ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs eastern alamance

They stay bringing up old crap no one knew crap about eastern alamance when havelock played them the first time lol I know I didn't and I wasn't even on this board then but yeah like I said we see Friday good luck you gonna need it cause like I said u turn that ball over your season is over

The quality of your house is not determined by how well it stands on a clear and sunny day. The quality of your house is determined by how well it stands during and after the storm. Eastern Alamance has built a house with a strong foundation. Built not by just brick and mortar, but by flesh and blood and they will be totally prepared for any storm coming from either the east or the west.

Originally posted by base842:
The quality of your house is not determined by how well it stands on a clear and sunny day. The quality of your house is determined by how well it stands during and after the storm. Eastern Alamance has built a house with a strong foundation. Built not by just brick and mortar, but by flesh and blood and they will be totally prepared for any storm coming from either the east or the west.
This has the makings of a great game. EA may have a solid foundation but I can promise you that NO one has a better off-season conditioning/skill development program or has more work ethic than Havelock.

TW

And as a true Havelock fan I can honestly say that we have tremendous respect for Eastern Alamance. In 09 and 10 you guys came into our house and beat us. My son played on those teams. It was heartbreaking for all of us. This years team may be the best that we have ever had. So with that said, I wish you guys the best on Friday night and hopefully it will be a great game and injury free.

Sooner- This years team is good but tough to beat 2012 and 2013. 2012 with Coop and Scott, phew. Glad they graduated.

NB Bear,
We had a lot of of talent those years, I think as a team that this might be the best of them all. There is a lot of talent out there on the field but these are youngsters. Most of these kids are Soph and Jrs even Freshmen starting. I think we only graduate about 7 this year. They play as a team. You have to admit, You guys beat us but we had you on the ropes till the very end. It's a funny thing when our teams meet... Do you realize that the home team has not won a game in our series since 08?

We had a pretty good lead at half and played conservative there in the 2nd half. Only gave up two offensive TD's. Hard to judge how good both teams were considering it was the second game of the season. Would love to see them play later on in the year but obviously that isn't possible. Away teams have the juice lately, that's for sure.

Look for a high scoring game unless EA turns ball over early, a great team Like Havelock will know how to kick you when you're down, so EA does not need any early mistakes or it could snowball and slip away from them. Look for Havelock to continue to fight through ANY early adversity- a champion of this caliber does not relinquish a crown easily. Stepping out on a limb and pulling for our conference mates to move on in a high scoring contest. EA 48 H 42 Also, look for SG to when a close game as well.

I have seen Havelock on film, Northern Guilford, and EA on film. If Havelock comes up here and things EA is going to be intimidated by Havelock, you will go home disappointed. Northern has just as much speed and talent on offense as Havelock does. They don't have the LB that Havelock does, but they have never won with brute force on the defensive side just pure speed. EA and Northern were a good match that EA came out on top of. EA will be able to play with Havelock. And if the HHS players are thinking like some of their fans, they will lose. Otherwise, Havelock by 7.

Originally posted by L Boog:
Look for a high scoring game unless EA turns ball over early, a great team Like Havelock will know how to kick you when you're down, so EA does not need any early mistakes or it could snowball and slip away from them. Look for Havelock to continue to fight through ANY early adversity- a champion of this caliber does not relinquish a crown easily. Stepping out on a limb and pulling for our conference mates to move on in a high scoring contest. EA 48 H 42 Also, look for SG to when a close game as well.
48 points on Havelock?? I'll take some of that action. Maybe 21 if EA is as good as you think.

I need to smoke what you smoking if u think anyone is gonna put 48 up on havelock lmaoooo if anything they will be glad to score 21 but that's the highest id give them maybe 28 on a busted play but no higher than that

Otis,
How are you my friend??

I too would like some of that action of EA scoring 48 on Havelock! Not saying EA isn't a good team its just that NOBODY has put 48 on Havelock since 2006! 1 Team has only givin up about 60 pts all year. The rest of the points were by 2dn and 3rd string.

Originally posted by SoonerFan-in-NC:
Otis,
How are you my friend??

I too would like some of that action of EA scoring 48 on Havelock! Not saying EA isn't a good team its just that NOBODY has put 48 on Havelock since 2006! 1 Team has only givin up about 60 pts all year. The rest of the points were by 2dn and 3rd string.
I doubt one of the 4A teams would score 48 on Havelock. I've been doing well seems all I do is work now. I went this evening and put out corn for the deer in the pouring down rain. Just got back in around 11pm soaking wet! You still in Alabama?

Wish I were able to make it to Mebane on Friday and pull for the Eagles. Should be a great game.

Assuming S. Guilford wins on Friday, I'm planning to head over there next week to see the eastern finals. I want to see Gallaspy in person.

Thanks I have not looked at the seedings. This should be a really good game at EA. I may have to sacrifice some hunting Friday to go see this.

EA's field is down in a hole next to a lake...always a damp and cold place in the fall....from time to time it can be so foggy you can't see across the field...I look for the Eagles to keep this a very close game but Havelock by a td or less....if Reidsville wasn't playing at home versus Shelby this week...I would make the 40 plus mile trip down to Mebane to see this game...Should be a classic.......................

Those conditions at EA field are idea for a RAM and when they finish the hunt and kill maybe they will take a drink out of that lake GO RAMS!

That victory drink in the lake could turn into a ram washing off some wounds! Bundle up it might be cold! EA baby! Can't wait!

I'm a little late but I'm going with 35-24 havelock in a very tough, hard fought battle. I don't think there is a team in 3a besides possibly crest that can hold havelock to less that 28 points and I dont think EA has seen a defense like havelock yet this year. I don't think havelocks defense is quite as good as it has been the last two years but it still has a solid LB core which i think will be able to contain the EA qb and rb. The two big things I'm going to watch for in this game which could flip the score is 1) turnovers, because this is one of the better defenses havelock has seen in a while so they need to make sure they take care of the football and 2) I believe EA out sizes havelock on the offensive and defensive line so if its a close game going into the 4th quarter I think that can play a huge factor. Looking at the last two times these two played it was a very close game going into both of the 4th quarters until EA size took over late

Originally posted by setchamps99:

anybody know the seating capacity for the visitors section at Eastern Alamance?
I saw on one website that the capacity is 4,000 overall, and the NCHSAA requires that for a 3A school that they must be able to seat at least 1,500 on the home side and 1,000 on the visitor side. If Havelock was concerned about seating, they needed to register their complaint by Monday of this week.

The following is from the NCHSAA Handbook - 2013-2014 pg 82

4.5.4 Playoffs (General Requirements, Checklist, Officials, Press Conference, Sites)
(a) Minimum Seating Requirements are as Follows:
Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500;
Class 2A— host 1450, visitors 750;
Class 3A — host 2000, visitors 1000;
Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500.

(1) The Executive Committee has authority to move a playoff game when
the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host
school meets the minimum seating requirements.

(2) If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the
expense shall be that of the host school. A $1000 penalty shall be
imposed on schools failing to meet seating requirements.

(3) If the visiting team has a complaint regarding the playing facility, it
shall be registered by noon on the Monday preceding the game. In the
event of such a complaint, the President of the Board of Directors shall
have the authority to appoint a committee of three members of the
Board to investigate the facilities. This committee shall be vested with
the full authority to set the site for the game.

(4) If a neutral site is selected, the representatives of the two playing
schools shall meet with a representative of the school furnishing the
neutral field to agree on game management.

This post was edited on 11/28 12:54 PM by sasha_nc

oh no complaints....just checking for a few people...they were just trying to decide how soon to leave.....

Go Bears

Havelock 63 eastern 28 final good season Eastern nice start to a good playoff riveraly

eastern good class program hope to see you guys again next year that Malcolm summers is a monster one the best running backs in the state a good balance back with speed and power and able to bounce off tackles

I kept my mouth closed on this one because I knew what was coming. Don't pick a fight with the big dogs if you can't back it up.

Good luck to you guys tonight. You guys played a heck of a game. Thank you for the kind words about Malcolm. He is a great player. I can't wait to see him on the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT