ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Charlotte Catholic

I remember the last time we played. It was a really good game and swung on several 4th down plays. Really fortunate to win tonight as Monroe is very explosive. I see why they hung a few points on Kings Mountain.

We are going to miss our conference next year. It is really full of solid teams so you have to be prepared each week. Congratulations to Monroe despite a third place finish in our conference you made it to the final four of the state.

downlo, good advice.. somehow I see it falling on death ears, but hey good advice all the same

Only a fool is gonna come in here and trash talk CC, I mean they only won 3 in a row. I truly believe this is a different Havelock team tho, the other had no defense and couldn't run it up the gut. We are gonna have to be very patient and discipline to beat this juggernaut

Once upon a time havelock won 3 in a row also its a forum I’ll be glad when ppl learn how to quit being so sensitive and just have fun none of us are playing next week so who cares about a little harmless trash talk everyone in the state knows that Charlotte cathlotic is well coached and always gonna bring it win or lose no one cares we are having fun if you want a ole respectful post start your own lol

havelock by 14/21

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
Once upon a time havelock won 3 in a row also its a forum I’ll be glad when ppl learn how to quit being so sensitive and just have fun none of us are playing next week so who cares about a little harmless trash talk everyone in the state knows that Charlotte cathlotic is well coached and always gonna bring it win or lose no one cares we are having fun if you want a ole respectful post start your own lol

havelock by 14/21
You’re the most sensitive poster on this thread right now. I’m glad we type instead of video chat because you’d have a hard time taking the tampon out of your mouth every time you needed to say something.

Catholic is good. I’ve seen them better. Havelock seems to be on a different level this year. On paper Havelock should win this one. But nothing surprises me anymore.

it’s all fun relax

I am relaxed that is why we don’t need to say anything the Western fans have been talking all season just don’t worry about us on the small corner of the eastern side of the state. We will quietly take care of business like we have all season. Remember we don’t play anyone so Friday so Friday will determine that outcome one way or another.

You’re the most sensitive poster on this thread right now. I’m glad we type instead of video chat because you’d have a hard time taking the tampon out of your mouth every time you needed to say something.

Catholic is good. I’ve seen them better. Havelock seems to be on a different level this year. On paper Havelock should win this one. But nothing surprises me anymore.
Crest always gotta talk even when they are not playing anymore lol go find a new coach loser that’s all y’all cry about is how your coach sucks year after year 😂

LMAO on the video chat line. Never seen that one before but will steal it shamelessly. Also great for describing millennials.

it’s all fun relax
Words. Spot on. The eloquence, or lack of, from the electronic warriors on this board will not determine the outcome of the game. We can all have fun if we just keep it out of the gutter. Catholic's style of play will cause some challenges for Havelock. However, Havelock did not get to this game because they were lucky. The contrast will be fun to watch. My only prediction is that if Catholic wins it will be close. Havelock has the talent to run away with the game but will have to play patient and disciplined, something they have not had to do so far.

Words. Spot on. The eloquence, or lack of, from the electronic warriors on this board will not determine the outcome of the game. We can all have fun if we just keep it out of the gutter. Catholic's style of play will cause some challenges for Havelock. However, Havelock did not get to this game because they were lucky. The contrast will be fun to watch. My only prediction is that if Catholic wins it will be close. Havelock has the talent to run away with the game but will have to play patient and disciplined, something they have not had to do so far.
I agree I wouldn’t be surprised if cathlotic won but I know havelock is very capable of winning this game big but they are also capable of losing if they don’t play discipline I’m sure that will be beat into their brains this whole entire week but cathlotic never plays dirty so I don’t see that being an issue except maybe taunting which I hope they don’t do and decide to control their emotions until the end of the game

I agree I wouldn’t be surprised if cathlotic won but I know havelock is very capable of winning this game big but they are also capable of losing if they don’t play discipline I’m sure that will be beat into their brains this whole entire week but cathlotic never plays dirty so I don’t see that being an issue except maybe taunting which I hope they don’t do and decide to control their emotions until the end of the game
By disciplined I believe he means staying disciplined on defense. Neither of these teams play dirty so that should not be an issue.

Going to be one of the best games of the weekend. Not taking anything away from the staff at Havelock, because they are well coached. But I feel Catholic is the best coached team year I and year out. Havelock will have to remain patient, and understand it will take 10-12 play drives to score. Can’t have penalties nor turn the ball over. Plus, there will be a limited number of possessions, because of Catholic’s style of play. Pulling for the Rams to pull out the win. Close game, with a score in the mid 20s...

I expected it to be an interesting game, just promise that if CATHOLIC wins you will learn to spell it correctly. Of course if Havelock wins you have earned the right to continue to spell it however you wish. :)

havelock by 14/21

6FE9AA17-A06B-4A82-AD5B-AC96F0DD5CA6.jpeg

History traditionally says CC wins this, but this Havelock group is different. Alot of them were in that 17 lost to CC as freshman and felt that pain. Most of them were on that 18 unraveling against Jville in the Eastern Finals when we felt that team could have beat CC. They know what it feels like to lose on the big stage, I think Havelock takes care of business this time

History traditionally says CC wins this, but this Havelock group is different. Alot of them were in that 17 lost to CC as freshman and felt that pain. Most of them were on that 18 unraveling against Jville in the Eastern Finals when we felt that team could have beat CC. They know what it feels like to lose on the big stage, I think Havelock takes care of business this time
Okay let’s break this down a little bit. First of all how many freshman were on the ‘17 team that Catholic beat? One or two…or is that two too many. Are you kidding me? Secondly, the luckiest HS team in NC history, the Jacksonville Cardinals in 2018 get lucky beating Havelock in the pouring rain in a slopfest then gets another trashy swamped out field in the championship game at lowly Kenan Stadium.

Everyone knows, and I mean everyone, ifJacksonville had to play Havelock on a dry field straight up they would’ve been slapped down in the dirt that season. Then they get lucky and the same thing happens again in the championship game. At least this time they lost. And what happened to them after that…….exactly…back to the bottom rung of the ladder where they live and where they belong. It should’ve been Havelock and Catholic in 2018 also. I know you guys will be busy this week watching films and getting ready for the Pope’s Boys and we will do likewise. See you Friday night Ram fans.

I haven’t seen CC in person in several years, but they always have my respect for being a hard nosed, disciplined, and well coached team.

I recently witnessed Havelock’s complete dismantling of WA and found Havelock to be scary-good. Coach Snuffer (WA) commented that Havelock’s offense was one of best he has ever seen. I do not see any area of weakness in Havelock’s team; not in any facet of the game. Even the kicker is good.

This being said, I’m picking the Rams. But it’s just my opinion and realizing that I have not seen the Cougars in 2021.

Would love to attend but prior commitments will keep me away.

Best of luck; congratulations; and safe travels to the Cougars, Rams, and their fans!

Okay let’s break this down a little bit. First of all how many freshman were on the ‘17 team that Catholic beat? One or two…or is that two too many. Are you kidding me? Secondly, the luckiest HS team in NC history, the Jacksonville Cardinals in 2018 get lucky beating Havelock in the pouring rain in a slopfest then gets another trashy swamped out field in the championship game at lowly Kenan Stadium.

Everyone knows, and I mean everyone, ifJacksonville had to play Havelock on a dry field straight up they would’ve been slapped down in the dirt that season. Then they get lucky and the same thing happens again in the championship game. At least this time they lost. And what happened to them after that…….exactly…back to the bottom rung of the ladder where they live and where they belong. It should’ve been Havelock and Catholic in 2018 also. I know you guys will be busy this week watching films and getting ready for the Pope’s Boys and we will do likewise. See you Friday night Ram fans.
No they got lucky that Cameron got injured because they could not stop him he literally had almost 200 yards in a half

Words. To expound on coach's comments, no insinuation of dirty play on either team. The implication was that Havelock will have to play disciplined position defense, more so than any game previously this year. Catholic's goal will be to slow the game down, shorten it and limit possessions for both teams. Just ask Monroe. They had about 1 minute of possession in the 1st quarter, one turnover and were behind 14-0 before they saw the ball in the 2nd quarter. Possessions will be more precious and defensive stops that much more valuable. In a game like this, avoiding penalties and mistakes will be critical. Catholic typically won't beat themselves but their margin of error is much less than Havelock's in this one. Both have been there before and expect deep runs every year regardless of talent so I expect emotions to be well within check for both teams. Again, I look forward to the contrast in styles.

Words. To expound on coach's comments, no insinuation of dirty play on either team. The implication was that Havelock will have to play disciplined position defense, more so than any game previously this year. Catholic's goal will be to slow the game down, shorten it and limit possessions for both teams. Just ask Monroe. They had about 1 minute of possession in the 1st quarter, one turnover and were behind 14-0 before they saw the ball in the 2nd quarter. Possessions will be more precious and defensive stops that much more valuable. In a game like this, avoiding penalties and mistakes will be critical. Catholic typically won't beat themselves but their margin of error is much less than Havelock's in this one. Both have been there before and expect deep runs every year regardless of talent so I expect emotions to be well within check for both teams. Again, I look forward to the contrast in styles.
Yes I don’t want ppl to think either team plays dirty I shoulda used better words lol but what I really meant was havelock tends to talk a lot once someone eggs them on and that can cost them big in this game so I’m hoping they just go out there and play keep emotions in check

I still can’t believe we had these 🤡 down 21-7 in the first🤣🤣 can’t wait until we add a 3rd play in the playbook.. good luck to both teams
Up 21-7 and losing is psychologically tough. What further hurts is that this game was in doubt until the last play. It looked like it was going into overtime and both teams had chances to score in the last 3 minutes. However, what really has you down is that you got beat by a team that made you feel like you were looking in the mirror. 2-3 plays and on 2nd and 1 heave the ball downfield on a play action. Lead, lead, lead, toss sweep, lead, toss sweep, cross buck, lead, lead, lead, heave the ball downfield when you have a down to waste... Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
No they got lucky that Cameron got injured because they could not stop him he literally had almost 200 yards in a half
Yeah u just making things up now lol... Hutch had nowhere close to 200 yards, he had the least of the backs on the team that game. When he got hurt we went away from running the ball, we really 4got Edmonds could run the rock cuz he saw nomore carries and we went to straight passing and qb runs

Yeah u just making things up now lol... Hutch had nowhere close to 200 yards, he had the least of the backs on the team that game. When he got hurt we went away from running the ball, we really 4got Edmonds could run the rock cuz he saw nomore carries and we went to straight passing and qb runs
We had 355 rushing yards in that game how I’m making stuff up seems like to me u got that joe Biden

• Haha
Reactions: onioncfb
Rooting hard for my Cougars. I would be lying if I said I think this is the best Team we have had in our recent run. Some of the best players on the offensive side of the ball are freshman and sophomores. Defense led by seniors Liam Barbee (Who I think may be the best middle linebacker in greater Charlotte area) and Conner Dougherty (who singlehandedly wrecked Monroe's offense from off the edge) will have to really Slow Havelock down for us to have a chance. Think Havelock should be the favorite here. Catholic will be looking for the defense to be the best they have been all year and a couple of breaks to steal this one.

Rooting hard for my Cougars. I would be lying if I said I think this is the best Team we have had in our recent run. Some of the best players on the offensive side of the ball are freshman and sophomores. Defense led by seniors Liam Barbee (Who I think may be the best middle linebacker in greater Charlotte area) and Conner Dougherty (who singlehandedly wrecked Monroe's offense from off the edge) will have to really Slow Havelock down for us to have a chance. Think Havelock should be the favorite here. Catholic will be looking for the defense to be the best they have been all year and a couple of breaks to steal this one.
Liam Barbee is the best LB to ever play at Catholic. Period, end of story. Kid is an animal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT