ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesvilles Jake Mctaggart

He played varsity his freshman season, he missed this past football season but healed in time to be ready for basketball season.

He has the elite size and is a really fluid athlete for 6'7 so it's pretty obvious what the appeal is from a D1 college standpoint, bright future if he stays healthy. His college future is probably in football but he might end up with some lower tier D1 (SoCon, Big South) type basketball offers before it's all said and done.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
Christ the King is coming with free room and board and a fifth year.
Haha. He doesn’t need it. Although if he does go the football route, I hope he doesn’t early enroll somewhere and skip his last hoops season. He is a lot of fun to watch on the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
I think you meant Christ School... Also, I'm assuming he's going to grow a few more inches considering his age. At a solid 6'7 right now, exactly how much he grows in the next few years will probably decide what he's going to do for him and not the other way around. Tallest player in the NFL currently is 6'9 (3- Offensive Tackles).

Last edited:
Reactions: btango
I think you meant Christ School... Also, I'm assuming he's going to grow a few more inches considering his age. At a solid 6'7 right now, exactly how much he grows in the next few years will probably decide what he's going to do for him and not the other way around. Tallest player in the NFL currently is 6'9 (3- Offensive Tackles).

You are right in both assessments. Corrected school name. Old man syndrome.

You are right in both assessments. Corrected school name. Old man syndrome.
From what I've read on here from you over the years, you've probably forgotten more than I will ever know. You should come to the Tuscola @ Pisgah game this year. I've heard you mention it's on your bucket list before. It's at Pisgah this year, definitely where you'd want to attend your first one at for the best overall experience.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
N.C. State was considering going to visit today, if he wants to play college football he needs to get in the weight room and focus more on football, then the sky would be the limit.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Play both with football being primary sport
How does that work in you opinion? Only play basketball during the HS season and when it’s over start weight training? No travel ball. Does he skip basketball practice for weight training? Just really wondering what opinions are when it comes to sports specialization. We all know it’s a raging debate across the US.

Power Forward and tight end have a lot of crossover skills. Jimmy Graham, Darren Fells, Julius Thomas, Tony Gonzales, Antonio Brown...all played hoops even through college. Not to say he is Jimmy Graham and do both in college or something, just saying I think doing both at least in high school is fine for a tight end recruit.

Last edited:
Also, I'm assuming he's going to grow a few more inches considering his age. At a solid 6'7 right now, exactly how much he grows in the next few years will probably decide what he's going to do for him and not the other way around. Tallest player in the NFL currently is 6'9 (3- Offensive Tackles).
He seems to be about done growing but you never know for sure.

So you would push for him to specialize in football only?
Absolutely not ,but if he is interested in D1 football , thats what he should lean toward, in my opinion ,if he wants to play college basketball then that has to be his focus.

Yousef has 13 offers and most of those want him to play more than 1 sport in HS.

He seems to be about done growing but you never know for sure.
Also watching McTaggart tonight next to Millsaps (who is a legit 6'7) from Swain I would say McTaggart is more like 6'6. Which is honestly probably better for him if he's going to play football because at a certain point you get diminishing returns in regards to height.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT