ADVERTISEMENT

HC Opening in the SMC

Per game as of now. Working with verizon for a package on away games. I think it should be a season package, that way if their players hurt or quits we still have their money

Last edited:
All is coming into focus! The reason for the delay in finding a coach is that HHS has asked the state to extend the play clock so that they can usher in a NEW ERA in high school football. Here is what it will look like:

Hayesville fans will be given a chance to rent an iPad at each game. They will be charged a pregame fee for each of the following apps:

Lane Kiffin app. They can vote on which play to call. The play with the highest count gets run. Fee $50 per night.

Brent Venables app. Again they vote for scheme and coverage. Fee $25 per night.

Bill Belichick app. Fans can make major decisions such as FG? Accept penalties? Punt on 4th or go for It? Fee $100 per night. Fans will get a 30% discount on hoodies.

The make my son a star app. Fans can make substitutions. $250 per vote.

Based on an initial survey the generated revenue is expected to be 1.8 million.
sad part about it is that i know some parents that would probably pay that lol.

very well known in the community and will be a great coach for the jackets. excited to see the future ahead!

Reactions: Koolaid24
Help me understand something.

This job came open in late October to early November. The school system waits until late December to post the job opening.

Interviews begin somewhere around January 18th based on posts on this board.

Several coaches cancel or have their interviews cancelled because of communication issues according to this board.

Those that interviewed were interviewed by a committee which included the man just named head coach.

If you knew you were going to hire him, why wait 2 months to post the job, another month to start interviews, and almost another month from the first interviews to announce you've hired a man who was on the committee to decide who to hire? Why not hire him back in November? Did they botch the process so bad nobody wanted the job?

I'm sure he is a great guy but something seems confusing here.

Reactions: mbdfan and BK13T-$

This job came open in late October to early November. The school system waits until late December to post the job opening.

Several coaches cancel or have their interviews cancelled because of communication issues according to this board.

Those that interviewed were interviewed by a committee which included the man just named head coach.

If you knew you were going to hire him, why wait 2 months to post the job, another month to start interviews, and almost another month from the first interviews to announce you've hired a man who was on the committee to decide who to hire? Why not hire him back in November? Did they botch the process so bad nobody wanted the job?

nothing to be confused about hayesvilles choices where slim to none in hiring a head coach with great knowledge about football and no one was going to step up from inside the school to take the job after dockery resigned. I don't know what was said and agreed upon but there had to be level ground between the staff and superintendent for chad to take this job he loves hayesville and will give everything he has to make hayesville a winning football program. It honestly was the only step forward they could make without everyone saying oh he is a temp or another 3 and out. It will be different this time around, god bless coach mcclure and his entire family i know it was a difficult decision to make.

I agree with dom on this one what a heck of a hire for Hayesville

A lot of future Mcclure’s to be playing football in the coming years probably had a lot to do with this

Reactions: everyonelovesSMC

I believe he actually turned the job down to begin with and then the interviews didn’t pan out! Yes he was on the committee to interview but the committee did not set the interviews up! He stepped up to take over, when the committee didn’t like the choices they had before them! I am a little younger than coach McClure but he is a great guy with a passion for coaching. If anything went wrong with the process it was done from higher up!

Reactions: smcdom123
After waiting so long and hearing some bad things I was worried Hayesville or should I say our superintendent would screw up this hire. I couldnt be more surprised or happier what a perfect hire. When they forced Dockery out I didn't know if there was a good hire they could make. Chad McClure is the perfect hire. I just pray they give him the necessary time it takes to build a program because I have zero doubt he is the man to do it. Home run hire for Hayesville I am not sure if there is anyone that could be better.

Congratulations and best of luck to coach McClure and the jacket fan base. Someone with some insight to the program can you answer a few questions?
1. What are the terms of his contract and I’m not interested in the money side.
2. What are the expectations in the hive and how many games can you win next year if the injury bug don’t bite you again.
Good luck coach McClure

Big Oak, I don't know the terms of his contract. Expectations are very low considering how many games Hayesville has won since 2007, with that said optimistic. Chad is someone that can build relationships with players and get kids interested in football again. He can develop young raw talent. This is no knock on Dockery, He's a great coach. They really need to have discipline on both sides of the ball. And I'm sure most of you watched Hayesville would note. They have had stupid penalties for unsportsmanlike conducts and so on. I believe McClure can help with that.

With that said the non conference schedule is favorable for Hayesville next year. I believe they play Towns (which they don't know if they will have a varsity team on 10 total kids). Tellico Plains, TN (just fired their head coach) and a few more teams of that caliber. Could be 5-0 off the start or maybe 1-4. Who knows that's why they play the games

Big Oak, I don't know the terms of his contract. Expectations are very low considering how many games Hayesville has won since 2007, with that said optimistic. Chad is someone that can build relationships with players and get kids interested in football again. He can develop young raw talent. This is no knock on Dockery, He's a great coach. They really need to have discipline on both sides of the ball. And I'm sure most of you watched Hayesville would note. They have had stupid penalties for unsportsmanlike conducts and so on. I believe McClure can help with that.

With that said the non conference schedule is favorable for Hayesville next year. I believe they play Towns (which they don't know if they will have a varsity team on 10 total kids). Tellico Plains, TN (just fired their head coach) and a few more teams of that caliber. Could be 5-0 off the start or maybe 1-4. Who knows that's why they play the games
Thank you sir, wishing nothing but the best for the jackets, I’d love to see the SMC get back to no easy outs.

Reactions: smcdom123
McClure is doing above expected. Getting alot of kids at workouts. Last I heard the numbers were around the ballpark of 30 for Varsity and 23 for J.V. in the weight-room. That's with both Middle school and Varsity baseball on going. McClure has already gotten the support from the Hayesville community. Could be the works of a good turn around for Hayesville. But honestly being .500 would be a great improvement

Reactions: 13bc9fc
Ok, I don't know McClure myself and have nothing bad to say about him, however I'm sitting back and reading these post and have first hand knowledge about the schools process in all of the candidates that they interviewed. By saying that some of the candidates were not qualified or the board was not satisfied with the candidates is not true at all. What I have truly come to find out it does not matter the experience or background of anybody that was interviewed, the last name of the person hired is what got him the job. There is a long history there if you have been here all of your life everyone should know this! fare is fare! I wish coach McClure much success and hope that he have great season. we will see.

Ok, I don't know McClure myself and have nothing bad to say about him, however I'm sitting back and reading these post and have first hand knowledge about the schools process in all of the candidates that they interviewed. By saying that some of the candidates were not qualified or the board was not satisfied with the candidates is not true at all. What I have truly come to find out it does not matter the experience or background of anybody that was interviewed, the last name of the person hired is what got him the job. There is a long history there if you have been here all of your life everyone should know this! fare is fare! I wish coach McClure much success and hope that he have great season. we will see.
Well your first hand knowledge is the farthest from the truth it could be!!! Just you saying that in itself discredits your knowledge completely! The McClure name had nothing to do with it. He was the best choice to takeover. No one ever said the candidates didn’t have the credentials, they just didn’t feel they were the right man for the job! If you knew anything about Chad McClure you would know he has never tried to use his name to get a leg up at anything. He was offered the job and turned it down at the beginning of the search! I also see that you just joined today (or made your second account today) glad to have you (or glad to see you again) lol!!! And by the way the McClure name doesn’t get you as much as you think trust me I have first hand knowledge of how that works;);):D!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
Well, I've never seen someone on a committee interview potential candidates then end up getting the job that they were interviewing people for. Some would say that would be a conflict of interest, but what do I know I've only been the director of a college before. I guess this is just high school. If you keep doing the same thing and hiring from within you're going to get the same results. Look at the programs like Murphy and Robbinsville. Clearly there is something that they are doing differently. So, if someone turns down the offer for a position that means they didn't want the position in the first place but all at once ok I will take the position. Really! Don't get upset. Last year we gave up 49 points to Murphy, the year before 56 points, year before that 55, 2015 gave up 54, 2014 49, 2013 gave up 55 and 49, 2012 gave up 55, 2011 gave up 49, 2010 gave up 56, 2009 gave up 69, 2008 gave up 63, 2007 gave up 64! These are facts!!!! But I guess we all forgot about that! 2004 to 2019 6 coaches! 5 different coaches since 2009 and how long has he been working there? But understand you can't get upset everybody has a right to their opinion, so what's been done has been done. We will see what happens

Last edited:
Well, I've never seen someone on a committee interview potential candidates then end up getting the job that they were interviewing people for. Some would say that would be a conflict of interest, but what do I know I've only been the Director of a college before. I guess this is just high school. If you keep doing the same thing and hiring from within you're going to get the same results. Look at the programs like Murphy and Robbinsville clearly there is something that they are doing differently. So, if someone turns down the offer for a position that means they didn't want the position in the first place but all at once ok I will take the position. Really! Don't get upset. Last year we gave up 49 point to Murphy, the year before 56 point, year before that 55, 2015 gave up 54, 2014 49, 2013 gave up 55 and 49, 2012 gave up 55, 2011 gave up 49, 2010 gave up 56, 2009 gave up 69, 2008 gave up 63, 2007 gave up 64! These are facts!!!! But I guess we all forgot about that! 2004 to 2009 6 coaches! 5 different coaches since 2009 and how long has he been working there. But understand you can't get upset everybody have a right to there opinion, so what's been done have been done. we will see what happens
Dang......that's alot of points

Well, I've never seen someone on a committee interview potential candidates then end up getting the job that they were interviewing people for. Some would say that would be a conflict of interest, but what do I know I've only been the director of a college before. I guess this is just high school. If you keep doing the same thing and hiring from within you're going to get the same results. Look at the programs like Murphy and Robbinsville. Clearly there is something that they are doing differently. So, if someone turns down the offer for a position that means they didn't want the position in the first place but all at once ok I will take the position. Really! Don't get upset. Last year we gave up 49 points to Murphy, the year before 56 points, year before that 55, 2015 gave up 54, 2014 49, 2013 gave up 55 and 49, 2012 gave up 55, 2011 gave up 49, 2010 gave up 56, 2009 gave up 69, 2008 gave up 63, 2007 gave up 64! These are facts!!!! But I guess we all forgot about that! 2004 to 2019 6 coaches! 5 different coaches since 2009 and how long has he been working there? But understand you can't get upset everybody has a right to their opinion, so what's been done has been done. We will see what happens
You have been the director of a college and can’t use there and their in the correct context!!:rolleyes: When the committee (more than one person) didn’t decide on a coach he stepped up and took it because time was running out! The more you speak the more you discredit your first hand knowledge of the situation! He was worried about the Kids and they needed a coach! He has been there (see that is the correct usage of the word) for 20+ years but only coach football in 2 or 3 of those seasons mentioned above! You are correct everyone is entitled to their (correct usage of the word again) own opinion and I will never say they aren’t, but when you state you have first hand knowledge that is implying a fact. An untrue fact that I can dispute!

I was smart enough to hire people with the skill set to the best job at it!
Nice edit! Lol
I read it when it was posted!! What does the fact that you hired the right people for the job have to do with anything about this! If you don’t think he has the skill set sit down and talk football with him anytime! He would love to talk he is a great guy ask anybody who knows him.

Why bring this up now right before the season starts? Murphy scores lots of points on everybody! You sound like you have inside info which means you are probably a former disgruntled employee. Be careful people might figure out who you are. McClure has his work cut out for him! I too hope the Jackets can do better! Good luck Jackets and pay no attention to pot stirrers.

Fake news must work for CNN!!!o_Oo_O

Reactions: BK13T-$
Not gonna happen..even if they run..trust me!
Never say never!!! I know he is doing well at Pisgah but I know he loves the Smoky Mountain Conference. Chances on a state title would be somewhat easier too. I’m not saying that he couldn’t do it at Pisgah, just saying competition is easier in 1A ball.
There is only a handful of people that would hear of an exit of CC before bearsman. You can bet the farm on that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT