ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock

ItsJustWords252

Sep 10, 2013
Charlotte
Believe havelock will go 11- 1or 12-0 and make another deep run in the playoffs they have a lot of tough opponents this year will definitely be battle tested by the time playoffs come around

Coach King is awesome! No let down when it comes to the Rams! Little 3a will be tough, but you either have balls or you don't!

Believe havelock will go 11- 1or 12-0 and make another deep run in the playoffs they have a lot of tough opponents this year will definitely be battle tested by the time playoffs come around

The non-conference plus the Jacksonville game will be tough. They should beat West Craven and New Bern but those two games against Wallace Rose Hill and Rocky Mount should be really good. Rocky Mount lost a lot but still are very well-coached. Wallace returns their leading back plus pretty much the entire defense off a 15-1 squad.

I don't expect much from Rose this year but we'll see.

The non-conference plus the Jacksonville game will be tough. They should beat West Craven and New Bern but those two games against Wallace Rose Hill and Rocky Mount should be really good. Rocky Mount lost a lot but still are very well-coached. Wallace returns their leading back plus pretty much the entire defense off a 15-1 squad.

I don't expect much from Rose this year but we'll see.

How is new Bern looking this year and yeah those gonna be some tough games but no one can say we playing a weak schedule anymore lol

Reactions: Otis4411
Goodluck on your season 252. I'm on call this week so no high school football for me. I think you will be pleased with Coach King. We have some question marks but I thought we looked good against Beddingfield and East Carteret the other day. We had an operation this past offseason and removed a cancer. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Wish I could go to our game and the Havelock/West Craven game at the same time! Good luck to both the Eagles and Rams this year, just not on week 2 or 3 :)

Yea that would be nice. Jacksonville should be really good this year too. I love the Boone kid. If the other kids around him can add some support they will again make some noise. While a part of me is eager to see how we can do in 2A I hate not being in 3A. Playing Havelock in the first week in a game that has no conf meaning is about as bad as how to figure out adding a new bookmark for the 2A board. It just don't feel right.

Havelock should be well Havelock..the Cards will be something else this year. Believe it or not faster then last year's bunch. If your thought J Boone was special. Wait till y'all get ahold of Boone 2k0 the younger brother. Baring injury is a bigger version of his brother. With a loaded backfield returning from last season and the return of 3 starters from a dominant offensive line. Throw in a few JV players who would have.played varsity anywhere else. Don't be surprised if these Cards make another deep run. But before everyone goes give Havelock the conference you had better watch out for Northside...loaded with multiple D1 players all over the field.

Havelock should be well Havelock..the Cards will be something else this year. Believe it or not faster then last year's bunch. If your thought J Boone was special. Wait till y'all get ahold of Boone 2k0 the younger brother. Baring injury is a bigger version of his brother. With a loaded backfield returning from last season and the return of 3 starters from a dominant offensive line. Throw in a few JV players who would have.played varsity anywhere else. Don't be surprised if these Cards make another deep run. But before everyone goes give Havelock the conference you had better watch out for Northside...loaded with multiple D1 players all over the field.

I'll be pulling for ya'll every game except for the week we go down there. A strong coaching staff got even stronger with the addition of the SWO coach. Stay healthy and good luck this year!

lol I'm more scared of jacksonville cards than northside but I will take your word for it and good luck this year jacksonville I wouldn't be surprise if maybe y'all didn't take the conference title with all you have returning but I have faith in havelock because they always play their best jv players on varsity and for our jv to have substain such a great record for the past 7 years I think that is a good thing for us

lol I'm more scared of jacksonville cards than northside but I will take your word for it and good luck this year jacksonville I wouldn't be surprise if maybe y'all didn't take the conference title with all you have returning but I have faith in havelock because they always play their best jv players on varsity and for our jv to have substain such a great record for the past 7 years I think that is a good thing for us

Havelock has an excellant little league program as well. It all starts from that in my opinion.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
H
Goodluck on your season 252. I'm on call this week so no high school football for me. I think you will be pleased with Coach King. We have some question marks but I thought we looked good against Beddingfield and East Carteret the other day. We had an operation this past offseason and removed a cancer. ;)
Hey Otis,
Wish you could be there this Friday, going to be a special night with a tribute to Wilbur Sasser in a special way, don't want to spoil things right now and spill the beans but watch for pictures in the future, Going to involve both teams, just wish Clay could attend also since him and Wilbur were the best of friends

H

Hey Otis,
Wish you could be there this Friday, going to be a special night with a tribute to Wilbur Sasser in a special way, don't want to spoil things right now and spill the beans but watch for pictures in the future, Going to involve both teams, just wish Clay could attend also since him and Wilbur were the best of friends

Clay should be there. He is still a part of the coaching staff. I could go but if i have a call at work it will take me longer to get back. I'll see if i can get someone to cover for me. I still have Wilburs picture as my profile picture on facebook. I was going to do it a week but it don't feel right changing it now. I may leave it that way until football is over. I respected him a lot. I never knew him like Clay but I got to know him because of Clay. He was fun to be around. I thought he looked good at his visitation. He did not look like someone that had been so sick. Thanks for telling me this. I wasn't going to go because of being on call. One of the coaches has already ragged me about it. lol

Clay should be there. He is still a part of the coaching staff. I could go but if i have a call at work it will take me longer to get back. I'll see if i can get someone to cover for me. I still have Wilburs picture as my profile picture on facebook. I was going to do it a week but it don't feel right changing it now. I may leave it that way until football is over. I respected him a lot. I never knew him like Clay but I got to know him because of Clay. He was fun to be around. I thought he looked good at his visitation. He did not look like someone that had been so sick. Thanks for telling me this. I wasn't going to go because of being on call. One of the coaches has already ragged me about it. lol

Otis,
I am going to try and attach a picture to this reply, but not sure I know how to do it. Any way if you have a facebook account go to Havelock High School Football and look at the end zones. The plan is to have both teams line up priort o the game as for the kickoff, then someone with a drone is going to take a picture from above the 50 yard line. Going to be a great picture for his family.

Picture didn't work, I'm to old for this technology I guess..LOL

Otis,
I am going to try and attach a picture to this reply, but not sure I know how to do it. Any way if you have a facebook account go to Havelock High School Football and look at the end zones. The plan is to have both teams line up priort o the game as for the kickoff, then someone with a drone is going to take a picture from above the 50 yard line. Going to be a great picture for his family.

Picture didn't work, I'm to old for this technology I guess..LOL

I can't help with a picture either! lol
That sounds like a great idea to me. I think Wilbur would be pleased to be honored during a game between our two schools. I just wish there was a conference banner riding on it. When Havelock was not playing he would come to our games. We played at Bertie years ago in like the 3rd rd of playoffs. Wilbur and his father in law were standing beside me and the officiating was getting hard to understand. Every time we put a man in motion they flagged us. Clay was livid out on the field at times. Wilbur told me if Clay would hit the SOB he was going over the fence to go help him. I have no doubt he meant it too! I was always amazed at how badly each wanted to beat the other when we played but after the game they were able to put that aside.

Ram60 has all the drug stores around Havelock run out of white tape yet? If I can go I'll go ahead and buy a roll in Grantsboro. lol.

Ram60 has all the drug stores around Havelock run out of white tape yet? If I can go I'll go ahead and buy a roll in Grantsboro. lol.

I'll Check, I still have some from the couple of times I golfed with him, I wore it so I could let him know how far he was from the pin...LOL

Reactions: Otis4411
Been a good game so far. Our qb just has to hang in and pay his dues. Getting your first start and it being against Havelock I imagine is a little unsettling. Avery Jones is one big kid!

We made some early mistakes but Havelock has made some now in the 3rd. I think regardless of this outcome that we will do ok in 2A this year.

Rams run away late. We looked tired. Good first game for Coach King. Rams will win a lot more and I'll be pulling for you each week.

Last edited:
One thing I enjoy far more than the game is there was no personal fouls from either team thought that was awesome

Yea I was watching that. No drama leading up to game. I hope Coach King can keep it going. We can have a great rivalry and keep it clean. Heck I even bought a Havelock hat and wore last night because of the Sasser tribute. I got a lot of funny looks from my own crowd. After Sasser retired he came to a lot of our games and he would stand with us in the back of the endzone. He and Clay were close. If you ever got to know him you liked him. Honestly it would have been tough for Havelock to have lost last night after that tribute.

West Craven should give 2A teams a fit if they can play with the mighty Rams. Good luck Otis.

Hard game to judge. I hope in 3 weeks we can look back and say it was a better game than we thought. Both teams made mistakes. We made a few more and I think our kids were gassed in the 4th qtr. By the time conf play comes around I think we will be a better team. I see Jacksonville destroyed SWO. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT