ADVERTISEMENT

HCA wins Crusader Cup!

salmon5

Mar 27, 2003
HCA 26 Trinity 16

Original Crusaders win the final "Crusader Cup" in a great game of football. Clem Butler with over 150 yards and Zack Johnson with over 100 yards.

Great game!

Hey Chris.....Mr. John does not keep stats....but I do...what do you want to know about our defense?

"Mrs. Kim"

bandit, come on bro'. you know it was just another case of typical harrells home cookin!! lol. congrats. look forward to seeing your boys in the playoffs.

Well officiated game. Probably the only football game I have ever seen where there wasn't one single holding call. Hats off to Trinity players and staff. They are very tough.

congrats to hca on the win, i was at the bulldog game so Dean Wells kept me posted.

Congratulations.........

to HCA, their coaches and players on a well deserved win. We have had our issues in the past but it was the best officiated game that we have had at Harrells. Coach Lewis and Coach Rumbold executed a great game plan and HCA's kids earned it on the field with their play. That may be the last time we play Harrells in football, but it ended the right way with both teams playing the good, clean football.

Harrells has improved every week that I have seen on tape. They are smart and they play as a team. They are well coached and have a great crowd to play in front of. They are in the driver seats and the state championship will once again go through Harrells.

The Crusader Cup was a great concept that has come to an end. Each team won at home over the five year period(HCA3/TCS2). I think in the end, it was good for both schools and the league. I know our kids looked forward to it each year.

Heath
This post was edited on 10/15 12:40 AM by HeathVandyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Re: Congratulations.........

"Harrells has improved every week that I have seen on tape. They are smart and they play as a team", a characteristic of every Bob Lewis coached team.

Re: Congratulations.........

Congrats to Coach Lewis and Coach Rumbold on a Harrells win last night...I heard it was a hard fought and close game...looks like Coach Lewis has got the guys over there on the right track...keep up the excellent work!

Harrells Christian 26, Trinity Christian 16

HC - Clem Butler 1 run (run failed)

TC - Bernard Ferguson 39 run (Ferguson pass from Thomas McKinley)

HC - Zack Johnson 5 run (pass failed)

HC - Johnson 25 run (pass failed)

HC - Butler 2 run (Taylor Bullard run)

TC - Michael Farmer 3 run (Farmer run)

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

Rushing: Trinity - Ferguson 12-102, Terrance Robinson 10-57, Farmer 4-13, Walter Williams 4-6; Harrells - Butler 21-155, Johnson 20-122, James Phillips 5-12

Passing: Trinity - Williams 6-15-1 50, McKinley 0-2-0 0, Ferguson 0-1-0 0; Harrells - Bullard 2-6-2 62

Receiving: Trinity - Dane Williams 2-29, Ferguson 2-28, Famer 2-(-7); Harrells - Butler 1-34, Johnson 1-28

Records: Trinity Christian 6-3; Harrells Christian 8-1

I agree, if Clem can stay healthy over the rest fo this year and the next two years he definently has the ability to play at the next level.

hey bandit, congrats again, i know how much you and your boys wanted this one. don't go to sleep. you may see tca again! sounds like johnson is becoming the player you talked about last yr. if he hits and runs 1/2 as hard as his pop, then you gotcha a player for the next couple of years.

It's TCS, and you're right If the stars line up correctly - and based on the season's games and what the seedings look like with 1 week to go - we will see them again. This TEAM has played like a TEAM over the span of 3 1/2 games, and if they can continue to play as a TEAM, their potential "knows no bounds". Thought you'd like a good ol' Doc Holliday quote from Tombstone.

good luck tonite crusaders. don't waste all your hard work and last weeks big win. hey bandit, "en vino veritas!!" yes, i do like my doc, however, i think ringo had some equally good/appropriate lines. one that if your prediction earlier this morning comes to fruition i'll drop on you. until that just remember "i got 2 guns. 1 for each of ya."

Aight that sounds like a plan. Im hittin the Weights and "Bobby boot camp" helps too. But yeah we gotta hit the cage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT