ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock @ Valhalla (Tarboro)

Exactly what I thought may happen. Hard for anyone to go both ways for the entire game, let alone majority. It shows the difference between 1A vs 3A state champs/contenders.
Absolutely! They have a few d1 guys, and we’ve got six guys going both ways the whole game, they just wore us out. If we capitalize on their turnovers and not turn the ball over ourselves in that third qtr and it’s a different game

This is a great result. I know we lost and the streak is broken, but we played head to head with them for 3 quarters. At that point, Havelock's depth took over. I am proud of the Vikings. They showed they are the best 1A team east of I-95, and maybe the entire State. I believe the rest of the season will be ours and we will make it to the State championship game...not saying we are winning that game, just that we will be there.

This is a great result. I know we lost and the streak is broken, but we played head to head with them for 3 quarters. At that point, Havelock's depth took over. I am proud of the Vikings. They showed they are the best 1A team east of I-95, and maybe the entire State. I believe the rest of the season will be ours and we will make it to the State championship game...not saying we are winning that game, just that we will be there.
Great post! I would even argue we were a little better than them for 2qtrs. The downside is that 3qtr they were a lot better than us. Again, I’m proud of those young men. They gave it their all

The quarterback from Havelock was nervous the 1st quarter; after he gather his composure you can see that this kid got a cannon for an arm. They will have some close playoff games with Southern and Northern Nash, but should get by them; when they get to 71st that could be a different story.

Tarboro I take my hat off to you, many great 1A and 2A school. Would never took a challenge this big at your house due to the gamble of knowing this could blemish their perfect record.

Kids over there fought tuff through the whole game can't wait to get back to Viking Stadium for another one. Like I told them last evening walking out put this one behind you and get refocus for conference play and a deep playoff run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT