees. However, Hendersonville does have a great demographic of athletes but isn't necessarily getting all those kids out for football. One thing about Gash is that he can relate a lot better to the kids they need to target because let's face it, he is African American, young and a previous football star who played at Carolina. Being able to tap that potential at Hendersonville, could prove wonders for that program.

Hendersonville is a very unique district in that they draw some of the richest kids out of the gated communities around Hendersonville, and some of the poorest kids in the county out of the public housing sectors in Hendersonville. No doubt they have every resource you can think of, they just need somebody to tap into that potential.

I just think that with the talented freshmen and sophomores that played for the varsity team will mature much faster and give Hendersonville chances to do something but, plus they're middle school from this past year finished 11-0 and won their conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT