ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock

ItsJustWords252

Sep 10, 2013
Charlotte
Just wanna say this is one of the best teams we have ever fielded this year it’s definitely the most balance team we ever had no question and there can be no more questioning about our opponents we beat a lot of great teams this year in Jacksonville EE Smith Southern Nash Western Alamance there’s no question havelock is def battle tested this year let’s bring that title back to craven county

Reactions: dogs79
Just wanna say this is one of the best teams we have ever fielded this year it’s definitely the most balance team we ever had no question and there can be no more questioning about our opponents we beat a lot of great teams this year in Jacksonville EE Smith Southern Nash Western Alamance there’s no question havelock is def battle tested this year let’s bring that title back to craven county

About every 8th or 9th word you can throw a period or comma in there. Even and exclamation mark! Or three!!!

Looks like your Rams are rolling. Should not have picked against them. Congrats!

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
Havelock will be pumped for this game. New coach/ era for the Rams. I believe they will put the exclamation point on it themselves. 252 don't have to worry about adding them.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
This should be a great matchup. It's interesting about saying this is one of Havelock's best teams ever. Some in the know, have suggested this is Catholic's best team ever. Is all this just hype? It remains to be seen. Havelock will have their hands full as well. One thing not mentioned much but worth mentioning, is Catholic just came down this year from 4A. Their head coach, Mike Brodowicz, is in his fourth season. Under his leadership, Catholic has gone 57-4. This is their third trip to the state finals, the other two being in 4A. This is their first in 3A. Two of their losses, were in 2015, to Mallard Creek 40-21 and New Bern 23-15. In 2016 to Charlotte Christian 20-13 and Dudley 21-10. I'm looking forward to this game between two state signature programs. Good luck to both teams.

This should be a great matchup. It's interesting about saying this is one of Havelock's best teams ever. Some in the know, have suggested this is Catholic's best team ever. Is all this just hype? It remains to be seen. Havelock will have their hands full as well. One thing not mentioned much but worth mentioning, is Catholic just came down this year from 4A. Their head coach, Mike Brodowicz, is in his fourth season. Under his leadership, Catholic has gone 57-4. This is their third trip to the state finals, the other two being in 4A. This is their first in 3A. Two of their losses, were in 2015, to Mallard Creek 40-21 and New Bern 23-15. In 2016 to Charlotte Christian 20-13 and Dudley 21-10. I'm looking forward to this game between two state signature programs. Good luck to both teams.

I would not disagree that Charlotte will be favored. I just don't think it will matter come game time. It's going to be all about kid's making plays.

2 losses in 2014 and 2016, none in 2015.

Reactions: mrhonda
Caleb King has a ton of state championship experience.

Yea I just read Mrhonda's comment. Caleb King will not be out coached! He has experience from working with Clay Jordan ( 4 years) and Jim Bob ( 7 or 8 years). Look what he did from the get go at East Carteret and now in his first year at Havelock. I stated last season after he was named the new coach there would be no drop off at Havelock. I also saw an interesting article the other day in the paper showing that in Jim Bobs most successful seasons Caleb was on the staff. I don't think that is by coincidence.

When Jim Bob left Havekock he told me he felt good about what he was leaving because the classes they had at the school were good enough to be in it at the end every season.

When Jim Bob left Havekock he told me he felt good about what he was leaving because the classes they had at the school were good enough to be in it at the end every season.

They have an excellent jv program at Havelock. The qb's dad Sabdo ( i think my spelling is correct) is the jv coach. They have an amazing record over the past decade. I might be able to count the losses on 1 hand. Also Havelock - Jacksonville and maybe even some of the Duplin county kids have parents with military backgrounds. There is better dicipline because of it. It's sad when you have kids that have parents that are not involved in their lives. But Havelock has a great program in place that just feeds itself. I don't see it slowing down no time soon. Caleb is only going to get better.

Congrats and Big ups for scheduling a home amd home series with Dillon SC, shpuld be epic.

Well you have to give it to Havelock. They are not scared of going into Dillon and playing. Hopefully its early in the season so I won't mind missing my own team to go see this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT