ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Charlotte Catholic

Players don't come into Catholic from other schools during high school. The penalties are too high. another know nothing prenteding he knows something. Name the stud football players coming into Catholic "from all over". You cant because it doesn't happen and you pulled it out of your backside. Another loser looking for glory on a high school forum speaking on something he knows nothing about.
too complex for them to understand... Simplify!!!!

Damm -
You had to go with the mature \ logical tack. It was a lot better last night when SJW was going off like an unguided missile with posters blowing up at him....
Never, ever get into a debate with a moron. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Admittedly, subtle sarcasm, maturity and logic goes way over their heads but it allows you to at least keep your own sanity.

This agrument spins its wheels every year Catholic wins the title. I dont know if Catholic has an unfair advantage or not nor do i care. I do know that they are sanctoined to play in the NCHSAA and they line up 11 per down just like every other school does. To me they are the Larry Bird of HS football ....just work harder with less natural talent.

You can't do anything but respect that. The argument about East verses West as a whole is over for now. The two when compared simply do not stack up. They talk the West walks....
I won't pretend to speak for the Crest crowd but hey have to be looking at all the dribble and saying "huh?" Crest has played Catholic three times. They split two close games and thumped Catholic in the third. As far as East versus West goes, the difference is stark. In the West, a "program" in a down year will beat a top seed if they show up with their "B" game. The West has programs, and Crest on one of them, that are always competitive year in and year out. They make each other better. In the East, nothing meaningful happens until at best the semifinals.

Reactions: crestrulz
Independence cheated, Shelby cheats, Crest Cheats, Catholic Cheats, my brother cheated, my ex girlfriend from 7th grade cheated. Hell, if you win, you had some unfair advantage in some way.

You can't do anything but respect that. The argument about East verses West as a whole is over for now. The two when compared simply do not stack up. They talk the West walks....
Rulz, yall had superior talent but in the end CC made the right adjustments.

I won't pretend to speak for the Crest crowd but hey have to be looking at all the dribble and saying "huh?" Crest has played Catholic three times. They split two close games and thumped Catholic in the third. As far as East versus West goes, the difference is stark. In the West, a "program" in a down year will beat a top seed if they show up with their "B" game. The West has programs, and Crest on one of them, that are always competitive year in and year out. They make each other better. In the East, nothing meaningful happens until at best the semifinals.
That’s the truth. I’m not hating on Havelock. They simply play no one in the regular season. Then in their ignorance they see a two loss team from the West and think they’re gonna smoke them. It’s just as you said. We beat the hell out of each other so when we really are seeing nothing we have not saw all year unlike them.

I dare say Crest gave Catholic as tough of a game as Havelock did and we only have 3 plays. 😂

Rulz, yall had superior talent but in the end CC made the right adjustments.
They just do what they do and didn’t panic bro. They would have been in trouble if we could have coached up a fourth play.

Catholic is a program I personally respect. All this garbage about cheating is nothing but a bunch of rubes who’s team blows. I remember that big tight end-they had that went to Notre Dame when we beat them standing above the field shaking our players hands and our fans hands as we walked out. Pure freaking class.

They just do what they do and didn’t panic bro. They would have been in trouble if we could have coached up a fourth play.

Catholic is a program I personally respect. All this garbage about cheating is nothing but a bunch of rubes who’s team blows. I remember that big tight end-they had that went to Notre Dame when we beat them standing above the field shaking our players hands and our fans hands as we walked out. Pure freaking class.

He is the OL coach now. Good Dude.

Reactions: crestrulz
The Mighty Crest Chargers - 6 Time State Champions
1994 - 1996 - 4A State Champions - 15-0 (94)
2003- 2004 - 3AA State Champions
2014 - 3A - State Champions - 16-0

2015 - 3AA - State Champions - 16-0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good blood line

almost as good as Catholic's :) LOL

Last edited:
Before the game, there is a picture of Edmonds carrying a "rag patch" doll by the hair. Does anyone know whats the story behind the picture ? Is that suppose represent Catholic ?

Before the game, there is a picture of Edmonds carrying a "rag patch" doll by the hair. Does anyone know whats the story behind the picture ? Is that suppose represent Catholic ?
Google can be your friend.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with Catholic. Did it all season.
Thanks NB
1. I thougt Chucky was a male ?
2. I would suggest he leave it in the dorm next year - That's just kind of thing the opposing defense coaches pick up on and feed to the pack. And at the next level, there won't be skinny 5'8" white kids like catholic players.. Just saying.

Thanks NB
1. I thougt Chucky was a male ?
2. I would suggest he leave it in the dorm next year - That's just kind of thing the opposing defense coaches pick up on and feed to the pack. And at the next level, there won't be skinny 5'8" white kids like catholic players.. Just saying.
Highly doubt Carolina would let him bring it onto the field. Maybe keep it in his locker, but who knows

Reactions: ncjeff and UNC91
Saw mike got traded to the chiefs, hopefully he can stay healthy and compete for a title.
Change of scenery will be good for him, too. Hopefully he can get healthy and show KC what he can really do. It's his contract year so he'll be super motivated.

Reactions: UNC91
Change of scenery will be good for him, too. Hopefully he can get healthy and show KC what he can really do. It's his contract year so he'll be super motivated.

Great player, been unlucky lately. I see a bounce back year, hopefully breakout year. Kc needs a shut down corner

Don't knock a simple playbook but that 4th play does comes in handy. Catholic only has 4 and they don't run the 4th one too often. Lead, toss sweep, cross buck and the occasional play action pass to the tight end. Lots of formations but the same plays and they all look the same starting out. Nothing wrong with keeping it simple at the high school level if you execute. A-B-C, 1-2-3 and Do-Re-Me. 16 year olds aren't ready to do calculus or sing opera. A little toughness also helps.

Reactions: Ladge and UNC91
The 4 plays were: Drive, Double Drive, Power & Cross-Buck trap. Every practice, we started off with 1) Calisthenics, 2) TTO (Team Take Off) and 3) then we break off into backs and linemen for group work. TTO means each string would walk thru each of the 4 plays.

Don't knock a simple playbook but that 4th play does comes in handy. Catholic only has 4 and they don't run the 4th one too often. Lead, toss sweep, cross buck and the occasional play action pass to the tight end. Lots of formations but the same plays and they all look the same starting out. Nothing wrong with keeping it simple at the high school level if you execute. A-B-C, 1-2-3 and Do-Re-Me. 16 year olds aren't ready to do calculus or sing opera. A little toughness also helps.
I'm just saying had we had one more in the bag, we might have scored another TD instead of trying that awful field goal attempt that eventually lead to the loss. Catholic was a tad better on the night. As always Crest's speed was hurting them but they got that under control in the second half.

I didn't say we needed and extensive playbook, I'm jut asking for one more to make four.

The 4 plays were: Drive, Double Drive, Power & Cross-Buck trap. Every practice, we started off with 1) Calisthenics, 2) TTO (Team Take Off) and 3) then we break off into backs and linemen for group work. TTO means each string would walk thru each of the 4 plays.
Hog, you are dating yourself as I played in the 70's. Don't see the first three plays much any more. However, you do see 4 plays 85%-90% of the time.

I'm just saying had we had one more in the bag, we might have scored another TD instead of trying that awful field goal attempt that eventually lead to the loss. Catholic was a tad better on the night. As always Crest's speed was hurting them but they got that under control in the second half.

I didn't say we needed and extensive playbook, I'm jut asking for one more to make four.
Rulz. In total agreement. Crest never lacks toughness. Three plays gets you through 1, 2 maybe 3 rounds in the playoffs. Install the 4th play and 3A better lookout. Get your quarterback healthy. I think he is just a sophomore. Teach him to freelance a little, take off and run on the pass play and there is your 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th play. The kid has some wheels and is dangerous in open space. He can be a difference maker.

Hog, you are dating yourself as I played in the 70's. Don't see the first three plays much any more. However, you do see 4 plays 85%-90% of the time.
Bringing back memories... Dive Power Lead CB... then QPitch Double dive, trap... then 17 boot for the 2 pt conversion and 24 throwback.

Hog

Let me add some illumination to your comments. First it was great to hear your recollection of the beginning of practice. TTO..total team offense, run everyday as a habit..and what was remarkable to visiting coaches was how the first 15 minutes of practice was run so precisely without coaches. We finished this portion of practice with our cadence drill. Each play became habit and we fired off faster because of the cadence drill. A few years ago at a CCHS class function it appeared we had a whole offense in attendance . some confident person found a ball and yelled TTO... it was on... I was so afraid that the Fullback was going to run into the backside pulling guard on the cross buck ( sounds like an ER trip waiting to happen) but we were flawless. Wow..20+ years later we were flawless. :) Next time we are going to get the wives to hold the bags. In my mind it is this type of culture that defined the program.

Oh the forgotten Double Dive.. this is off the Dive series which as not been a frequent mainstay of the current offense for a long time. If we go back to bigger OL splits and four points stances it might come back. That would be great as It would be nice to option out of that like the old days

I don't know what they are calling the plays these days but essentially there are two main play/series: Power/Lead and Cross Buck. Each play in the series looks the same but can attack multiple different holes and come with a play action series of pass plays. Catholic runs the misdirection in the Cross Buck series very well. Catholic runs both of their primary series of plays from multiple formations and also with motion. They do sprinkle in a few other plays, a toss sweep, and Jet sweep ( I guess that adds up to four plays ). They will occasionally go to the gun.

Coach B has created a defense in a similar culture. It is simple in concept which allows them to teach recognition very well and allow them to play faster than people expect. They all understand their responsibilities and take great angles. It results in getting multiple defenders to the ball. They do a great job of teaching and making sure everyone understands their responsibilities.

I think it was CrestRUlz who said it was their speed that hurt us. I disagree and will give credit to Crest as they blocked the point of attack on two of their three long TD plays in the first quarter so well that even Rulz could have carried the mail for 20+ yards. We made adjustment so their blockers did not get the easy releases to seal off the second level and it we kept them off the board for the last three quarters. You just have to give them credit.. they simply executed well and blocked us. Even a down year. Crest is like many of the teams in our conference, if you are not ready to play well they will send you home with a L. There were four teams in our conference last year that could send us packing home with an L.

I hate Crest becuase they dare wear Green Bay Packer look alike uniforms. Sacrilegious in my book, however they show up every year and play from whistle to whistle. They get respect.. so does Kings Mountain. Where did Al Bundy and Huss disappear to? We will miss our old conference next year.

TTO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT