ADVERTISEMENT

HCA New Football Coach

tackle52

Oct 29, 2006
Any word on who is in line for new football coach. What about Dr. John Ward? That single wing would work good at HCA not a lot of talent but good, smart, hardworking, coachable kids might just work for the crusaders.

they already have someone on staff that knows football, knows how that school works, and knows a thing or two about winning state championships as a player and a coach.

Will Rumbold wasa named interim Athletic Director at Harrells and the school would be hard pressed to find a better man or the full time job than he.

well what was Coach Holley doing at the school monday walking around with Bob Lewis? Heard he was in the weight room and touring the campus and that is from someone that goes to school at HCA. man money will make you do some crazy things sometimes.

First off, I have no idea who the new coach will be, but what would be crazy about him taking the job? Christian environment, winning tradition, much less stressful job for an older football coach, loyal fans who will never question your coaching, very intelligent kids, etc, etc...You're right, one would have to be crazy to be at a place like that.

ps

Will Rumbold deserves the AD job. This guy is the epitome of class. You will not find a better Christian, family man, or loyal supporter.

Yeah I know I agree, you would have to be crazy. If someone offered me that kind amount of money I would take the job too. It's all about the money these days.

Sam, I agree with most of what you say except the comment about "parents not questioning your coaching" comment. Every school, including HCA, has parents that will question.

Regarding the coaching position and Will R. He is indeed a class act and bleeds HCA green and gold when he gets a cut. I do not know of his coaching prowess in football yet I sense he would keep the discipline in the program and would treat the kids fairly and with respect. I also sense that he would stay at HCA forever and that is an important component when deciding whom to name as a coach of a program.

Yet with that said, sometimes decision makers have a difficult time making these decisions especially IF there may be parent supporters that may financially contribute (is HCA not building a new 8-10 million dollar auditorium/gymnasium complex) that may not be comfortable with an unproven, young kid. Those financially supportive parents can have some weight in "bringing in the proven winner". Look at the most recent hires. Coaches Lewis, Seagroves and Stephenson all had a past history of success. If I were making the decision, which I am not, I would value loyalty, youth and enthusiasm.

^^^you just descibed the interim ad. he bleeds green and gold. i can promise the people that make the final decision they will not find anyone, anywhere more dedicated to that school.

It is between Wilmington and Clinton in southeastern Sampson County on Highway 421.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT